Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-26-2004, 05:37 AM   #31
yukitoLeonheart
Gwen Stefani Rules <3

I need an opinion on something..............

OK Amano Sabin.............I like the color of the boots but the style of his little.....slipper things......the slippers are just so..........vague in color........is it still Amano if I take the design of the one boot and put it on there with maybe some red and light colors? I def want to be a decent Sabin this way, he was my favorite, and still sits lead at the top of my party of my FFIII cartridge......

http://eyesonff.com/ff6/images/sabin04.jpg

also, does anyone think for someone so muscular his neck and face look kind of amaciated in the one picture?
yukitoLeonheart is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-26-2004, 02:53 PM   #32
Duncan
Living Puppet

Do whatever you think works best~ The good thing about Amano is that each design is totally different. So you can mix and match what you think works best in the outfit.
The very existence of the flamethrower proves that somewhere, at some time, someone thought "You know, I'd really like to light those people over there on fire...but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2004, 12:13 AM   #33
Schu
Noisy Alien

I want to do Amano style Kefka or Rosa one day. Duncan's Locke is like the coolest costume ever. Maybe I just like Locke too much or something. hehe.

I wish I could make it to AX this year, but that would take some major luck
Unread 03-30-2004, 03:49 PM   #34
Ali
Nearsighted Avenger

Do any of you have links to some good Amano FF art pages? I'm having a hard time finding some of the earliest stuff. I'll probably cave and buy an artbook eventually, but... you know. ^_^
Unread 03-30-2004, 03:54 PM   #35
Duncan
Living Puppet

Schu: Awh, I think that's the sweetest thing I've ever heard! Thank you so much!

Ali: Depends on what type of Amano art you're looking for. His work in videogames, or his early work in general? I love his work in the late 70s and early 80s, because it's much more detailed and "finished" looking versus his later work.

*EDIT* Ah, just saw that you were looking for FF images. HERE is a good place to look.
The very existence of the flamethrower proves that somewhere, at some time, someone thought "You know, I'd really like to light those people over there on fire...but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

Last edited by Duncan : 03-30-2004 at 03:57 PM.
Unread 03-30-2004, 05:43 PM   #36
Ali
Nearsighted Avenger

Thank you!
Yeah... I'm a huge Amano fan. I'm not sure of the time period of the stuff I really like, as I usually just steal glimpses of other people's artbooks, but there's always some element of every picture that totally captivates me. (Spent all of the 'seated' line waiting time for the Katsu masq. looking through Skye's new Amano artbook... it was good times. ^_^)
Shame that I don't have the time or the funds to complete an Amano costume for AX this year (and have enough on my plate as it is... ^^;;... ) but I'll look forward to seeing what looks to be an amazing group!

P.S. Duncan, I love the sig. And you know I love your Locke costume. ^_^

Last edited by Ali : 03-30-2004 at 06:13 PM.
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2004, 07:52 PM   #37
Ambrosia
Battle Hardened

That's a really excellent site... there's a lot of pictures I haven't seen before, and they're all top quality. There's a picture of Celes on there I was trying to find for quite some time, but all I kept finding was half of the full page. Oh man, I'm like... DYING to go home and finish working on that thing now O.O Thanks!
Unread 05-12-2004, 10:06 PM   #38
fairel
Mistrusts certain flowers

*gives a special hug to all her FFVI buds* (This is Jamie, the moogle one).

My best friend, Hopu (AKA edgar the pimp of figaro) and I are almost finished with our Amano style Rosa and Cecil costumes for Animazement. We hope to bring them to AWA as well.

I would put some pictures up.. but that would ruin the suspense.
fairel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2004, 11:19 PM   #39
Elysion Gear
Crimson Tears

Should I cosplay Amano version of Vincent?
.....maybe.
Elysion Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2004, 01:43 PM   #40
Xanthe Kelsylva
Psycho Psychic

Just out of curiousity, has anyone ever seen or considered doing the Amano version of Aeris? I came across the Amano pictures of her and it actually looks easier to make the Amano version of her costume because instead of the little jacket, she has a long scarf. She also has a softer, less defined hair style and in some pictures it looks like she may have hair clips. I think that's awesome because if I go by the Amano pictures, I actually look like Aeris naturally-- I have long brown hair and I like to wear it tied back with clips in it.

I'm considering making myself an Amano style Aeris costume now. I don't know why, but the Amano pictures just appeal to me more as far as cosplaying goes. I prefer basing my clothes on Amano pictures over basing them off of actual anime, possibly because they look so ornate and yet flowy and uncontrived, which is the look that I go for in everyday life. Really; I like to wear long flowy skirts and lots of jewelry and hair clips.

Plus I've wanted to do an Aeris costume a while ago but got discouraged when I saw that other people had done Aeris already, and done her better than I could. I liked the idea of being Aeris, but didn't like the idea of having the same exact costume as someone else. That's why I did Celes as my first cosplay-- it was totally unique, yet recognizable.

So now I'm considering making myself an Amano-style Aeris cosplay. Basically, I'm going to make Aeris' long pink dress out of silk instead of cotton to give it the flowy look it has in the Amano pictures. Also I'm going to make it lower-cut like his pictures. And it's going to be bias-cut so that it's very close-fitting on top and flowing on the bottom-- I love the look of bias-cut dresses. Then instead of a red jacket I'm going to have a very long red silk scarf with a gold fringe on the edge (I have to pick colors myself since it's a line drawing). Then I'm going to get myself either two very heavy bracelets that match or wear a whole bunch of little bracelets on each wrist. I have 3 different pairs of boots that I could potentially use for this, the most interesting being my turqoise colored boots. Then I'll just pull my hair into a pony tail, leaving some of it loose in front, put a soft pink ribbon around it, then finish off the look with jewelry and hair clips.
Xanthe Kelsylva is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2004, 07:12 PM   #41
Tevina
Mangekyou Sharingan

I'm almost done with my amano Tifa, the pic is in my gallery but I'm still going to have to make a lot of changes here and there.
Unread 05-15-2004, 11:09 PM   #42
Fragmentor
Because I can't fly...

ive never come across any amano pictures of Aeris, can you post any???...i collect his art..

i personally prefer amano designs as costumes to the polygon versions, and im planning on amano Terra, and Yuna I think long hair works real weel on Yunie . Both will be a bit hybridized, like a mix of his art and a little of the CG art.
Im hoping to get my sis to do amano Tifa ( she has knee length hair) and i think it would better than the polygon version...but thats just a peronal taste.

another random question. is it just me or do amano version cost HELL more than polygon versions??? Im trying to find a pair of shoes that will work for terra and the cheapest is $60 and they are really accurate and the pair that would be "perfect" are $120.....gah, Terra is going to be finished in a decade at this rate...

More people should cosplay the amano versions, theyre so cool!!!
Unread 05-15-2004, 11:20 PM   #43
Duncan
Living Puppet

My costumes eat into my wallet. I makes me cry, because my wallet is a very sensitive area.

Oh yes, and Amano Aeris:
http://www.naimoka.com/image.php3?im...mano/ff7/2.jpg
http://www.naimoka.com/image.php3?im...mano/ff7/7.jpg
http://www.naimoka.com/image.php3?im...mano/ff7/5.jpg
Unread 05-15-2004, 11:28 PM   #44
Fragmentor
Because I can't fly...

OMG thanx...

yes i cant afford terra at the moment *cries* i love her character to death...i think shes gonna be a long term costume project...i am forever seeing peices of jewelry and silk scarves and thinking, that would be 'perfect' for Terra...*sigh*

Duncan, your Locke costume is *brilliant* i saw pictures a while ago and was like OMG that is so perfect!!!!

OOOooo, *puts amano aeris on list of to-do cosplay* looking athis art, silk look like a good choice for her dress, id do the same...

Last edited by Fragmentor : 05-15-2004 at 11:48 PM.
Fragmentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2004, 02:27 AM   #45
Xanthe Kelsylva
Psycho Psychic

Actually, it is possible to do Amano cosplays cheaply... if you have a house that's just full of junk lol. My Celes costume didn't cost me anything because I had everything around the house. Seriously, I had the fabric, glass beads, bias tape, a gold belt, leotard, the right boots, everything.

Not sure when I'll start that Aeris costume, since I'm working on 2 Civil War dresses right now. I'm definitely looking forward to making that one though.
Xanthe Kelsylva is offline   Reply With Quote