Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 04-01-2013, 12:48 PM   #1
pandagilbirds
Is this a pigeon?

Lost 13 lbs in 1 Week

I am not from any business to promote some diet supply or something.

Okay so, I decided to start my diet last week when spring break started. I'm 164 cm who used to be 167 lbs. After just one week I became 165 cm (suddenly I just grew lol) 154 lbs. Just one week. So I decided to share my one week diet journey with y'all. I swear I am not lying in anything I will say.

1) Exercise: Truth be told, I never got up from my seat in front of the computer the whole past week except to go to the bathroom, bed, or the fridge. This is what I did: Nothing. But don't think of this as, never exercise. Do exercise. If I actually did, I'd have lost more weight. Also, it's good for the body.

2) Diet: Reduce your meal portion to half and eat before you are hungry. When you are hungry, you tend to devour food. Also, scoop the food from the pan yourself. It gives you the right to scoop only half.

3) Do Not Eat or Drink: Do not drink soda, energy drinks, and any drink besides water, tea, vinegar. For people who just can't live without coffee, drink 1~2 cup only or change your coffee to black. Do not eat fast food, chips, or any of those stuff. You can definitely live without these.

4) Water, Tea, and Vinegar: Water (pure water no Kool-Aid just water) Cold Green Tea is most effective. Not a green tea frap. It may sound bad but try Pomegranate Vinegar. I just drank it because it's tastes good but apparently it is good for the body. It increases your metabolism. It is also good for other things such as: skin, fatigue, and some diseases. Drink all three at least once a day.

This is all I did. I just realized today is April Fools but this is not a joke.
I hope everyone is successful on their diet this spring!
pandagilbirds is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-01-2013, 01:11 PM   #2
StuckOnAsgard
You Were Made To Be Ruled

This is fantastic. I for one struggle with working out what with what I do for a living and what not...But I will have to give this a try.

Current Cosplays:
Lady Loki-The Avengers
Lady Loki-Thor 2 (Brainstorming)
StuckOnAsgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 01:19 PM   #3
Suuki
Sakura Chan

I did the same thing as you!
I went from 126 pounds to 118 in a week.
Haha, it really does work. xD (I thought I was crazy)
Cutting your meal size in half really makes a big difference.
I would, just like you, highly suggest working out.

I now work out everyday with my mom.. She is trying to lose weight so she can cosplay Tsunade. (:
Suuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 01:22 PM   #4
rndmguy

Most of that weight is just water weight, but yes, you will lose weight pretty quickly if you cut your calories in half, especially if you were already eating at maintenance. It also helps when you eliminate empty calories like soda and chips and stuff.

Though, if you do the math and put the effort into counting you can keep eating junk and still lose.

Around NE OH or NW PA? I'd love to take photos of your cosplay.
rndmguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 01:34 PM   #5
StuckOnAsgard
You Were Made To Be Ruled

I'm really gonna have to try this out.

Current Cosplays:
Lady Loki-The Avengers
Lady Loki-Thor 2 (Brainstorming)
StuckOnAsgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 02:31 PM   #6
misslomeow

I was also pleasantly surprised how much my body changed after stop drinking soda! I don't exercise either but I walk everywhere and try to move around in the house more.
misslomeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 03:07 PM   #7
pandagilbirds
Is this a pigeon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckOnAsgard View Post
This is fantastic. I for one struggle with working out what with what I do for a living and what not...But I will have to give this a try.
You can definitely do it! C: I'm cheering you on.
Unread 04-02-2013, 03:01 AM   #8
MeilinII
Captain of the KaRei Ship

i fail hard at dieting, but now that i'm going to the gym i'm actually trying to eat more! Protein specifically XD

Thurs: Kai
Fri: Roxas
Sat: Kai
Sun: John
Anime Vegas 2013
Otakon Vegas 2014

Finished costumes for 2013:
God Tier John Egbert - Homestuck
Roxas (Organization XIII) - Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Ness - Earthbound
Team Rocket Grunt, Trainer Red, Pikachu - Pokemon
Itachi, Sasuke - Naruto

Planned costumes for 2013:
Kai Hiwatari - Beyblade 2000 - 90% - Waiting on wig
Hubert - Tales of Graces F - Planned
Timpani - Super Paper Mario - Planned
MeilinII is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 01:35 PM   #9
momomilk

Going to give this a test but I'll be planning to work out as well! Thanks for the tips!
Free! - Haruka Nanase

momomilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 05:33 PM   #10
Septembre
That charming devil again

Yeah this is legit. If you have a lot of bad health habits it won't be easy to lose weight. If I can give advice that is somewhat general to everyone is, start with the diet first. If you have your servings of veggies, fruits and proteins you will have the energy to do the excersize. Get rid of all that crap (junk food, fast food, soda, sugar snacks) and you will see the difference in your energy levels. Drink lots and lots of cold water, tea etc. I drink non sugar tea mixes so that my beverages aren't too boring (Crystal Light Non Sugar Mango and Green Tea).

