Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 03-19-2013, 12:34 AM   #1
Tofu Delivery

No Commission questions?

Ok this never happened before so message me if this is the wrong place/move it:

I tried to get a Russia cosplay commissioned (CD version,) in late 2011/early 2012. Everything was fine and I paid around 100-200 dollars for the whole outfit minus the wig/boots. The outfit was suppose to be completed around April of 2012. Unfortunately I couldn't go to the convention but I still wanted to finish paying and use the cosplay at a later time.

In May I received a pm about the cosplay being sent back due to a zip code error. I apologized and asked if there was a way I can get it shipped again/corrected the information. Hello Nessy Cosplay Shop said it was ok and she was suppose to send it back.

In June I received an email from the commissioner's sister, who said that her sister was in an accident, and that her aunt brought in several cosplay outfits. I send an email back with my condolences and told them what the cosplay outfit was.

After one more email I didn't receive any other messages. I tried to email several times and even pms on cosplay.com and nothing. Vanished. No refund, no cosplay, nothing. I emailed a few more times because I moved since then and I didn't get anything back at all.

I thought it was weird because the cosplay was done and they told me the routing number as well (from the first attempt.) And the woman seems to have good work on her website.

My question is, outside of just giving up, what else should I do and can do?
Tofu Delivery is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-19-2013, 01:09 AM   #2
usuyukisou

Read this thread for more on Hello Nessy and their various names.
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=277942

They are capable of good work. They just don't.
Unread 03-19-2013, 12:24 PM   #3
Chergnomebyl
Landshark

Well you can maybe still try to dispute it, I doubt you can but you never know. Hello Nessy scams a lot of people. Before you commission again, its best to look up reviews first then looking at their work. Pictures don't mean their legit and reliable. Sorry you got scammed, I hope you can figure something out. Goodluck.

https://www.facebook.com/ChergnomebylProps
Chergnomebyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 06:54 PM   #4
Tofu Delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by usuyukisou View Post
Read this thread for more on Hello Nessy and their various names.
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=277942

They are capable of good work. They just don't.
Oh man that sucks.

I went on their website and they had good work/finished products. I also seen email claims but I should had followed my own advice and google image search the products on the page. Also I gave them the benefit of the doubt since I did forget to add two numbers on my zip code when I filled out my address information.

Here are some of the messages:

Its me Impness from cosplay.com whom you commissioned to make russia's costume, I hope you can reply to this message as I cant seem to PM you on coscom, this is regarding your costume.
Thank you so much!

Good Morning Ma'am/Sir,

My name is ***, I'm **** sister, She own Hello Nessy Cosplay Shop. I just wanted to ask what is your costume, name of character, from what show & a brief description how its supposed to look like?
I'm sorry for this late reply and I'm really sorry to inform you that my sister had been in a stampede accident, she just recovered last week and she informed me about costume orders, my aunt who is a seamstress had brought several cosplay costumes in our house and there are also some props like weapons and accessories, if Im not wrong, I believe your costume is one of those.

Also my sister told me for those who've missed their deadlines, kindly inform me with your reply as she wants to give compensation for those by shouldering the shipping fee of the package. For those who she missed deadlines with we want to apologize as what we encountered is unexpected, We're hoping for your kind consideration, If your deadline is not yet missed & will be coming soon, please do let me know as well so I can process shipping as soon as possible. Thank you very much and may God bless you always!

So I thought they were legit. I only ordered one other outfit from Eastern asia (from Indonesia,) and the only issue I had was shipping so I didn't think there was a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chergnomebyl View Post
Well you can maybe still try to dispute it, I doubt you can but you never know. Hello Nessy scams a lot of people. Before you commission again, its best to look up reviews first then looking at their work. Pictures don't mean their legit and reliable. Sorry you got scammed, I hope you can figure something out. Goodluck.
You know how I would go about doing this? This is only my second time getting a commission done through Cosplay.com so I'm kind of a noob.

Last edited by Tofu Delivery : 03-22-2013 at 07:02 PM. Reason: adding more
Tofu Delivery is offline   Reply With Quote