Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 04-03-2013, 12:20 PM   #1
meb9000

Erza Scarlet Crossplay pics from Sakura Con 2013

Hey guys, long-time lurker, first time poster here at cosplay.com, and I wanted to post some pics from the recent Sakura con. It was my first ever Con and first time cosplaying, so I was especially nervous to attempt crossplay as well!

I love the Fairy Tail series, and Erza kicks some serious butt on a regular basis in that series, so I felt it an easy transition to crossplay as her. Here are my pics!

https://picasaweb.google.com/1054914...48581755942962

https://picasaweb.google.com/1054914...48591789312818

https://picasaweb.google.com/1054914...48602811298866

https://picasaweb.google.com/1054914...48612254914578

I bought a Link master sword in the dealer hall the day before the crossplay so that I would have a wing-tipped sword somewhat similar to Erza's, and it worked pretty well.

Any comments would be awesome.
meb9000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-06-2013, 11:51 PM   #2
shonen_jidai
Ganbatte minasai!

Woo hoo! Welcome to the world of cosplay! I think your Erza is a pretty good first cosplay, and I'll bet you had a lot of fun with it!

I'd say you should add a waist cincher or corset to wear underneath and pad your hips a bit. This will give you a more feminine shape. And I'd go up a little on the breast size too. And you'll need makeup. Makeup is one of the hardest things for guys to get the hang of, so you'll definitely want to get some help getting started. Once you've got a set of colors that work with your skin tone, then practice, practice, practice!
parent's guide
shonen_jidai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2013, 06:52 PM   #3
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

I SAW YOU!! lol
Good crossplay though. I don't know the character or anything, but you looked pretty good. I like it.
Can't really give advice or anything, but I just thought I'd let you know what I thought of it.
Hope you had fun at con (I know I did) and have fun here too
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Alice (Hearts no Kuni no Alice)
-Black&Blue Loli-style Dark Magical Girl O.C.
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)

Dream cosplays for now:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2013, 02:31 AM   #4
meb9000

Thanks for the comments guys! I know I can definitely improve in some areas for the next time I crossplay. I actually had some real good artificial foam breast pieces I was planning to use, but the costume I commissioned for this cosplay didn't get the chest measurements right ><. I had measured myself with the breastforms/bra in place, but the designer made the chest area a few inches too narrow, so the forms were getting smashed and I could hardly breathe

For makeup I really just used some BB cream in order to hide some blemishes I had, since I was too uncertain with foundations and the like. I also used some clear lip polish. Admittedly I wish I had lost a few pounds before the con so that the padded undergarment /tummy controller I bought would've worked more...

Anyway, thanks so much for the comments, and I am avidly looking forward to Sakura Con 2014!
meb9000 is offline   Reply With Quote