Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1358 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-09-2013, 06:20 PM   #211
xcvi
xcvi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
I want to start reading the manga but I also want the anime to be a surprise for me every week. What do.
I started off watching the show but curiosity got the best of me! I mean, having the anime be a surprise each week is fun and all.. but the manga is SO much further along. Next weekend's episode will be at chapter 31 of the manga. At this rate.. they're not going to finish or even come close to reaching some important points in the manga. Honestly, the story has just barely started at this point. It's said that they're only going to do 25 episodes... but is that still what they're doing? Because it's become so popular are they going to do more? Or a second season? Does anyone know? They'll have to do that. I really hope they don't rush to finish it, that would make it awful.. I also don't feel like this is a story you can deviate from because of just how complex everything is and how it's all tied together.

I would really recommend reading the manga.. but.. I would also say, pace yourself. I binge read 48 chapters in three days and then suffered greatly until 49 came out. I was just so used to getting so much of it in one dose.. to 40 or so pages this month just didn't seem like enough lol. So far the anime is pretty much 99.9% accurate to the manga.. although they skipped chapter 18.5.. which bugged me because it was kind of important. Do what you want to do! I'm glad I decided to read the manga because each week I notice something new in the anime that I may have overlooked in the manga. If I were you, I'd read it! It's really good and kept me glued for a long time lol.
xcvi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-09-2013, 08:06 PM   #212
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlit Rose View Post
When you get your wig, please post pictures!
Will do! I'm a bit anxious because, although the seller came recommended from a friend, I usually require larger wigs to accommodate my long hair. Should get here sometime next week. I will be all impatience until then.

Next con: SacAnime (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 09:18 PM   #213
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcvi View Post
I wanted to ask you guys your opinion on something! I'm planning on cosplaying Petra. The one issue I have is that I like to part my hair (or wig) on the left and not the right. I don't look that great with it parted the other way.. not sure why. Do you think it would be absolutely horrible for me to part the wig on the left even though her hair is parted on the right? I love accuracy but I also like artistic liberties that make something better. Do you think people would notice.. or care?
I think you'll be fine. If it will make you feel better about how you look, it would be the better way to go. I doubt anyone will ever even notice, and if they do and have a problem with it, well, they need to stop fussing over something so unimportant. XD Do whatever you'll be happier with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
I want to start reading the manga but I also want the anime to be a surprise for me every week. What do.
Saaaaaaaame. Do you know if there's another season scheduled after this one ends? If there's no new episodes after #25, I feel like my only choices will be to either read the manga or risk being way behind the rest of the fandom, because I'm sure everyone else will go and read it. I really don't want to read it though, because like you said, I like the way the anime delivers it SO much! I don't want to know everything that's going to happen when watching future episodes. I like being on the verge of flipping my coffee table. T_T Sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kell-chan View Post
Will do! I'm a bit anxious because, although the seller came recommended from a friend, I usually require larger wigs to accommodate my long hair. Should get here sometime next week. I will be all impatience until then.
Great, thank you! That's exactly why I'm curious to see how it fits you, haha. I myself have hair that goes down to my tail bone. My actual head is on the small side though, so even with my hair pinned up, I've been able to fit into a Chinese wig (which usually run small) that is as short as Yukio's hair (Ao no Exorcist). But Levi's hair gets soooo short in the back! So I'm really curious. I hope it fits all right!
Levi - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 100%
3DM Gear - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 90% (needs repairs)
Lux (classic skin) - League of Legends - 10%

Facebook || Tumblr

Last edited by Starlit Rose : 09-09-2013 at 09:25 PM.
Starlit Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 06:50 AM   #214
Takaaaa

Anyone buy SNK boots from ebay? or anyone can give some reviews on the boots you used and where you bought them~
Takaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 03:25 PM   #215
captain0marauding
Sir Squish Cosplay

