Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 04-06-2013, 10:42 PM   #1
xshinox
Jokaa!

What am I suppose to eat at work?

I resume work again this Monday at a baseball stadium. The only "free" food they give out to concession workers are hotdogs, nachos, and pretzels. Soda is free too. Everything else you have to buy.

So during my break, what am I suppose to eat? Those foods I listed are pretty bad for the body and I think I gained weight from eating them last year...
I'm not sure if I can bring my own food. They do have vegan stuff but you know, it costs money and ballpark prices are outrageous for food.
xshinox is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-07-2013, 12:02 AM   #2
Arbite
Shut up and move!

Ask if you can bring your own food. Make a sandwich or a salad.
Arbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 12:09 AM   #3
xshinox
Jokaa!

I guess I'll ask. Think some fruits like bananas, sliced apples, etc. could substitute for break time meal?
xshinox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 08:27 AM   #4
ChicoChan
Pimp Named Slickback

I can't imagine a job forbidding you form bringing your own lunch and snacks from home. That seems illegal. You can bring some trail mix or nuts to snack on (make sure it's the kind of trail mix that doesn't come with M&Ms or chocolate in it, those have lots of added sugar). Sliced and dried fruit is also really good for you! I like Banana chips when I start to get hungry midday (I snack A LOT). Sliced apples and raisins are also really tasty and good for energy. Try to drink lots of bottled water and unsweetened drinks like Tea or natural juices (Juice COCKTAILS have lots of added sugar in them)

But yeah definitely avoid the Nachos, pretzels, and ESPECIALLY soda! All that salt and sugar will just hurt your body and make you feel lethargic and tired.

DON'T PANIC.

Queen Riot! on FacebookDeviantArtCureACParadiseTumblr
ChicoChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 09:08 PM   #5
chupachan

Banana chips are awesome and surprisingly satisfying/filling, since most have coconut oil added to them. They are fabulously rich in nutrients, including healthy fats. Bananas or apple slices with peanut butter make a great snack/light meal and don't need to be refrigerated.
chupachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2013, 04:19 AM   #6
KitchenWench

Tupperware some veggies, fruits, hummus, homemade pico de gallo, cashew cheese, and peanut butter.

Salads, Juice (fresh made at home), Smoothies, fruit salads, homemade trail mix, veggie wraps, vegetable sushi... ect
KitchenWench is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 01:46 PM   #7
boshuda

These are all good suggestions. If you must eat the park food for one reason or another you can probably get water from the sodapopcoke dispenser. Try eating a hot dog without the bun. Not because I'm anti-carb, but because the bread is the calorie bomb. And skip everything else.
boshuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 02:30 AM   #8
Kelley
Devil of Details

There probably isn't anything wrong with eating the park food so long as you do so in moderation, I'd only worry about it if you're trying to adhere to a strict intake diet for body-building/shaping purposes.

If anything, it's good to learn to eat in moderation instead of relying on the food to be "healthy" in and of itself. You won't be there all day for every meal so you have plenty of time to take care of the rest of normal dietary needs.

Actually in the pipes:
- Remaking Ser Loras doublet.
- Luke Skywalker, A New Hope
- Wind Waker starter costume in swim material
Eventually: Paul from Dune, Faramir, Harry Sullivan
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 08:23 AM   #9
Boreotheria

Unless you have a specific health problem, I agree with Kelley in that just eating the food isn't going to ruin your fitness plans. In my experience, exercise + imperfect eating habits is a better equation for fat loss than a perfect healthy diet + not enough exercise.

Wear good comfy shoes at work so that you aren't in pain and worn out by the end of the day, and then go do whatever exercise you like.
Boreotheria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 03:39 AM   #10
Peach93cc

grilled chicken is good, and fish (not too many spices though, just the meat)
Water... A LOT OF IT! carrot sticks, salad
maybe special K bars in case you are tempted by something sweet
Peach93cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 07:57 AM   #11
Boreotheria

Spices are not bad for you. :P Herbs and spices are a healthy way to dress up food without a lot of dressings or sauces (which are where a lot of calories and salt come from). Just be careful packing fish and chicken if you don't have a way to refrigerate it.
Boreotheria is offline   Reply With Quote