Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Unread 04-14-2013, 01:56 AM   #1
stetabebe
Stetabebe

Tears to tiara

I am cosplaying as a character from tears to tiara named Morgan (http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/315034) but so far it looks like i have to make the costume myself does anyone have any tips, sewing patterns, etc that could help?
stetabebe is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-14-2013, 05:22 PM   #2
Boreotheria
n00b

For the bra/top you could make or buy a bandeau, or even a sports bra if it doesn't look too much like a bra. It depends on whether you need the support of straps. For what it's worth a bandeau is something you can get cheap in a lot of mainstream fashion stores these days.

For the skirt, it's... basically a loincloth. Actually, it looks like two loincloths. For the red one, get a string bikini and sew a rectangle of fabric to it so that it hangs in front. For the white one, get two bigger rectangles and connect them at the corners so that one hangs in front and the other behind. And figure out some way to keep it all from falling off.

For the jacket, look at patterns for something called a bolero. It's basically a ribcage- or bust-length jacket that doesn't close in the front and has sleeves. Find one with a straight bottom edge and puffed sleeves and you're good to go.
Boreotheria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 05:23 PM   #3
Boreotheria
n00b

Also, I think those are cloth roses on the collar of the bolero, and those are easy to make:

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Silk,-Satin-or-Ribbon-Roses
Boreotheria is offline   Reply With Quote