Cosplay List

Shin Megami Tensei
SMT: Imagine - IGC `Razgriz - Completed (October 2011)
SMT: Persona 4 - Yu Narukami - Completed (May 2013)
SMT: Persona 3 - Akihiko Sanada - TBA (0%)

Death Note
Kira - Light Yagami TBA (0%)
Matt - TBA (0%)

RWBY
Adam - TBA (0%)

Naruto
Zabuza - TBA (0%)

Secret Cosplay - TBA (0%)

Also doing future cosplays for Final Fantasy, Devil May Cry, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Metal Gear Solid and more!
Always looking for cosplay partners & groups!

Septembre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 01:12 AM   #11
k_peek_2000
The Watcher On The Walls

13lbs in a week is actually very fast. I'd personally slow it down a tiny bit because the faster you lose, the easier it is to gain it back. I've been working out and dieting and struggling with weight for some time and finally committed to a gym/plan and have been steadily going on a pace of about 2-4 lbs a week. That is what works for me, it could be very different for you guys.
Anime Expo
San Diego Comic-Con
Disney D23
k_peek_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2013, 03:21 AM   #12
BorgmanJayce
Ore Wa, Sanjou!

I'm going to a gym in Liverpool usually 3 times a week although I didn't last Wednesday and Friday as I had a seizure at home and spent the following few days recovering.

In any case, I find myself wanting to eat a baguette or unhealthy potato chips as soon as I finish my workout.

I've also noticed myself losing weight even if most of it seems to be water weight.
Unread 05-19-2013, 06:02 PM   #13
pandagilbirds
Is this a pigeon?

Oh this is bumped up again. So far I've lost 6 more pounds. It's a lot slower than before because most of the lost 13 lbs were water weight. I've been doing small exercises like cardio and dance. Couldn't control what I ate though, it's near the end of school year and woah food potlucks everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorgmanJayce View Post
In any case, I find myself wanting to eat a baguette or unhealthy potato chips as soon as I finish my workout.
Hope you feel better soon!
In that case, prepare a special day for each week (recommended Friday) to eat whatever and however you want. This way you won't have to stress about not being able to eat what you want. This doesn't mean to pig out or something. But for this, you do have to promise yourself not to eat junk food or eat large on the other days.

Good luck!
Unread 05-20-2013, 08:43 PM   #14
KillerWhaleCake
puripuripuripuripuri

Ah I fail hard at dieting as well (just earlier today I ate a whole chipotle burrito in one sitting, go me lmfao).~ I eat a ton of junk, but I rollerblade for about an hour each day, which is pretty much my only healthy habit. Maybe I'll try this out as a last-minute experiment before AnimeBoston and AnimeNext. Thanks~!
Day 2: Nishinoya Yuu (Haikyuu!!)
Day 3: Sanada Genichirou (Prince of Tennis)
KillerWhaleCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 08:58 PM   #15
lechaflan
Ryojabba Dojiwockee

Good luck everyone here. As for me, my diet sucks as well but I have become a lot stricter than I was last year. For the past 4 months, I've done nothing but strictly cereal for breakfast save for a few days where I ran out. I try to have some greens for lunch for have been eating tons of grilled chicken and steak (not at the same time of course!) for either lunch or dinner but never both. Also, I don't use dairy much. If anything, I'll just use swiss cheese or whatever's cheap and slap some on a whole grain sandwich with your average sandwich meat. I'll have pizza probably every 3 or 4 weeks and a high calorie meal prob 2 or 3 times a week but I make sure to keep within 2000 calories.
Ryotaro Dojima (Persona 4): Otakon 2009, New York Anime Festival 2009, VG Expo 2009, PAX East 2010, Anime Expo 2010, Otakon 2010, New York Anime Festival/Comic-con 2010, Otakon 2011, AnimeNEXT 2012, New York Comic-con 2012, Otakon 2013
Hubert Oswell (Tales of Graces f): Otakon 2013
lechaflan is offline   Reply With Quote