Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > A-Kon

Unread 04-11-2013, 12:20 PM   #1
Zaramaru

Katekyo Hitman Reborn Cosplayers!

Is there any going this year? I know I was bringing my Kyoya Hibari cosplay this year.
Zaramaru is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-11-2013, 02:43 PM   #2
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

I might have either adult Reborn or TYL Gokudera (maybe just teenaged Gokudera depending on my cosplay workload) and a friend that should be going will have TYL Lambo. I also am making the gloves for someone that will be cosplaying Tsuna for A-kon, so there will probably be at least a few Reborn cosplayers there.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 10:56 PM   #3
Zaramaru

Awesome because I haven't seen anything all year about anyone else cosplaying from KHR. This is good news indeed.
Unread 04-12-2013, 12:33 AM   #4
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Yeah, you don't hear as much about Reborn cosplay as you do other series. But my friend is just some horns away from having Lambo complete (other than me making her a suit to wear with it some time). Her shirt was my birthday present to her this year. I loved making it. As for Gokudera, I already have a look for him in his casual teen clothes that I need to do a few things to make it more him (I'm not doing any specific look, more just clothes like he would wear), but I really want to do the TYL look with the suit and all. I love their TYL looks. I also need to get my suit done for Reborn (which one can work for multiple characters). I also have a small start on Dino. So one of them will be a cosplay for me for A-kon, I just don't know which one yet.
Unread 04-27-2013, 04:22 PM   #5
KittyTaisho
UKELICIOUS

Ah, a couple friends and I will be taking Reborn cosplay! We're also hosting a KHR panel this year, if anyone's interested!

Cosplay Lineup for A-Kon 25:
Thursday: Kuzuryuu (arrival-6pm), Equius (masquerade)
Friday: Aladdin (arrival-4pm), Robin Newman (4:30pm-7/8pm), Lucy (8pm-leave)
Saturday: Kuzuryuu (arrival-3/4pm), John Egbert (4pm-leave)
Sunday: Soul Evans (arrival-leave)

KittyTaisho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2013, 03:33 AM   #6
usagichii

I've been waiting since last year to hear about this photo shoot! My best friend an I are going to be the gender bend of Enma and Tsuna. Can't wait! Next qquestion: What day???
usagichii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 06:23 PM   #7
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Well, due to the timing of an internship, my friend that cosplays Lambo won't be at A-kon. I might still bring my casual clothes for Gokudera since I didn't have time to complete his suit for TYL Gokudera and Reborn is on hold as well.
Unread 05-24-2013, 09:57 AM   #8
Zaramaru

I don't think a photoshoot is even set for KHR. At least, I haven't found anything about one yet anyway.
Unread 05-24-2013, 05:27 PM   #9
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

I haven't seen anything. But who knows, there's a chance of running into others and at least getting some decent pictures together during the con. If I do wear my Gokudera costume, it will probably be later in the day one day so that I can just be casual and comfortable but still in cosplay (even though no one will probably recognize it since it's just clothes I think suit his look and isn't from anything in the series).
Unread 05-24-2013, 10:27 PM   #10
Zaramaru

I know I'm wearing my Hibari costume on Thursday when I go to get my pass and also on Friday.
Unread 05-25-2013, 02:25 AM   #11
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

I never have time to cosplay on Thursday! I travel eight hours to the con so I'm too tired and funky to cosplay then. I am always amazed when I see other people cosplaying on Thursday and think "wow, they had time to get ready and in a costume!"
Unread 05-25-2013, 02:52 AM   #12
Zaramaru

For me, it's a 4 hour drive and after I've worked about a month straight without a day off. I'm more than ready with time. Haha..also I plan everything several steps ahead much to the annoyance of my group.
Unread 05-25-2013, 01:34 PM   #13
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

I've never been much of a planner, so that could be one of my problems^^ But if I see you Thursday I will make sure to say hi. I will keep an eye out for Hibari.
Unread 05-25-2013, 09:53 PM   #14
Asmaria
The Ruby Knight Julius

Hey! I've got some Reborn costumes too! I was thinking of bringing Gokudera, but if there's no Kyoko yet, I'll dig that out instead!
Asmaria is offline   Reply With Quote