Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > AnimeNEXT

Unread 05-25-2013, 10:31 PM   #16
DigitalHopper
Is a weirdo

Alright secret cosplay fell through because there's no way I can afford a Tai wig right now.

SO TAKUYA WILL RETURN~ Either his normal outfit or maybe a soccer theme'd one~~ REALLY EXCITED YOU GUYS!!!

I'll also be bringing water like last year and trash bags so there's no excuse for people not to throw things out! And I won't have to rush off to the airport once the games done so I can help pick up anything.

We got captains yet?

Unread 05-25-2013, 11:04 PM   #17
Kaze Saffire
...Rose.

I'm going to hope captainS was a mistype, Captain Takuya.

Katsucon 20:

Thursday: Hamtaro
Friday - Default Alibaba Salujah
Fog Troupe Alibaba Salujah

Facebook meh XD http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...00003760496949
Kaze Saffire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 09:31 PM   #18
DigitalHopper
Is a weirdo

Pffft well I didn't know if anyone else wanted to take the lead as captain this year? XD;;;
Unread 05-26-2013, 10:34 PM   #19
ShinigamiKaitou
Manic Mazoku

Takuya you will always be our captain...but if you don't want to be I could help
Inazuma Eleven: Kazemaru, possibly Katora if I finish her
Sailor Moon: Naru Osaka/Molly/Princess Venus
Symphogear: Amou Kanade (hopefully...)
Hunter X HunterL Illumi Zoaldyk
ShinigamiKaitou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2013, 01:01 PM   #20
DigitalHopper
Is a weirdo

I like being the captain~ It's just one of those things I didn't want to assume though in case someone else wanted to take a shot at it XD
Unread 05-27-2013, 08:53 PM   #21
Kaze Saffire
...Rose.

For the past two years I've been playing, I don't think I've seen anybody jump into the thread here or on an and been like OH HEY GAIZ DIGIMANZ TEAM CAPTAIN RIGHT HERE XD

Katsucon 20:

Unread 05-27-2013, 11:15 PM   #22
Hina
Feelin' the Aster

Takuya (I don't care who you show up as, you'll always be Takuya) usually gets first dibs on the Captain role since...you know...this was YOUR event to start. I just sort of accidently hijacked it for the next four years and hoped nobody would notice.

(I COULD BE WRONG, BUT SO FAR, I THINK IT'S WORKING)

If roles aren't firmly established by the start of the game, we'll just do what we did last year and have each team to pick somebody.

I'm also keeping a firm eye on the weather reports, just in case. We've been lucky so far, so I'm hoping all that rain I had to deal with at AB will be compensated for a nicely-weathered AN this year.
+Black Canary || Justice League Unlimited/Young Justice
+Zatanna Zatara || Young Justice
+Serenity Wheeler || YGO
+Nico Robin (time jump) || One Piece
Hina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 01:25 AM   #23
redshadows
Yes we (Kangas)Khan!

A friend of mine and myself are going to be going as Lt. Surge and Elekid.
I've gone to AnimeNEXT every year since this game began, but I could never make it on Sunday for one reason or another.
This time I definitely plan on playing

NYCC/NYAF
AnimeNext

Cosplays
Captain Olimar
Pikmin/Pikmin 2/Pikmin 3/Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
Elekid Pokemon
redshadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2013, 07:50 PM   #24
DigitalHopper
Is a weirdo

Shhhh I just wanted to make sure no one else wanted to be captain XD;; I'll be happy to lead the team again and hopefully retie with Pokemon!!

ALSO KARI YOU MADE THIS EVEN TEN TIMES BETTER AND MORE ORGANIZED ;; do we remember the free-for-all the first year?

... Oh wait, wow, holy crap is this the fifth year we've been doin' this?

And I have a stop watch on my phone, so we can use that to help keep track of quarters.

Woooo!! Lt Surge, awesome! I'm really excited you guys!!!
Unread 05-31-2013, 09:53 PM   #25
Kaze Saffire
...Rose.

Hopefully? We got this! If there's one thing I noticed last year, it's that we seemed to have found us a couple of ringers, both on offense and defense. Let's hope they all return. We played a heckuva game last year, and I imagine we'll be 10x more awesome this year!

Katsucon 20:

Unread 06-02-2013, 02:30 PM   #26
firewolf

Guys! So, you all are probably experiencing this god-awful heat on the East Coast like I am, but good news! The heat wave is ending soon and it's going to be cooler this weekend for the con!!

low-mid 70's for most of the weekend. Sunday looks like it's going to be about 80, but no chance of rain (as with the other days)

I will say that this is the FIRST TIME I've been to ANext and it not be 90+ degrees, so I'm hoping the weather holds out! It'll be nice to play without fear of everyone passing out, hahah ^__^

Conventions I usually attend:
Katsucon, AnimeNext, Otakon, NYCC, maybe AUSA
firewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 08:01 PM   #27
rperg

That was a blast! Had an awesome time and met some great people, even though I'm terrible at soccer. It helps when you have an actual soccer player on your team, though. :P

With all the Ashes walking around, I didn't think I'd be the only one representing our team. >_>

Facebook meh!
rperg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 11:04 PM   #28
Kaze Saffire
...Rose.

Akin to last year, the first goal took FOREVER to be scored. Signs of a very well played game.

To Team Pokemon. Elekid, it was awesome playing defense against you briefly. Sorry for talking crap >_> But if there's one thing I take pride in in any sport that involves it, it's defense. You were taking some mean shots at me when I was goalie too. I'll make you pay for that next year! And Chikorita, your grace and elegance was destroying me. Don't think I didn't hear you mention how I leave a huge chunk of the goal open though. I got your number! But seriously. It was a pleasure defending against you. As much as it kills me to say so ( for the sake of having to play like 9001 times harder <_< ) hope to see you again next year.

To the Digimon team, I'm sorry for letting those goals go by me. I can't put blame on anyone because that's not how you play on a team. If anything, as a goalie, I've gotta be ready for anything. I really had an awesome time being on defense briefly. I'd have liked to played it a bit longer, but Patamon was a goalie for 4 quarters in 2011 so I owed him for that. Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed the HELL out of being goalie ( had no voice to sing songs on my drive home. But totally worth it ) Sorry if I was being a bit too pushy/bossy/commandy. Being goalie put me in this weird zone. But if you'll all have me and we have a lack of goalies once again, I'm totally down for that. I'd like to thank the Ken and Tai who totally saved my two blunders with rally/game tying goals. And to the amazing Soccer Ken on defense with epic stops. We have ourselves a squad! Now if only we can get that Koji ( who will hopefully return as well ) to kick lower XD

Til next year!

Katsucon 20:

Unread 06-11-2013, 06:32 AM   #29
chrono4281
Chrno

Pokemon team next year I'll gladly be your keeper. I do play Goalie anyway so we should be good. Well I'll play anywhere you all want me to but I rather play somehting I like. I should most likely be human Sandslash
chrono4281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 07:40 AM   #30
rperg

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrono4281 View Post
Pokemon team next year I'll gladly be your keeper. I do play Goalie anyway so we should be good. Well I'll play anywhere you all want me to but I rather play somehting I like. I should most likely be human Sandslash
The pattern continues! I heard someone say that the Pokemon team always gets at least one player who actually plays soccer. But, you're going to have some competition as far as keeper goes. James from Team Rocket was being a beast.

Facebook meh!
rperg is offline   Reply With Quote