Marik Ishtar- Yu-Gi-Oh
Kira-The Dark Crystal
Link- Legend Of Zelda
APH Greece- Hetalia
xHonkX is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-19-2013, 05:28 PM   #47
marylandcosplay
Homestuck Cosplayer

cool, it will be posted by Friday(i have a busy schedule)
marylandcosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 04:33 PM   #48
xHonkX

sweet, I have a question with cosplay does anyone have any idea or tutorial to make mitunas outfit???
Dirk Strider- Homestuck
Marik Ishtar- Yu-Gi-Oh
Kira-The Dark Crystal
Link- Legend Of Zelda
APH Greece- Hetalia
Unread 06-22-2013, 01:24 AM   #49
Haruharumi
thepurplecyanide

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHonkX View Post
Im going as gamzee on friday karkat on saterday and dave sunday ;-;
im not sure if i should do god teir gamzee since i keep squezzing the cod piece
Yay! Another Karkat! I really hope I see you so we can be friends! =^_^=
Unread 06-22-2013, 10:20 AM   #50
marylandcosplay
Homestuck Cosplayer

Quote:
sweet, I have a question with cosplay does anyone have any idea or tutorial to make mitunas outfit???
here are some helmet tips:
- for the red/blue tint, you can use http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-x-24-Red-...8d0042&vxp=mtr or products like this

- http://imgur.com/rklWW , for the helmet itself, you can use foam for the beveled effect, and bor the unique semi-circle things on the left and right side of the helmet you may find these at a craftstore (i would recommend you to buy it at a craft store) http://www.ebay.com/itm/50-Polystyre...em4ac56d 3877 or you can use model magic clay for this

-for the horns you can just mold some out of clay and hot glue them onto the helmet

- for the helmet itself, use a vintage helmet (because it covers ears better (exactly like mituna, where those semi circles stick out) http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-70s-... 907c8&vxp=mtr (example of the helmet), you can sad the helmet because of the metal clasps on it and then spray paint the whole helmet yellow

- for adding the red/blue tint on, you might be able to hot glue the sides to the top of the helmet

Mitunas outfit

- get tight black pants

- for the boots you can get rain boots that are yellow, and add a piece of black tape to each boot https://www.google.com/search?q=mitu...50%3B655%3B882 like this image

- for gloves, you could get yellow ones and add black tape to each glove as well (in the same image) https://www.google.com/search?q=mitu...50%3B655%3B882

- for the shirt, get a skin tight black one, and sew on (or iron on the fabric in the pattern that mituna has it in ((its really hard for me to answer about the shirt because i suck at sewing...))

Well, i hope I helped ~ Good luck!
Unread 06-23-2013, 11:57 AM   #51
xHonkX

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandcosplay View Post
here are some helmet tips:
- for the red/blue tint, you can use http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-x-24-Red-...8d0042&vxp=mtr or products like this

- http://imgur.com/rklWW , for the helmet itself, you can use foam for the beveled effect, and bor the unique semi-circle things on the left and right side of the helmet you may find these at a craftstore (i would recommend you to buy it at a craft store) http://www.ebay.com/itm/50-Polystyre...em4ac56d 3877 or you can use model magic clay for this

-for the horns you can just mold some out of clay and hot glue them onto the helmet

- for the helmet itself, use a vintage helmet (because it covers ears better (exactly like mituna, where those semi circles stick out) http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-70s-... 907c8&vxp=mtr (example of the helmet), you can sad the helmet because of the metal clasps on it and then spray paint the whole helmet yellow

- for adding the red/blue tint on, you might be able to hot glue the sides to the top of the helmet

Mitunas outfit

- get tight black pants

- for the boots you can get rain boots that are yellow, and add a piece of black tape to each boot https://www.google.com/search?q=mitu...50%3B655%3B882 like this image

- for gloves, you could get yellow ones and add black tape to each glove as well (in the same image) https://www.google.com/search?q=mitu...50%3B655%3B882

- for the shirt, get a skin tight black one, and sew on (or iron on the fabric in the pattern that mituna has it in ((its really hard for me to answer about the shirt because i suck at sewing...))

Well, i hope I helped ~ Good luck!
7H4NKKKK Y0UUU
Dirk Strider- Homestuck
Marik Ishtar- Yu-Gi-Oh
Kira-The Dark Crystal
Link- Legend Of Zelda
APH Greece- Hetalia
Unread 06-23-2013, 05:35 PM   #52
marylandcosplay
Homestuck Cosplayer

Quote:
7H4NKKKK Y0UUU
no problem
Unread 06-23-2013, 10:43 PM   #53
marylandcosplay
Homestuck Cosplayer

http://homestuckcosplaymeetup.tumblr.com/
Unread 06-29-2013, 02:33 PM   #54
marylandcosplay
Homestuck Cosplayer

Capacity count- holding 5 more spots on this website (forum), on my official otakon homestuck cosplay meetup page on tumblr there are 10 more spots
Unread 08-04-2013, 12:01 AM   #55
marylandcosplay
Homestuck Cosplayer

copied and pasted from my event on tumblr

Friday: Erza Scarlet (version: Heavens Wheel Armor, from: Fairy Tail); Lala (from To Love Ru)
Saturday: Erza Scarlet (version: Heavens Wheel Armor, from: Fairy Tail); Lala (from To Love Ru)
Sunday: Erza Scarlet (version: Heavens Wheel Armor)
~~~~~~~
Unread 08-04-2013, 12:01 AM   #56
marylandcosplay
Homestuck Cosplayer

““Update on event:
SPOTS ARE ALMOST FULL (2 MORE!!) -i actually added the 2 more spots because more people have guests (which is great!! xD)

1. jakes-booty-shorts (maybe)
2. Darth Havok (forum)
3. Tamera (forum)
4. Alex (forum)
5. Oatley (forum)
6. Luna (forum)
7. InsaneS (forum)
8. Haru (forum)
9. xhonk (tumblr and forum)
10. Meilin II (forum)
11. Destnai (forum)
12. Friend of Destnai
13. Jade Harley cosplayer (tumblr, messaged privately)
14. Delaney R. Page (facebook)
15. Melissa Logan Schoenle (facebook)
16. Meenah cosplay (facebook)
17. Kurloz cosplay (facebook)
18. total fiasco (tumblr)
19. pockytockycosplay
20. goodygoodytwochainz
21. danya al-rahim (facebook)
22. themustachedave
23.(private spot)
24.(private spot)
25. mrs-prime
26. 27teacups
27. Jdubin078
28. kuwataaaaah
29. suchlost flame
30. saved for suchlostflame
31. saved for suchlostflame
32.saved for suchlostflame
33. (fb ) private spot
34. (fb ) private spot
35. friend of jakes-booty-shorts
36. friend of jakes-booty-shorts
37. friend of jakes-booty-shorts
38. kbm (facebook)

some people are from my facebook event, and my cosplay.com forum so I don’t have some tumblrs, if you bring a friend please tell me!! I want them to come, and this is a capacity count (there aren’t many spaces left!) so we can do many fun activities (lunch, walk around otakon, rp games, maybe even go in the game room in otakon , this event is created for fun"””

Friday: Erza Scarlet (version: Heavens Wheel Armor, from: Fairy Tail); Lala (from To Love Ru)
Saturday: Erza Scarlet (version: Heavens Wheel Armor, from: Fairy Tail); Lala (from To Love Ru)
~~~~~~~
Unread 08-04-2013, 12:02 AM   #57
marylandcosplay
Homestuck Cosplayer

Also please message me if you have any food allergies, I don’t want anything bad to happen!

~~~~~~~
Unread 08-04-2013, 12:04 AM   #58
marylandcosplay
Homestuck Cosplayer

“THIS MEET IS SET AT A DATE: August 9, 2013 (Friday) at 12:00- 1:30
I HOPE EVERYONE HAS AN AWESOME TIME!!! I will be posting games, snacking, etc. that will happen at this meet!
Also, I would love if someone can be an assistant for this event! Please message me if you would like to volunteer ( and if more than 1 person volunteers, the first person who messages me will be my assistant and help me out with this event)”

~~~~~~~
Unread 08-04-2013, 12:05 AM   #59
marylandcosplay
Homestuck Cosplayer

It would be great if more people could bring snacks and foods (example: chips, faygo, tab, other drinks, brownies, cookies, fruits )

I will be bringing about 2 big bottles of soda, water, plates, cups, 2 bags of chips, cookies, and maybe some homemade brownies :3

and another member will be bringing apples!!

i still need more people to bring in some stuff because there are lots of people coming!! please?! :3

~~~~~~~
Unread 08-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #60
Raiji Magiwind
The Overload Alchemist

Well I know there are a lot of things going on among the Homestuck's since I know I'm pretty much gonna be busy from like 4-10pm with all HS related stuff...

I'm game for coming to to the meet on Friday, if the masses don't mind a 'sage old fart' (yesh, I am an ol' otaku) who can tell many interesting con stories, or even share tips on makeup and stuff.

Can't really offer a whole lot in food unless I happen to find a cheap party store or drug store nearby, as I am coming in by bus from out of state.

You'll see me as Karkat most of the weekend...I'll be the one with the Duct Tape, a handmade crab plush, and maybe even a cheap little bucket, just for the irony and cheap humor...(of course could come in handy for anyone who wants a shot of KK on the floor looking like he got beaned by the bucket..XD)

I'll be at all the shoots or as much as I can (Sunday's is a maybe, or might be sans paint at least). I'll be at the Saturday post meet picnic thing, the Poistuck Music Video, probably the PJ party and the draw party (if one, as I have heard bits and pieces on that one)....

The Cosplay File for 2012
All subject to change... (and also more then I can list...@_@) Red= In Progress
Planned Cosplay's/Projects: Zol Balfaltin "The Grim Reaper" [Immortal Rain], Philemon [Persona], Adam/1st Disciple [DGM- Earl Human Form], Nea Walker [DGM], TARDIS [Doctor Who- "Special Project"], Vocaloid Edward Elric [FMA- "Special Project"], Nekozawa [Ouran- "Princely Ver."]
Raiji Magiwind is offline   Reply With Quote