Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1761 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-16-2013, 05:44 PM   #226
Kazukii
Nyaa

Anyone know of vendors who sell the jacket who have the back symbol sewn on? I'm worried the screen printed versions will fade / crack.

Commissions @
Anisazi Costuming
Kazukii is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-16-2013, 06:27 PM   #227
xcvi
xcvi

@Naiagu & @Starlit Rose exactly, it would be silly do go through all of that when I don't plan on entering a contest. Like if it's something THAT generic... I just asked this because I actually saw someone getting flack for it on some other forum on another website and it made me wonder...

As for the 3Dmg.. now I'm even more inspired to just go for it. It seems like a really fun challenge. And you're right, people really won't notice and if they do.. hopefully it will be because it looks good lol. Thanks!
xcvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2013, 09:32 PM   #228
captain0marauding
Sir Squish Cosplay

Hello, everyone! I'll be receiving my Levi wig within the next few weeks and will be getting my jacket this weekend when my friend comes up from the States. Now, does anyone know where I could possibly find a pair of men's boot (size 13) for a reasonable price? I'd rather not have to make them, and some places have really cheap quality costume boots. ): Thank you!
SAT PM - Scarfketsu Ryuko (Kill la Kill)
SUN - Mikisugi Aikuro (Kill la Kill)

captain0marauding is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2013, 01:00 PM   #229
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain0marauding View Post
Hello, everyone! I'll be receiving my Levi wig within the next few weeks and will be getting my jacket this weekend when my friend comes up from the States. Now, does anyone know where I could possibly find a pair of men's boot (size 13) for a reasonable price? I'd rather not have to make them, and some places have really cheap quality costume boots. ): Thank you!
Mens size 13 is going to be hard to find in boots that aren't cosplay boots. If you weren't a size 13 I would suggest figuring out what size you are in womens and look through womens over-the-knee boots, but 13 is unfortunately going to be hard to shop for. I know Overbeck bought a pair of boots from this seller. They are cosplay boots, but I think a lot of male AoT cosplayers are having to go with boots like these because of the sizes. I'm not sure how you choose your size when you order - someone in the comments said they think you have to email them your shoe size when you order, but if you're interested in getting a pair, you might email them first to confirm this before going through with ordering.

Otherwise, you might directly ask some other male AoT cosplayers where they've gotten their boots. But yeah, tall boots are either going to be really expensive, or risking the quality of the cosplay boots. Personally, I'd chance the cosplay boots.
Levi - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 100%
3DM Gear - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 90% (needs repairs)
Lux (classic skin) - League of Legends - 10%

Facebook || Tumblr
Starlit Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 10:29 AM   #230
palmtree_freak
Not freaky for palmtrees

Just got back from a con this weekend and got a bunch of pictures of my mikasa and titan eren cosplay.

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/464419/
palmtree_freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 06:31 PM   #231
robodt

hi!! im kinda new to cosplay and ive only made one cos but im going to do a snk one for a con in october!! im going to cosplay marco! does anyone know where i could get a wig?? idk where to buy wigs im sorry omg...also how would i do makeup?? i dont really wear makeup at all and idk how i would do crossplay makeup and for marco haha please help thank u ily
robodt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 07:14 PM   #232
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Okay so I have decided that Mikasa, Sasha, Christa and Carla and the people I will cosplay as from this series! I already have my eyes on two wigs (one for Mikasa and the other for Christa) I'm going to be using my own hair for Sasha (just need to dye it!) I'm so excited!

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 20%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Judy Skellington - Nightmare before Christmas 10%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Nonon Jakuzure - Kill La Kill 5%
Ruby Rose/Blake Belladonna - RWBY

Petra Ral (angel ver.)- AoT
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill

Queen Serenity - Sailor Moon
Vergil(genderbent): DMC:5
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2013, 09:23 AM   #233
LadyHeichou

This year for Comic Con (NYCC) I'll be going as Mikasa! :3 She's my favorite female character so I'm super excited! I have my wig mostly styles and all the leather parts made, I just need to get the actual shirt and pants otherwise ill be going in the nude haha oops :P
LadyHeichou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2013, 08:11 PM   #234
TenSuitConverse
Kawaii Kage

I'm waiting on a jacket and cloak for my Mikasa cosplay. I have no sewing abilities, which sucks, and no access to a sewing machine. Maybe at some point I will learn to sew, but I'm planning on focusing on making the 3DMG and the harness system. I'm learning how to work with leather. I also want to style a wig for her, but I'm not sure which one to get. I want to order off of Arda, but I'm indecisive on which one to get. I'm thinking Buttercup or Eowyn because I don't want to get a wig that is too short. My next option would be Pippin. I want to do the natural black. I've never ordered from Arda before or styled a wig before, but I have to start somewhere.
I'm really ambitious for the cosplay. BUT, I'm really excited about it and I think that I can pull it all off by the end of February. Even if I don't finish everything, I'll probably be the only person that knows.
TenSuitConverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2013, 04:11 AM   #235
alliaxandromeda
Aura Guardian

