Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-08-2014, 11:18 AM   #1
LluviaSarcasm
Tall, Dark and Bishoujo

Smile Haikyuu!!

So, since the anime for Haikyuu!! just started, I figured it was time to have a thread for this adorable sports series.

Any manga readers here? Planning a cosplay?
Discuss it here!

I, myself, have been wanting to cosplay Tooru Oikawa for a while. And now that the anime is out and the fandom growing, it's time to do it.
In progress:
| Uta - 85%|
| Final Haikyuu Qest!Tooru Oikawa - 80%|
| Seishuu Handa - 50%|
~ ♥ ~
| Tumblr | deviantART | WorldCosplay | Cure |
LluviaSarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-09-2014, 06:04 PM   #2
Mukkun

ahhh another great sports animanga !! I've read it three times so far and hhh i just love it a lot !!

I really want to cosplay from it, but i dont know who!! (well I may be doing Lev for fun, like probably a little closet cosplay or something since he's my favorite but I really don't look like him at all haha I look better cosplaying dark haired guys but) but I think I would like to do one of the karasuno but even there I'm not sure i just arghhhh it's too hard to choose ;-;

But yeah I'm looking forward to see cosplayers from hq ! I saw a Hinata cosplayer at a con this weekend and they were perfect, I definitely want to see more cosplays from Haikyuu!!

Also I love Tooru, I love your cosplays, so I can't wait to see you being him !!
Mukkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2014, 07:04 PM   #3
LluviaSarcasm
Tall, Dark and Bishoujo

Wooo, someone answered, yay! =D

Lev is super cute, I'd like to see him done. :3
But I understand the not fitting concerns. If I was like a foot shorter I'd cosplay Noya for example. ^^

If you maybe want suggestions, you could post a description (or even better, a pic) and people can give HQ!! suggestions? I think it would fit the thread, and I like suggesting stuff so yeah. :'D
It's really hard to choose when everyone is so cute!

And awww,thanks so much for the compliment. I'm also super happy because my girlfriend offered to do Iwa-chan and those idiots are just so cute together.
She did a test pic and even though she usually looks super girly he looks good on her and I'm just ahhhhhhhh!
In progress:
| Uta - 85%|
| Seishuu Handa - 50%|
~ ♥ ~
Unread 04-17-2014, 09:36 PM   #4
Kokoro
Classic.

I've been wanting to do a Haikyuu cosplay! I'm only around chapter 50 and I regret becoming so obsessed but it's a really great manga! I'm going to watch the anime after I get caught up with the manga, hehe.

I searched up their heights again later on the wiki and they're all REALLY TALL (at least from my perspective). I'm only around 5cm taller than hinata, and everyone else is, like, 10-20cm taller than me minus nishinoya. I didn't really expect that, haha, given I'm a relatively average height (5' 6" is pretty good, right?) so I thought some of them would be closer to me but I guess not. D;

I've been wondering though, with sports manga/anime such as these, do people normally buy/commission the cosplays off the internet, or do they make them? I've been wondering how to make a sports jersey exactly, and I'm not sure if people normally go the buy route or other. :\

"Failures do what is tension relieving, while winners do what is goal achieving." -Dennis Waitley

Last edited by Kokoro : 04-17-2014 at 09:42 PM.
Kokoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2014, 05:29 AM   #5
LluviaSarcasm
Tall, Dark and Bishoujo

Well they are all guys in a sport where height is pretty important, so I guess that's to be expected? Just like most guys in KuroBasu are tall.
Some of them are really average even, for Japanese guys, like Suga and Yamaguchi.
Being 5'10/1,78m myself and usually too tall for a lot of stuff, I'm pretty happy. :'D

