Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Dragon*Con

Unread 03-20-2013, 01:01 PM   #1
Katala

Wink ASOIAF and Game of Thrones in 2013

As stated in 2012, and as I've been doing since before the HBO series began, I will continue to update the ASOIAF and GOT events here.

We have multiple shoots and gatherings:
Photoshoots:

Saturday: 12pm Noon, Hilton 5th Floor
Saturday: 5pm, Hilton 5th Floor
Sunday: 3pm, Hilton 5th Floor

Gatherings:
1. Thursday night bar crawl hosted by Tara Lynne (event info on events in the GoT FB link https://www.facebook.com/?sk=nf#!/ev...7371894347454/)
2. Saturday morning: The Parade - signup in on the FB group to get your ribbon from Dany.
3. Friday 10:30 PM The Stargate/Alt Lit Party will have photo ops with Game of Thrones themed backdrops for $10 which will go towards the Dcon 2013 Charity fund - There was some really nice GoT photos with the Iron Throne backdrop last year.
https://www.facebook.com/?sk=nf#!/ev...1341668713945/

Tracks:
So far for DragonCon 2014 we have been included in the new Fantasy Track and so have a "home base" as well as American Sci-Fi And Fantasy. The Fanstsy Lit track welcomes artwork like fanwork and banners for the walls, etc. We may also GoT card games, boardgames, or other Westerosi games there at their late night games (only Friday night has an official listing on the tentative schedule but the track room is usually open to play games in till late in the night - so if you have GoT games and want to play them the board game, the Westerosi Cards against humanities, the Drinking Game please do).

GoT Panels:
Here is a google doc with panels, meetups, and photoshoots (will add as more is announced or changed).
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0At_l9SB2mv8OdDFZbFc0UjktUDNHVDF0eldWS2tPS Xc#gid=1

Please join the Facebook group - there are character lists there:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/399029893457043/

-Winter is Coming

Costumes:
  • Finished: She-Ra, Hathor (SG-1), G-Girl (My Super Ex-Girlfriend), Circe (or Leta), Miaka (Fushigi Yuugi), Scarlet Witch, Inara with crossbow prop (Serenity), Hermione's Red Dress (HP7), Lady Catelyn Stark (GOT), Electra, Baroness, Newmar Catwoman, Sha're (SG-1), Ceremonial Leia, Fiona and Lessa (Pern), Romana I, Prof. McGonagall (HP)
  • My service dog, Cinder is wearing: K.9. (Dr. Who), Gold Dragon Weyrling (PERN), and Gryffindor.

Last edited by Katala : 08-16-2013 at 05:48 PM.
Katala is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-10-2013, 08:38 PM   #2
Athel
PUT YOUR GUNS ON!!

Wow! This will be my first D*Con, and all of these events sound awesome. (Especially since I mostly planned my effort for GoT cosplay.)
Date Masamune (Sengoku Basara) - *in progress*
Joffery Baratheon (Game of Thrones) - Dragon*con 2013
Athel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 05:48 PM   #3
Katala

updated information on everything, panels, meetups, track stuff, photoshoots

Costumes:
  • Finished: She-Ra, Hathor (SG-1), G-Girl (My Super Ex-Girlfriend), Circe (or Leta), Miaka (Fushigi Yuugi), Scarlet Witch, Inara with crossbow prop (Serenity), Hermione's Red Dress (HP7), Lady Catelyn Stark (GOT), Electra, Baroness, Newmar Catwoman, Sha're (SG-1), Ceremonial Leia, Fiona and Lessa (Pern), Romana I, Prof. McGonagall (HP)
  • My service dog, Cinder is wearing: K.9. (Dr. Who), Gold Dragon Weyrling (PERN), and Gryffindor.
Katala is offline   Reply With Quote