Been looking around on eBay for a relatively affordable jacket, and I have to say that this one looked quite good; http://www.ebay.com/itm/121165869668, but due to a lack of experience with buying things from ebay, I'm a little hesitant to buy.
alliaxandromeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2013, 12:16 PM   #236
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenSuitConverse View Post
I also want to style a wig for her, but I'm not sure which one to get. I want to order off of Arda, but I'm indecisive on which one to get. I'm thinking Buttercup or Eowyn because I don't want to get a wig that is too short. My next option would be Pippin. I want to do the natural black. I've never ordered from Arda before or styled a wig before, but I have to start somewhere.
I'm really ambitious for the cosplay. BUT, I'm really excited about it and I think that I can pull it all off by the end of February.
If you're giving yourself until the end of February, you should be fine! If it's your first attempt at making a prop, I would recommend the popular foamboard/foamcore method since it is easy to work with and relatively cheap. There are lots of tutorials out there for making the gear, and it seems like most people are choosing to use foam and foamcore for the majority of it, unless they are savvy enough to use plastic instead.

Regarding wigs - looking at Arda's Pippin, it looks like it is actually the perfect length. It looks really long on their mannequin, but judging by the photos of it on people's heads in their gallery, it actually looks like it's perfect for Mikasa. This photo of it (the blonde) looks the most like their stock photo - I don't think it was trimmed it at all, whereas the other examples look like they at least shortened the long front layers. So I think that is a good one to go with. However, for some reason, the Buttercup is $3 cheaper even though it's longer, lol. But I hate cutting wigs, so I myself would opt for the Pippin in this case.

If you're looking for more options though, Epic Wigs has this wig which looks like it would be a good length (looks good on the human model). They are also US-based and I've heard good things about them (never bought from them myself though.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliaxandromeda View Post
Been looking around on eBay for a relatively affordable jacket, and I have to say that this one looked quite good; http://www.ebay.com/itm/121165869668, but due to a lack of experience with buying things from ebay, I'm a little hesitant to buy.
They have a good feedback rating (840 feedback ratings, with a 99.2% rate), so I think they would be a good bet. If you're not sure, you can always look at the reviews and see what people are saying, and you can look and see if anyone else bought the AoT jacket and see what they said about it. It looks like an okay jacket, but the one downside is that, while I guess the small patches are embroidered, the back patch looks screen printed.

If you want to know for sure what you'd be getting, I'd recommend this seller's jacket:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Attack-Titan...em6fd229328 b
It's about the same price, but all the patches are embroidered. The only down side is that the back patch isn't as big, but the fact that it's $33 and comes with embroidered patches impressed me. (I spent more than that for my patches alone!)

Overbeck got one of their jackets in the mail and took a picture of it (they sent it to him by mistake, lol) so you can see what it looks like in person: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater (if the link doesn't work, just go to Overbeck's page and scroll down until you see a picture of AoT clothing on a table. FB is being dumb for me.)
Levi - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 100%
3DM Gear - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 90% (needs repairs)
Lux (classic skin) - League of Legends - 10%

Facebook || Tumblr
Starlit Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2013, 12:59 PM   #237
TenSuitConverse
Kawaii Kage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlit Rose View Post
If you're giving yourself until the end of February, you should be fine! If it's your first attempt at making a prop, I would recommend the popular foamboard/foamcore method since it is easy to work with and relatively cheap. There are lots of tutorials out there for making the gear, and it seems like most people are choosing to use foam and foamcore for the majority of it, unless they are savvy enough to use plastic instead.
The only prop I've made the Kaleidomoon Scope from Sailor Moon. The quality wasn't super great, but I had started it the day before a con (Thursday), and finished it Saturday afternoon after work for the masquerade. I've been doing some work with craft foam for the Ember Celica from RWBY, which was going well until school started. The part I see to be the hardest is the actual harness. Thanks for the advice!
TenSuitConverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2013, 05:58 PM   #238
rspade
Vermicious Knid

I'm cosplaying Hanji for Anime Boston 2014! She's a fun character
Matt {Death Note}
Ciel Phantomhive, Undertaker, Alois Trancy {Kuroshitsuji}
Fem!Equius, Fem!Horuss {Homestuck}
rspade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 01:47 PM   #239
MeliZbeauty
MeliZbeauty

Im almost done with my Levi Cosplay, im very happy with it, just got to work on finding the right boots. Any suggestions?

My Cons:
Anime Conji, Anime Expo, SDCC , Anime California
MeliZbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 01:57 PM   #240
HareyuNanami
Princess of Dreams :3

my Hanji wig came in the mail today
Super exited!
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...69911023_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...90674760_n.jpg

Cosplay List!

Convention List