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Attack-on-Tit...7&_uhb=1#payId So this is the wig I'm getting for Levi. The bangs look a little long, but that could just be because they're on a wig head and not me. xD
SAT PM - Scarfketsu Ryuko (Kill la Kill)
SUN - Mikisugi Aikuro (Kill la Kill)

captain0marauding is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 10:15 AM   #216
Elsinora
Ph.D in Horribleness

I just discovered (read: became far, far too obsessed with) SNK and desperately want to cosplay Eren for AMKE, but I have neither the time nor the money for another complex cosplay right now, so I'm going to thrift-store-dive for his military tribunal outfit. If I get the wig and contacts right and make myself up to look like Levi just kicked ten colors of you-know-what out of me, I should be recognizable...right?

I'm definitely doing a full 3DMG getup when I have more money, though.
Shuhe/Tabard/Bracers/Boots/Hat/Wig/Scar Makeup
Light Yagami--Death Note, "Tactics"
[b]Tracksuit[b]/Hat/Wig/Dress Shoes
Eren Jaeger--Shingeki no Kyojin, "Can't Look Into His Eyes"
Shirt/Pants/Wig/Boots/Bruise and Blood Makeup
Elsinora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2013, 10:37 PM   #217
kendraduck09

If anyone is going to Zenkaikon, an Ask SNK panel is currently being put together! We need more people to join the panel, particularly a Mikasa. So if you're interested, here are links with more information~
Maou Sadao - Demon Form (The Devil is a Part Timer!)

Planned cosplays:
Touka Kirishima (Tokyo Ghoul)
Kageyama Tobio (Haikyuu!!)
BE!Koujaku (DRAMAtical Murder)

~ Tumblr ~ Cosplay Facebook ~ List of Cosplays ~

Last edited by kendraduck09 : 09-14-2013 at 10:41 PM.
kendraduck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2013, 11:07 PM   #218
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Tracking number for Levi wig no longer gives me an error, but it doesn't give me a location either. Haha. Sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsinora View Post
I just discovered (read: became far, far too obsessed with) SNK and desperately want to cosplay Eren for AMKE, but I have neither the time nor the money for another complex cosplay right now, so I'm going to thrift-store-dive for his military tribunal outfit. If I get the wig and contacts right and make myself up to look like Levi just kicked ten colors of you-know-what out of me, I should be recognizable...right?

I'm definitely doing a full 3DMG getup when I have more money, though.
I love seeing all the outfits, so I'm all for this! I have a suit like what Levi wears in Episode 23 so I might do a shoot in that as well as the uniform. I've seen a Sasha cosplayer in her "village" outfit and Mikasa in her civvies. It's nice to see some variety.

Next con: SacAnime (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2013, 12:35 AM   #219
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

Oh goodness, my Armin wig already arrived! It arrived in my mailbox 8 days after I ordered it - from CHINA! With the free shipping option! Color me impressed. It needs a liiiitttle bit of trimming, but otherwise, it's a great wig. My friend's Eren and Jean wigs both arrived today (from the same ebay store), so we may or may not do a makeup test in the near future. <_<; (We might be a little bit too excited about these costumes.)

Facebook || Tumblr
Unread 09-15-2013, 02:09 AM   #220
Elsinora
Ph.D in Horribleness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kell-chan View Post
I love seeing all the outfits, so I'm all for this! I have a suit like what Levi wears in Episode 23 so I might do a shoot in that as well as the uniform. I've seen a Sasha cosplayer in her "village" outfit and Mikasa in her civvies. It's nice to see some variety.
Yeah--the one problem with cosplaying SnK is that every character's main costume is almost identical to everyone else's. But it's such a cool-looking costume...

The downside to doing a less recognizable costume is that I feel a lot more pressure to make all the little details of hair, makeup, and props exactly right so people can still identify me. I'm having way too much fun planning out how to make manacles out of plastic chain and craft foam soda can warmers, though.
Shuhe/Tabard/Bracers/Boots/Hat/Wig/Scar Makeup
Light Yagami--Death Note, "Tactics"
[b]Tracksuit[b]/Hat/Wig/Dress Shoes
Eren Jaeger--Shingeki no Kyojin, "Can't Look Into His Eyes"
Shirt/Pants/Wig/Boots/Bruise and Blood Makeup
Elsinora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2013, 03:26 PM   #221
xcvi
xcvi

I couldn't find if this was asked before, I apologize if I'm repeating someone!

What do people think of buying the pants and shirt? I mean... when it comes down to it.. the amount of denim and the zipper and thread and all that would wind up costing as much as a pair of jeans would. It's not that I'm incapable of making my own.. but.. if it's not going to be cheaper.. why go through that whole process when that time could be spent on the jacket, harness, cloak, and 3DMG?

ALSO... thoughts on a different take of the 3DMG? It looks awesome in the show.. but sometimes when you bring something 2D into the real world.. it just doesn't have enough detail. It seems difficult to use the original design and keep it from looking to... boxy.

I saw this the other day: http://zotaku.com/wp-content/uploads...5/13051302.jpg

The design of that 3DMG looks SO cool and it inspired me to do my own take on it.. maybe not THAT complex but I really like the looks of it. If I have the time.. I might want to put that amount of detail into it or something close. Should I go for it?
Unread 09-16-2013, 03:28 PM   #222
xcvi
xcvi

I couldn't find if this was asked before, I apologize if I'm repeating someone!

What do people think of buying the pants and shirt? I mean... when it comes down to it.. the amount of denim and the zipper and thread and all that would wind up costing as much as a pair of jeans would. It's not that I'm incapable of making my own.. but.. if it's not going to be cheaper.. why go through that whole process when that time could be spent on the jacket, harness, cloak, and 3DMG?

ALSO... thoughts on a different take of the 3DMG? It looks awesome in the show.. but sometimes when you bring something 2D into the real world.. it just doesn't have enough detail. It seems difficult to use the original design and keep it from looking to... boxy.

I saw this the other day: http://zotaku.com/wp-content/uploads...5/13051302.jpg

The design of that 3DMG looks SO cool and it inspired me to do my own take on it.. maybe not THAT complex but I really like the looks of it. If I have the time.. I might want to put that amount of detail into it or something close. Should I go for it?
Unread 09-16-2013, 03:28 PM   #223
xcvi
xcvi

Ah!! I don't know why that posted twice! Does anyone know how to delete a post?
Unread 09-16-2013, 04:18 PM   #224
Naiagu
That one cosplayer

I think buying pants and shirt would be easier, less time consuming and a lot cheaper. I found my top at a Goodwill for $2 just looking for some pants now.
Sayaka (Puella Magi).....Progress 10%
Haruhi (OHSHC)............Progress 100%
Ruby (RWBY)...............Progress 80%

Cons for 2014:
Sac Anime Winter, AOD, NorCal Gathering Spring, Kraken Spring, EBRC Picnic, JPOP Summit, NorCal Gathering Summer, Magical Girls Gathering, Japan EXPO, Sac Anime Summer, Yaoi Con, Kraken Winter

Contact me: Tumblr, DA, FB Fan Page, Skype: Naiagu
Naiagu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #225
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

@xcvi: Unfortunately, we don't have the ability to delete posts, so there's nothing you can do, lol. But don't worry about it.

To answer your questions, I see no problem with buying shirts and pants. As you said, the cost for fabric, buttons, zippers, etc. adds up and it's silly to spend that much time and money when you could easily get it at a thrift store for a few dollars. My friends and I all bought NEW white denim pants so that we could be sure we all matched each other, and spent about $20 each for them. No shame. I won't claim I made the pants, but I'm also not entering into a contest, so who cares?

Regarding the 3DM gear - like with anything, you're free to do what you want! You may get people asking why you designed your gear like you did, but depending on what you do, it's very likely people won't even realize it's not "canon" and will think it just looks cool/well made.

Facebook || Tumblr