Anyway, as for the buying or making thing: I've seen both done, but more buyers really, even of they usually sew stuff.
I also bought my KnB jerseys like most people, but I also sewed my Samezuka jacket for Rin, so it really depends.
I think for Oikawa I'm going to see if they come out with a nice affordable jersey, or else I'll make it. But I reeeaaally hate collars. D:
In progress:
| Uta - 85%|
| Seishuu Handa - 50%|
~ ♥ ~
Unread 04-20-2014, 08:31 PM   #6
Julesie

I haven't read the manga yet as I wanted to give the anime a go first and if I liked it read the manga but so far I'm really enjoying it and definitely plan to cosplay from it. I'm just waiting to find out more about the characters to decide who I like most to cosplay as.
Julesie is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2014, 09:21 PM   #7
Kutie

Well so far there are 4 episodes out of the anime and it is amazing. Out of all the characters so far I would love to cosplay as Hinata if I get the chance since he is my favorite so far (followed by Kageyama).
I haven't read the manga so I don't know how the rest of the characters are like very well, which means I'll have to wait and see to see if I'll change my mind later on.
Kutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2014, 10:07 PM   #8
Kutie

I'm currently interested in cosplaying Hinata, not sure if I will do it but if a get the chance I'll take it.
Kutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2014, 09:40 PM   #9
Mukkun

Quote:
Originally Posted by LluviaSarcasm View Post
Wooo, someone answered, yay! =D

Lev is super cute, I'd like to see him done. :3
But I understand the not fitting concerns. If I was like a foot shorter I'd cosplay Noya for example. ^^

If you maybe want suggestions, you could post a description (or even better, a pic) and people can give HQ!! suggestions? I think it would fit the thread, and I like suggesting stuff so yeah. :'D
It's really hard to choose when everyone is so cute!

And awww,thanks so much for the compliment. I'm also super happy because my girlfriend offered to do Iwa-chan and those idiots are just so cute together.
She did a test pic and even though she usually looks super girly he looks good on her and I'm just ahhhhhhhh!
I'm answering like 129893 years later, but that's how it is with shcool :c But yeah, I always feel like I never had a good enough height, especially in the sports animanga world. I am 171 cm tall, and it's like theyre either in the 160cm or 175cm+ so hah (still wondering how I am supposed to do a 194 cm tall guy but man, I can't just, give up on him hahaaaa I'm getting way too attached to him ;-

ohhh that's a good idea, but I don't really have pics at the moment, but mmm, let's say, I have an oval face, and I definitely don't give a "cute" feeling, but my traits are not too harsh too, so it's kinda hard to describe hah. Also I have almond-shaped eyes (which are brown, but I am willing to put on contacts for cosplay). And uhhh body shape is rectangle I think, ummm so I guess that's it? I'm probably not being very clear but oh well ;-;

Ahhh Oikawa/Iwaizumi is my OTP !! Aghhh I'm sure she makes an awesome Iwa-chan!
Mukkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2014, 04:09 PM   #10
LluviaSarcasm
Tall, Dark and Bishoujo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukkun View Post
I'm answering like 129893 years later, but that's how it is with shcool :c But yeah, I always feel like I never had a good enough height, especially in the sports animanga world. I am 171 cm tall, and it's like theyre either in the 160cm or 175cm+ so hah (still wondering how I am supposed to do a 194 cm tall guy but man, I can't just, give up on him hahaaaa I'm getting way too attached to him ;-

ohhh that's a good idea, but I don't really have pics at the moment, but mmm, let's say, I have an oval face, and I definitely don't give a "cute" feeling, but my traits are not too harsh too, so it's kinda hard to describe hah. Also I have almond-shaped eyes (which are brown, but I am willing to put on contacts for cosplay). And uhhh body shape is rectangle I think, ummm so I guess that's it? I'm probably not being very clear but oh well ;-;

Ahhh Oikawa/Iwaizumi is my OTP !! Aghhh I'm sure she makes an awesome Iwa-chan!
Aww, no worries and I think being too short really isn't that bad. I feel it's cuter than being too tall (like me as most girls...) but it can't be seen on pics anyway. :3
I somehow managed as Murasakibara as well...and I will manage as Tsukki too. uwu
(Tsukkiii~<3)
There is a secret weapon: insoles. I got some that can make me around 10cm taller.

Anyway, with your description I had to think of Yamaguchi and Suga, so if you like them maybe those? Idk I could be totally of too, but they at least also fit height wise.

And ahhhhh you do not understand how much I ship OiIwa. So much. Way too much. Ahhh. ;A;

Anyway, as for my cosplays atm, I ordered wigs for Oikawa and Tsukishima. Already have glasses and contacts for both.
For Tsukki I'll do the Karasuno training clothes with the white shirt, black jacket and shorts. Just made the shirt, as in ironed on the logo that I drew and ordered jogging pants to shorten. (And if I ever feel like it, I can wear the outfit with black jogging pants I have from Rin and another wig to be Kageyama. ha ha)

As for Oikawa, I'll make the Aobajohsai training outfit minus the jacket for now and then probably, when a nice one comes out, buy the jersey. I'd make it but I hate collars soooo much.
So for now I ordered a t-shirt to print their logo on, along with another same one but in XXL to use the same material for the stripe on the pants.

EDIT: Made Oikawa's shirt and pants~ Doing the writing on the t-shirt was soooo annoying.
Also shortened Tsukki's pants.
In progress:
| Uta - 85%|
| Seishuu Handa - 50%|
~ ♥ ~

Last edited by LluviaSarcasm : 05-07-2014 at 01:40 PM. Reason: to not double post
Unread 05-20-2014, 02:07 PM   #11
LluviaSarcasm
Tall, Dark and Bishoujo

Welp, just gonna continue spamming this thread and sorry for double post.^^;;;

So my Oikawa wig arrived on time for his anime debut so I just had to cut/style it and do some make up test selfies.
I think I'm gonna shorten the Aoba Johsai training pants I made so that it's like in episode 6/7 instead. Shorts are just cuter.

Also finished my Karasuno jacket.

And ahhhh when will they finally start selling Oikawa's jersey???
In progress:
| Uta - 85%|
| Seishuu Handa - 50%|
~ ♥ ~
Unread 05-20-2014, 04:56 PM   #12
oreburgh
awkward turtle

AHh I really want to do Oikawa or Kuroo! But my face is kind of shota and they're both slightly more bishounen aha oTL
oreburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2014, 05:13 AM   #13
Nisejk

I love Kageyama in Hakyuu!! Is someone going to cos him??
Nisejk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2014, 01:16 PM   #14
LluviaSarcasm
Tall, Dark and Bishoujo

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreburgh View Post
AHh I really want to do Oikawa or Kuroo! But my face is kind of shota and they're both slightly more bishounen aha oTL
You could do it anyway! Or with Oikawa maybe the middle school version?
Haha people always want what they didn't have. If I was short and cute I'd so be on Nishinoya. :'D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisejk View Post
I love Kageyama in Hakyuu!! Is someone going to cos him??
Pretty sure people will, and I'm sure he's one of the most done in HQ.^^

On my end: finished Tsukki! Wig finally arrived and I cut and styled it. It was scary. Such short hair.

Also ended up shortening my AobaJohsai pants. Good decision, they look way cuter now and make my legs look better.
Now I just need to alter the shoes I have for Oikawa.

Also still waiting for a decent jersey to be sold. Seen one, but only on a Japanese site, so I wouldn't know how to order. ;w;
In progress:
| Uta - 85%|
| Seishuu Handa - 50%|
~ ♥ ~
Unread 05-28-2014, 06:43 PM   #15
oreburgh
awkward turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LluviaSarcasm View Post
You could do it anyway!
Haha people always want what they didn't have. If I was short and cute I'd so be on Nishinoya. :'D
I have a really cute shota face but I'm 5'7" oTL otherwise I would totally do Hinata but nooo I gotta be super tall but not look my height aha
oreburgh is offline   Reply With Quote