Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Cosplay Tutorials

Unread 04-04-2013, 08:32 PM   #1
Sergeant Waddle

Okay how do I do anything

So I'm working on this version of Spider-Man:

And I'm pretty new to cosplay, so I was wondering what the best way to go about making the suit was? Especially in reference to the stripes/pattern on the body and the eyes? I'd like to be accurate to canon and make the eyes reflective, but like I said I'm not too knowledgeable about this stuff yet, so any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thank you!

EDIT: I should also mention that I am only able to do very basic sewing, so I wouldn't be able to completely hand-sew the suit. I was thinking of modifying a bodysuit and morphmask, so keep this in mind when giving advice.

Last edited by Sergeant Waddle : 04-05-2013 at 06:11 PM.
Sergeant Waddle is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-07-2013, 01:49 PM   #2
mwattsart
MWattsArt

I'm new to cosplay as well. I have found that altering a morphsuit is fairly easy. I also used existing Spider-Man boots covers and sewed them to a pair of running shoes for my Spider-Man costume.
mwattsart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 11:23 PM   #3
OmgzKatya

You can probably go the really half-ass way and get a white morphsuit and paint on the patterns. xD Otherwise get a white morphsuit and either um, use that heat transfer stuff ( i have no idea how it works but i could assume it would be possible) or just get black fabric and cut it into the patterns and sew. Basic sewing should be suffice for a decent finish. Otherwise maybe try and find someone in your circle of friends/family that can do it for you?
OmgzKatya is offline   Reply With Quote