Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Unread 04-07-2013, 10:14 AM   #1
monster_tree
Kyo
 
monster_tree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 87
Trying Insanity

So for the next 60 days I'll be trying Insanity and I will post my progress to keep me motivated and stuff. Lately I have been having trouble loosing weight since I started taking birth control and its been a bit more than a year if anything it makes it hard too loose weight but easier for me to gain when I'm on it. Im not usually active because well being a gamer and artist I spent a lot of time on my butt. Hopefully this can help me get back in shape. Any advice? If anything Ill try to eat healthier as I do Insanity so ill post my daily routine for when and what I eat and when I do insanity. Wish me luck!
__________________
Cons I'm Attending:
Anime Los Angeles(2013)
NinjaCon(2013)
AnimegaCon(2013) (maybe)
Anime Expo(2013)
AM2(2013)
Comikaze(2013)
PMX(2013)
Cosplay:
Gaige - Borderlands 2
Mikasa - Shingeki No Kyojin
Kuroh - Project K
Magi- Morgiana


monster_tree is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 04-08-2013, 09:53 AM   #2
SaphhireDreams
Where's my f@*king tea?
 
SaphhireDreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 174
You and me both hun! Im slowly easing my way into the Insanity workout too. I just had child number two 8weeks ago and never really exercised prior to either pregnancy. So far I cant even make it past the warm up/fitness test XD but I also walk alot and use my Kinect for Zumba and Just Dance just to try to do a little bit of everything.

Good luck to you dear!
SaphhireDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 06:57 PM   #3
xcvi
xcvi
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 147
I guess I'm already fairly small but I'm about to order insanity as well.. just to get more in shape because you can always do better right? I think one of the main things it will be good for is motivation to keep going! The host guy really seems to be able to make you want to do it lol. Good luck!!
xcvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 07:16 PM   #4
improvised
Registered User
 
improvised's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 195
Just watch your knees! A friend of mine wrecked her knees trying this, and couldn't run for the better part of a year. Good luck, though, overall I have heard good things about the program.
improvised is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2013, 06:05 AM   #5
SaphhireDreams
Where's my f@*king tea?
 
SaphhireDreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by improvised View Post
Just watch your knees! A friend of mine wrecked her knees trying this, and couldn't run for the better part of a year. Good luck, though, overall I have heard good things about the program.
That's good to know. I dont run, but still something to keep in mind. I guess that's why they tell you to stop if you need to
SaphhireDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2013, 10:48 AM   #6
chupachan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 102
A couple of us have an Insanity thread going if you'd like to check it out (:
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=301136
If you have any questions or are looking for support, I'd be glad to help out, and I'm sure Drazhar would be a good person to ask as well.
chupachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2013, 11:27 PM   #7
monster_tree
Kyo
 
monster_tree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 87
Thank you everyone!!! I'm taking weekly progress pictures so hopefully I can show you how my progress is going and maybe motivate some you guys as you have given me so much support!!! : )
__________________
Cons I'm Attending:
Anime Los Angeles(2013)
NinjaCon(2013)
AnimegaCon(2013) (maybe)
Anime Expo(2013)
AM2(2013)
Comikaze(2013)
PMX(2013)
Cosplay:
Gaige - Borderlands 2
Mikasa - Shingeki No Kyojin
Kuroh - Project K
Magi- Morgiana


monster_tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 09:17 AM   #8
xcvi
xcvi
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by improvised View Post
Just watch your knees! A friend of mine wrecked her knees trying this, and couldn't run for the better part of a year. Good luck, though, overall I have heard good things about the program.
How exactly did she ruin her knees! Did she not stretch? Or did she just keep going even though it was starting to hurt? I want to get in shape but I don't want to ruin my knees because I also go running! How can I avoid this! D:
xcvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 12:49 AM   #9
Yo-Yo
I Love Lamp
 
Yo-Yo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 956
The harder you push, the faster the results. Trust me, I got to supermodel status by completing the program. &By completing I mean I was finished two weeks in or else I would've been deathly skinny, and I didn't start that way. Just remember your limits and substitute some workouts for others. Going slow but taking less breaks optimizes results.

Good luck, gerl, you gon need it!
__________________
B) Aw yea.
Yo-Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 11:05 PM   #10
xDo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2
I'm also a gamer so it took me awhile to actually begin this whole process, but i figured that I am spending a lot of time doing nothing while I could have been working out. However, I got myself to start insanity two days ago! My whole body has been sore since day 1. I've also been recording my meals religiously on MyFitnessPal. After my workouts I would have a protein shake and I keep up with my multis so my body gets all the nutrients it needs. I'll be looking forward to your results! Keep it up!
xDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2013, 09:35 PM   #11
improvised
Registered User
 
improvised's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcvi View Post
How exactly did she ruin her knees! Did she not stretch? Or did she just keep going even though it was starting to hurt? I want to get in shape but I don't want to ruin my knees because I also go running! How can I avoid this! D:
Let me ask her, I never got the details.
improvised is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 12:54 AM   #12
Drazhar
Registered User
 
Drazhar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 383
Get a mat, save your knees.
You're welcome.
Drazhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 09:42 AM   #13
improvised
Registered User
 
improvised's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drazhar View Post
Get a mat, save your knees.
You're welcome.
Nice assumption.
improvised is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 10:33 AM   #14
Arbite
Shut up and move!
 
Arbite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by improvised View Post
Nice assumption.
To be fair, odds are that she aggravated a previous injury or did something very wrong to wreck her knee the way you say she did. Nothing that can't be avoided with a bit of forethought.
Arbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 03:38 PM   #15
Drazhar
Registered User
 
Drazhar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by improvised View Post
Nice assumption.
Assumption nothing, I'm going based on experience. Mats reduce a LOT of the load.

Nice comment though.

Also, not aimed at you or your friend, more a suggestion for the TC.
Drazhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:37 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.