Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1762 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-11-2013, 06:43 AM   #316
alliaxandromeda
Aura Guardian
 
alliaxandromeda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlit Rose View Post
If you want to know for sure what you'd be getting, I'd recommend this seller's jacket:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Attack-Titan...em6fd229328 b
It's about the same price, but all the patches are embroidered. The only down side is that the back patch isn't as big, but the fact that it's $33 and comes with embroidered patches impressed me. (I spent more than that for my patches alone!)

Overbeck got one of their jackets in the mail and took a picture of it (they sent it to him by mistake, lol) so you can see what it looks like in person: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater (if the link doesn't work, just go to Overbeck's page and scroll down until you see a picture of AoT clothing on a table. FB is being dumb for me.)
I chose to go for that jacket in the end; it arrived really quickly, and it was definitely a really good choice, thanks for the advice

Has anyone bought, as opposed to make, a Scouting Legion cape before? I've seen quite a few being sold on ebay, but I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations?
Many thanks
alliaxandromeda is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 10-12-2013, 09:58 PM   #317
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor
 
Kell-chan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,636
Levi WIP selfies.

I didn't mention the wig on Tumblr, but I bought this one. I literally took it from the bag and threw it on my head, for reference of what it really looks like. I'm quite pleased with it.

Rest of the costume is coming along. Woo.
__________________
Member of Bacon-Flavored Cosplay!
Facebook deviantART Twitter
Tumblr

Next con: SacAnime Winter (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2013, 11:47 AM   #318
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage
 
Starlit Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kell-chan View Post
Levi WIP selfies.

I didn't mention the wig on Tumblr, but I bought this one. I literally took it from the bag and threw it on my head, for reference of what it really looks like. I'm quite pleased with it.

Rest of the costume is coming along. Woo.

Oh, that looks great! Thank you so much for linking to the store and for taking photos of the wig. It is a big help. Your progress is coming along nicely! I like how you did your makeup.


----

Hahhh, my friends and I gave the harness thing a shot and quickly concluded that we really just needed to buy them. OTL After spending an hour turning ONE pleather strap inside out, and then spending another 20 minutes just trying to get a second strap started (to no avail), we decided that it wasn't worth it. We didn't spend much on the material for the straps, and we only cut up about half of what we bought, so it's not a total waste.

We ordered the harnesses from this Amazon seller, which, with our shipping combined, helped cut down the individual cost. Since no one else has said anything about these harnesses yet, I'll be sure to post a review on it when I get it.

Now, here's hoping they get here in time for our convention. TAT
__________________
Upcoming Costume List:
Barnaby Brooks Jr. (hero suit) - Tiger & Bunny - 85%
Armin - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 100%
Levi - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 100%
3DM Gear - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 90% (needs repairs)
Lux (classic skin) - League of Legends - 10%

Facebook || Tumblr
Starlit Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2013, 03:20 PM   #319
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor
 
Kell-chan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlit Rose View Post
Oh, that looks great! Thank you so much for linking to the store and for taking photos of the wig. It is a big help. Your progress is coming along nicely! I like how you did your makeup.
Thank you! It's been interesting with the make-up, fighting my super girlface, but PSY-chan on here has been determined to make it work. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlit Rose View Post
We ordered the harnesses from this Amazon seller, which, with our shipping combined, helped cut down the individual cost. Since no one else has said anything about these harnesses yet, I'll be sure to post a review on it when I get it.
I ordered the same ones. *crosses fingers*
__________________
Member of Bacon-Flavored Cosplay!
Facebook deviantART Twitter
Tumblr

Next con: SacAnime Winter (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 10:51 PM   #320
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face
 
LinkPwnsGanon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 8,166
got my wig you guys!
http://linkpwnsganon.tumblr.com/post...rived-today-it
__________________
I am Queen Mikasa "Scarfface" Ackerman and I am on a search for my King Levi ♥


W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 65%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Ruby Rose/Summer Rose - RWBY 10%[/color]
Petra Ral (angel ver.)- AoT
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill

Last edited by LinkPwnsGanon : 10-16-2013 at 12:23 AM.
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2013, 07:09 PM   #321
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor
 
Kell-chan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkPwnsGanon View Post
Looks good! You'll make a cute Mikasa. :3
__________________
Member of Bacon-Flavored Cosplay!
Facebook deviantART Twitter
Tumblr

Next con: SacAnime Winter (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2013, 11:02 PM   #322
xcvi
xcvi
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 163
Does anyone know where I can purchase a really good survey corps jacket? I was planning on making one but I'm running out of time and I have another costume to make.. so I'd rather spend my time on the harness and 3Dmg. I don't have time to screw up on a jacket D: Plus, I can always rip it apart later on and make my own pattern lol.

I'm looking for a really good quality one.. the most important thing is to have the patches be embroidered, not iron on and not fabric. Also, I'm really petite and I've noticed some of the ones you can purchase are longer and some are shorter.. I would probably need the shorter one. I've never actually purchased pre-made cosplays before so I don't know any legitimate sites with quality products. Thankfully it seems as if all the Attack on Titan jackets are fairly well made...
It seems like it's hard to find one where the back patch is actually embroidered, it seems as if it's only the smaller ones that are done that way and that the large one is printed. This one looks pretty good though, I guess this is what I'd be looking for:
http://img0.etsystatic.com/022/0/794...10938_k1gd.jpg
I just really wish the back patch was embroidered!

So in the end, after I use this once I do have the intention of taking it apart and making a pattern. When that time comes, I don't have my own embroidery machine and I may not have access to one. Is there anyone out there who would do commissioned patches??? Even the huge one?

Thanks guys!
xcvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2013, 11:15 PM   #323
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage
 
Starlit Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcvi View Post
Does anyone know where I can purchase a really good survey corps jacket? I was planning on making one but I'm running out of time and I have another costume to make.. so I'd rather spend my time on the harness and 3Dmg. I don't have time to screw up on a jacket D: Plus, I can always rip it apart later on and make my own pattern lol.

I'm looking for a really good quality one.. the most important thing is to have the patches be embroidered, not iron on and not fabric. Also, I'm really petite and I've noticed some of the ones you can purchase are longer and some are shorter.. I would probably need the shorter one. I've never actually purchased pre-made cosplays before so I don't know any legitimate sites with quality products. Thankfully it seems as if all the Attack on Titan jackets are fairly well made...
It seems like it's hard to find one where the back patch is actually embroidered, it seems as if it's only the smaller ones that are done that way and that the large one is printed. This one looks pretty good though, I guess this is what I'd be looking for:
http://img0.etsystatic.com/022/0/794...10938_k1gd.jpg
I just really wish the back patch was embroidered!

So in the end, after I use this once I do have the intention of taking it apart and making a pattern. When that time comes, I don't have my own embroidery machine and I may not have access to one. Is there anyone out there who would do commissioned patches??? Even the huge one?

Thanks guys!
I linked to this Chinese seller not too long ago - they are one of the only cheap jackets (that I've seen) that have all 4 patches embroidered. alliaxandromeda bought one and said it was good, and I now know two (other) people who have gotten these exact jackets and took pictures of them, so I can say myself that they definitely are a good buy. (The entire cost of the jacket is still less than how much I spent on my patches...and the shipping is free on top of it.) And since all the patches are embroidered, you could easily salvage them for when you make your own later.
__________________
Upcoming Costume List:
Barnaby Brooks Jr. (hero suit) - Tiger & Bunny - 85%
Armin - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 100%
Levi - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 100%
3DM Gear - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 90% (needs repairs)
Lux (classic skin) - League of Legends - 10%

Facebook || Tumblr

Last edited by Starlit Rose : 10-16-2013 at 11:20 PM.
Starlit Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2013, 11:37 PM   #324
xcvi
xcvi
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 163
@Starlit Rose Oh my god thank you!! That's actually perfect! It's good to know that people are happy with what they received. So they're 100% legit? I'm always nervous buying from Ebay these days! Also, does anyone know what Asian sizes are compared to US sizes? I'm normally an extra small in just about everything lol.
xcvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2013, 11:45 PM   #325
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage
 
Starlit Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcvi View Post
@Starlit Rose Oh my god thank you!! That's actually perfect! It's good to know that people are happy with what they received. So they're 100% legit? I'm always nervous buying from Ebay these days! Also, does anyone know what Asian sizes are compared to US sizes? I'm normally an extra small in just about everything lol.
Yeah - the only downside to those jackets is that, while embroidered, the back patch isn't quite as big as some of the screen printed ones, but imo it's still a much better look overall.

