Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Cosplay Tutorials

Unread 04-07-2013, 01:11 PM   #1
Crystori

Question Body double tutorial - help me find it!

Ok about.... I want to say a year ago I found a tutorial for making something like an entire body dummy double (from head to toe) for working on armor and stuff. (I think it was jointed and could stand on it's own too) now for the life of me I cannot find this tutorial and I was kinda planning to try and make one (I've got a suit of armor that I want to make/work on but I need a body double and my duct tape dummies never work out.)

Does anyone know where this tutorial is? It doesn't help that I suffered a recent computer meltdown and lost all my tutorial links (major boo.) I seriously will love you forever if you know where this tutorial is because I have been searching for days and totally can't find it. I swear that I got linked to it from a helmet making or armor making tutorial which was also really good but I can't seem to find THOSE either. (I'm trying to look into other methods of armor making because the foamie tut that I have been working off for years just isn't holding for some of these projects now.)

If anyone can save my bacon I will be SO friggin happy!
Crystori is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-07-2013, 10:49 PM   #2
animenerd93
Neko Neko Chi CHi

i havent heard of jointed ones... but if you are willing to spend the money id look at the plaster tutorial.
http://www.cosplaytutorial.com/list.php#eedressform
check this out too. sometimes the site has great info
Fem!Austrian War Succesion France (Hetalia/Nyotalia)- 10% done
Fem!Izaya (Drrr!)- 90% done
Magent!Teto (Vocaloid)- 95% done
animenerd93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 11:57 PM   #3
Crystori

Hmmmm no that's not what I'm looking for. I can make a dressform or whatever for the chest. there are tutorials around for that everywhere. let me think.... I remember that he used expanding foam and wood for certain parts of the tutorial. I'm looking for this one specifically because it had some great suggestions and I want to do a full body one for hands, head, chest, legs, yadda yadda. Thank you though. I did look over the cosplay tutorial list though but none of those were it. *shakes head* I am sure I had it on the other computer but the stupid thing went up in a puff of smoke a week or two ago and I haven't had the time to crack the case and figure out what I need to repair. I just can't remember what he used... if it was clear tape or... blah. It was a year ago and I tucked it away with a "when I start my project I'm so using this" so I didn't go over it in detail. It's driving me crazy that I can't find it.
Crystori is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2013, 12:20 AM   #4
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

I did find this tutorial for legs, which in turn could be used for arms. Might tide you over until you find the other one...
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote