Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > General Construction Help

Unread 03-26-2013, 12:07 PM   #1
FuchsiaBones

Horns and Wig

This is my first time serious cosplay that I'll be doing for Planet ComicCon in KC. I'll be doing my all-time favorite X-Men charrie, Marrow. I have a fantastic wig, and beautiful horns that were molded out of Model Magic, but my problem is getting them to work together and stay on my head.

The horns encompass my forehead to the hair line, which is the first problem. The horns and my wig are fighting for placement. The second problem is getting the horns to stay. My original plan for the horns was to use spirit-gum. However, that doesn't seem to keep the horns attached to my head. I've also tried a wire frame (that would mimic how someone puts glasses on, looping behind the ears) as well as to a plastic headband. Of all of these, the wire framing fitting behind the ears seemed to work the best, but it prevented the horns from sitting flush against my head.

Any recommendations would be GREATLY appreciated. The con is in less than two weeks, and the horns/hair are imperative to the cosplay. Thanks so much!

Horns: http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...es-d5zc8x1.jpg
Wig:
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...70650661_n.jpg
FuchsiaBones is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-27-2013, 11:14 PM   #2
Nostrum
R4Hscal

You might be better off posting this in the Wig section, but for the horns have you tried using elastic that runs the circumference of your head (like a sweat band would), underneath the wig? Have you thought of putting something in the back of the horns that would allow you to pin through it and into the wig/your hair?
And I think for the bottom edge where it's contacting your skin, it would definitely be worth using spirit gum and/or liquid latex to get that sealed look.
Nostrum is offline   Reply With Quote