Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Props/Accessories/Armor

Unread 04-04-2013, 09:38 PM   #1
Sailor Unicorn

Laputa Robot: Any Ideas?

Hi you guys! My names Becca and I'm new to Cosplay.com. So glad to be here!

Lately I've been wanting to do a Laputa robot cosplay to go with my Sheeta cosplay from Castle in the Sky.

What I would really like some advice on before I get started is what you all think the best building materials would, how I should go about making models, and what would be good for creating the basic structure, head, etc. I would like to be able for a person to be able walk while in the costume, as well as for the basic arms to be moved from the inside (and posed from the outside).

I'm completely new to building, but I've got a few friends and family who are much more experienced than I am and are willing to help with this. My goal is to keep the budget between $100-$200. (I do understand if that's not feasible, just a starting off budget really) I'd like to have this ready by next year's MTAC, which just ended last weekend.

I've included some reference photos, including the art work from the show, a model at the Studio Ghibli Museum, and a few other cosplays I found online.

I honestly have no real idea whatsoever for how I should start, so any advice, suggestions, or help you all could give me would be absolutely amazing. I know there's a lot of talented people here.

Thanks again!

Sailor Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote