Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-06-2013, 11:33 AM   #196
Lt. Crunch

For some reason, I am having a stupidly difficult time figuring out the cables for the swords. Okay, so one end is obviously attached to the hilt of the sword...where is the other end attached??? I'm doing the anime version, by the way. I've looked at about a million pictures and diagrams, and I am still confused.

Edit: Also, where do the spiky anchor cable things deploy from? Cables are confusing

In-Progress: Aigis (Persona 3)

Future: Alice Malvin (Pumpkin Scissors)

Future Cons: Anime Nebraskon 2013

Last edited by Lt. Crunch : 09-06-2013 at 11:39 AM.
Lt. Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-06-2013, 04:14 PM   #197
Takaaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenSuitConverse View Post
For the ladies out there(sorry men!), I found a pair of brown over the knee boots at Charlotte Russe for $42.50. The have the flap on the top, which hits the top of my knee. They don't have a whole lot of padding in the boot, but I put in a gel heel insert and fixed that. I normally wear a 9.5, but i got a 9 and it fits wonderfully. Thought I would put it out there for anyone looking for some. http://www.charlotterusse.com/produc...=301478640_200
The boot looks really good. But I was wondering a few things. I PM'ed you a few questions.
Takaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 06:54 PM   #198
palmtree_freak
Not freaky for palmtrees

Here's a link to the boots I bought (sorry ladies only). They're super comfortable and work just great.

Boots
palmtree_freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 11:02 PM   #199
kendraduck09

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenSuitConverse View Post
For the ladies out there(sorry men!), I found a pair of brown over the knee boots at Charlotte Russe for $42.50. The have the flap on the top, which hits the top of my knee. They don't have a whole lot of padding in the boot, but I put in a gel heel insert and fixed that. I normally wear a 9.5, but i got a 9 and it fits wonderfully. Thought I would put it out there for anyone looking for some. http://www.charlotterusse.com/produc...=301478640_200
I can attest to these - I bought these last week and I'm really happy with them! Only thing is that they smelled really bad right after I took them out of the box, but if you let them air out then they'll be fine.
Maou Sadao - Demon Form (The Devil is a Part Timer!)

Planned cosplays:
Touka Kirishima (Tokyo Ghoul)
Kageyama Tobio (Haikyuu!!)
BE!Koujaku (DRAMAtical Murder)

~ Tumblr ~ Cosplay Facebook ~ List of Cosplays ~

kendraduck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2013, 06:40 PM   #200
Cameron1138
Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Crunch View Post
For some reason, I am having a stupidly difficult time figuring out the cables for the swords. Okay, so one end is obviously attached to the hilt of the sword...where is the other end attached??? I'm doing the anime version, by the way. I've looked at about a million pictures and diagrams, and I am still confused.

Edit: Also, where do the spiky anchor cable things deploy from? Cables are confusing
Here's a picture I found of a 3D model someone made, without anyone wearing it:

http://www.alexgian.com/wp/wp-conten.../06/3dgear.jpg

I wasn't sure what to do either at first, but I figured out that there are two pairs of cables. One pair goes from the valves on the gas tanks to the propulsion engine thingy on the back. The other pair goes from the sword hilts to those little things that go really close to your sides and extend from the cable reels (those are also where the anchor cable things shoot out of).

In progress: Booker Dewitt (Bioshock Infinite) - 90%; Steampunk'd Han Solo (Star Wars) - 98%; Connor Kenway (Assassin's Creed III) - 30%; Max Rockatansky (Mad Max series) - 35%; Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier (Captain America: TWS) - planning

Future: Mal Reynolds (improved), Jaime Lannister (GoT)
Cameron1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2013, 08:03 PM   #201
Lt. Crunch

That's exactly what I needed! Thank you!

In-Progress: Aigis (Persona 3)

Future: Alice Malvin (Pumpkin Scissors)

Future Cons: Anime Nebraskon 2013
Lt. Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2013, 02:37 AM   #202
Clementine
I do as I please.

So I just watched episode 22 and I hate my life a little right now.
Friday: Satsuki Kiryuin (transformed version) (Kill La Kill)
Saturday: Swan Lake variation of Kraehe(Princess Tutu)
Sunday: TBD

Upcoming cosplays:
Mitsuki Nase (Kyoukai no Kanata) (30%)
Satsuki Kiryuin (Kill La Kill) (planning)

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.
I like RoosterTeeth, indie music and poetry, and American Spirit menthols.
Clementine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 08:22 AM   #203
palmtree_freak
Not freaky for palmtrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
I had been doing so good with this series up until this episode. I cried like a baby.
Unread 09-09-2013, 10:39 AM   #204
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
Freaking amen. Hate this show so much. My friend hates this show so much that she went and bought wigs for Jean and Eren even though she originally just wanted to be Hanji (she still plans to be Hanji, too). And I hate this show so much I'm contemplating whether or not I can stuff all my hair under a wig as short as Levi's, even though I already bought an Armin wig and plan to cosplay Armin first anyway. And I plan to get a ponytail clip to be Hanji too, at some point.

STUPID SHOW. Surprisingly enough, no furniture has been broken...yet...

My two friends and I are impulsively planning to make Armin, Mikasa, and apparently now Eren (lol) for a tiny con coming up in November. As I assume most people are doing, we're making the uniforms first, and then starting the 3DM gear after that. I don't know if Overbeck ever posted in here, but I know he's planning to make a Pixis cosplay, and we 3 hope to join him in the winter.

Question for all of you in here - is this thread more focused on the anime than the manga? I ask because I haven't read the manga (yet) and want to know if I'm at risk of hitting any spoiler discussion if I start frequenting this thread, lol.
Levi - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 100%
3DM Gear - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 90% (needs repairs)
Lux (classic skin) - League of Legends - 10%

Facebook || Tumblr
Starlit Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 11:23 AM   #205
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Re: This stupid show.

I haven't been properly rustled by a series in a while. Lately I spend my time agonizing over Episode 22 and the error on the tracking number for my Levi wig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlit Rose View Post
Question for all of you in here - is this thread more focused on the anime than the manga? I ask because I haven't read the manga (yet) and want to know if I'm at risk of hitting any spoiler discussion if I start frequenting this thread, lol.
Seems like a lot more anime talk, although I haven't been here very long. I'm current on the anime and just started the manga, but people who drop spoilers without warning are the worst kind of people and should incur the wrath of those subjected.

Next con: SacAnime (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 02:24 PM   #206
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kell-chan View Post
Re: This stupid show.

I haven't been properly rustled by a series in a while. Lately I spend my time agonizing over Episode 22 and the error on the tracking number for my Levi wig.
LOL Ditto (minus the wig part). I cannot think of a single show that has gripped me like SnK has. I mean I am hugging my knees and clenching my teeth for the entirety of the episode every. single. time. And this is coming from someone who has a good poker face when watching things, lol.

When you get your wig, please post pictures!

Quote:
Seems like a lot more anime talk, although I haven't been here very long. I'm current on the anime and just started the manga, but people who drop spoilers without warning are the worst kind of people and should incur the wrath of those subjected.
That's good; I hope it remains a spoiler-free thread. I was concerned though, because I've already seen some *VERY* spoilerific cosplays floating around the 'net. @_@
Levi - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 100%
3DM Gear - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 90% (needs repairs)
Lux (classic skin) - League of Legends - 10%

Facebook || Tumblr
Starlit Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 03:18 PM   #207
xcvi
xcvi

I wanted to ask you guys your opinion on something! I'm planning on cosplaying Petra. The one issue I have is that I like to part my hair (or wig) on the left and not the right. I don't look that great with it parted the other way.. not sure why. Do you think it would be absolutely horrible for me to part the wig on the left even though her hair is parted on the right? I love accuracy but I also like artistic liberties that make something better. Do you think people would notice.. or care?
xcvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 04:02 PM   #208
palmtree_freak
Not freaky for palmtrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcvi View Post
I wanted to ask you guys your opinion on something! I'm planning on cosplaying Petra. The one issue I have is that I like to part my hair (or wig) on the left and not the right. I don't look that great with it parted the other way.. not sure why. Do you think it would be absolutely horrible for me to part the wig on the left even though her hair is parted on the right? I love accuracy but I also like artistic liberties that make something better. Do you think people would notice.. or care?
I highly doubt people will care or even notice and if someone by chance does come up and says "you're hairs not right you suck!" then just punch them in the face. At least that what logic I go by when I cut corners like that with a costume.
Unread 09-09-2013, 04:38 PM   #209
Clementine
I do as I please.

I want to start reading the manga but I also want the anime to be a surprise for me every week. What do.
Friday: Satsuki Kiryuin (transformed version) (Kill La Kill)
Saturday: Swan Lake variation of Kraehe(Princess Tutu)
Sunday: TBD

Upcoming cosplays:
Mitsuki Nase (Kyoukai no Kanata) (30%)
Satsuki Kiryuin (Kill La Kill) (planning)

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.
I like RoosterTeeth, indie music and poetry, and American Spirit menthols.
Clementine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 06:12 PM   #210
xcvi
xcvi

@palmtree_freak you're right, I doubt people will notice at all.. I mean.. why go exactly with the character design if one microscopic weak will make you look better in the costume. Thanks!
xcvi is offline   Reply With Quote