In general, Asian sizes tend to run smaller than US sizes, so I think the Asian medium would be like a US small. You'd probably want an Asian small, but it looks like the smallest size they offer is the Asian medium. You may have to modify it to fit you a little tighter, but I don't think it will be as big as a US medium. (I don't know this for a fact, but I'd be very surprised if it was as big as a US medium.)

EDIT: lol The listing actually says Asia M = US XS, so according to the seller, it should be pretty small.
__________________
Upcoming Costume List:
Barnaby Brooks Jr. (hero suit) - Tiger & Bunny - 85%
Armin - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 100%
Levi - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 100%
3DM Gear - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 90% (needs repairs)
Lux (classic skin) - League of Legends - 10%

Facebook || Tumblr

Last edited by Starlit Rose : 10-16-2013 at 11:48 PM.
Starlit Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2013, 12:19 AM   #326
xcvi
xcvi
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 163
@Starlit Rose yeah I just noticed that too! Thank you so much! This is perfect! I can live with the smaller patch on the back, it looks more completed than the screen printed ones. This literally saved my butt, now I have a chance at finishing BOTH cosplays in time. Thank you thank you thank you!
xcvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2013, 12:30 PM   #327
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage
 
Starlit Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcvi View Post
@Starlit Rose yeah I just noticed that too! Thank you so much! This is perfect! I can live with the smaller patch on the back, it looks more completed than the screen printed ones. This literally saved my butt, now I have a chance at finishing BOTH cosplays in time. Thank you thank you thank you!
You're welcome! I'm glad it's a good solution for you.
__________________
Upcoming Costume List:
Barnaby Brooks Jr. (hero suit) - Tiger & Bunny - 85%
Armin - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 100%
Levi - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 100%
3DM Gear - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 90% (needs repairs)
Lux (classic skin) - League of Legends - 10%

Facebook || Tumblr
Starlit Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2013, 09:49 PM   #328
AnimeViolinist
Registered User
 
AnimeViolinist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 174
Hey guys! Finally got into this anime (haven't read the manga yet, though I do know what happens so...).

I'm actually doing a Male!Mikasa, simply because I already have a wig and scarf for it from previous cosplays and personal clothing items.
Ah, I'm also planning on doing Sasha, so if anyone has any wig suggestions, that'd be great! I've had some really good experiences with Amazon dealers and the Five Wits but I'm still keeping my options open.
And just for laughs, I'll be Jean. And by Jean I mean I'll be wearing the Recon corps outfit and a horse head.

For Halloween I'll be doing female titan makeup, and just a quick closet cosplay.

I bought my jacket off of amazon, I can't remember the dealer off of the top of my head, but when it arrives I'll be sure to let you all know how it is! Unfortunately, the back is printed on. I was wondering if it would be possible to just buy a large patch and iron it on over top of the screen printed one?
AnimeViolinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 12:35 AM   #329
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor
 
Kell-chan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeViolinist View Post
And just for laughs, I'll be Jean. And by Jean I mean I'll be wearing the Recon corps outfit and a horse head.
I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO DO THIS.
__________________
Member of Bacon-Flavored Cosplay!
Facebook deviantART Twitter
Tumblr

Next con: SacAnime Winter (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 07:44 AM   #330
xcvi
xcvi
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeViolinist View Post
And just for laughs, I'll be Jean. And by Jean I mean I'll be wearing the Recon corps outfit and a horse head.
OMFG!! I've wanted to do this too! Wouldn't it be great to get a bunch of Jean horses together at a con? LOL xD Like an actual mass gathering of Jean horses.
xcvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:29 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.