Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1768 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-02-2013, 11:13 AM   #376
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Got my cape, jacket, and harness in the mail yesterday. Doubt I'll get pics today (should be setting up for a baby shower, ha), but I'm hoping tomorrow.

Cape and jacket are from here, harness is from here.

Fitting on the jacket is spot on. The cape is large enough to look appropriate, although if you're quite petite, I imagine it could look a touch big. All patches are embroidered. I believe they're iron-on, so I'll probably take a quick needle and thread to the corners just to reinforce it.

I haven't gotten the harness on, but the straps are quite nice and from what Starlit Rose said, I shouldn't have any issues with sizing. I bought large, and the waist belt is just slightly too small for my big-ass hips, but I have another belt that looks damn close that I'll use in lieu.

Next con: SacAnime Winter (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-02-2013, 03:15 PM   #377
mmmeggg
I do as I please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LluviaSarcasm View Post
And one dollar into the Bad-Half-Marco-Jokes-Box, if you please.
Man, making jokes costs you an arm and a leg around here.
Friday: Battle Bunny Riven (League of Legends)
Saturday: Kraehe (Swan Lake variation) (Princess Tutu)
Sunday: Meg Masters (Supernatural)

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.
I like RoosterTeeth, indie music and poetry, and American Spirit menthols.

Formerly Clementine.
mmmeggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2013, 08:18 PM   #378
LluviaSarcasm
Tall, Dark and Bishoujo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
Man, making jokes costs you an arm and a leg around here.
The box is gonna make me rich one day.

But on a funny side note, a friend of mine who's gonna cosplay Marco with me as Jean is actually planning on having a Bad-Marco-Joke-Fine-Box with her at a con.
Jokingly obviously.
She said she's gonna treat us all to the finest restaurant around with that money.
Looks like that foresight is about right.

Meh. Anyway, made Ymir's barette today. Or, more accurately, altered a really cheap one to look like hers.
In progress:
| Uta - 70%|
| Kaworu Nagisa - 60%| Seishuu Handa - 50%|
| Final Haikyuu Qest!Tooru Oikawa - 35%|
~ ♥ ~
| Tumblr | deviantART | WorldCosplay | Cure |
LluviaSarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2013, 03:55 PM   #379
mmmeggg
I do as I please.

The tracking information on my boots is saying they've been delivered, so I'm assuming they must be in the big box of the community mailbox. I can't wait to try them on! I'll post pictures when my parents get home and I can use one of their mail keys to go check the mail.

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.

Formerly Clementine.
Unread 11-05-2013, 04:48 AM   #380
stitchez

I'm def planning on getting Erwin, and maybe Annie for Fanime?, done as soon as funds allow! I wanted to premier Erwin at PMX since I had a wig I was able to chop up for him (i actually butchered it and added extension clips so that way i can hook it to my head and use my own brown buzzed hair for his undercut holla) but i lacked the funds to buy the patches or the boots so I just kinda am letting my jacket sit there half sewn with all the straps for my harness laying there just cut out haha.

Though my friends had a great idea since of our Elite 4 group only 1 of us even has the costume done (just the basics not the harness and gear) were gonna go to PMX in slacks and button ups and other such fancy wear and we bought some scouting legion pins off ebay that we'll stick to coat lapels or shirt pockets yeahhhhh. So fancy snk/mafia AU or smt. I'mm wear my fancy gold and silver bolo tie I've had for a while and suspenders~
  • Snake - Kuroshitsuji
  • Souda Kazuichi - SDR2
  • Carver Hawke - DA2
  • Bolin - LoK
ANIME CALIFORNIA 2014
  • Leon and/or Souda - DR/SDR2
  • ?????????
PMX 2014
  • Marco Bodtt - SNK
  • Secret Cosplay
  • something JoJo????
stitchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2013, 12:39 AM   #381
AnimeViolinist

Hey guys, I'm working on my Sasha cosplay and the big thing is the wig. I've found some options but was hoping for some input.

Option 1- I've never bought from them, but I really like this base wig in 'Dark Brown', and it's a really good price.

Option 2- I've bought from this seller at a con for my Mikasa wig, and it's a really nice quality for a good price. I was thinking of using this base wig.

For both of them, I'd use this clip on, I think.

If you guys have any suggestions though, that'd be great!
AnimeViolinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2013, 12:44 AM   #382
mmmeggg
I do as I please.

Got an e-mail today saying my Mikasa cosplay has shipped! It's currently in China so it'll be 2-4 weeks now until it comes. But at least it has tracking info so I can incessantly check where it is!

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.

Formerly Clementine.
Unread 11-07-2013, 11:31 AM   #383
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeViolinist View Post
Hey guys, I'm working on my Sasha cosplay and the big thing is the wig. I've found some options but was hoping for some input.

Option 1- I've never bought from them, but I really like this base wig in 'Dark Brown', and it's a really good price.

Option 2- I've bought from this seller at a con for my Mikasa wig, and it's a really nice quality for a good price. I was thinking of using this base wig.

I'd go with the Epic Cosplay wig, personally. It's a more expensive base, but I'd be afraid of the ponytail clip not matching the base of the other one. Plus, Epic Cosplay is a reputable store, whereas I've never heard of the other one myself, so to me that would be a risk.

---

Aauuurgh so I ordered a Levi wig from a Chinese seller on ebay. I've had good luck with Chinese sellers, and since the wig was cheap, I thought I'd take the gamble on a seller that I hadn't yet seen a real life photo of their wig.

Man, not only did they not mail the wig out until 10 days after the purchase (when I sent them an email asking why my tracking number didn't work), but it's taking a long time compared to the other Chinese sellers I've bought from recently. It's States-side now, but it's been bouncing all over the country, and now it's apparently out for delivery in a town that is an hour and 40 minutes away! Greeeaat. I just called the post office there to see if they could figure out how to get the package where it's supposed to go. Hopefully it wasn't mislabled with some Flint, TX address and that they can find it. Boo. I guess my good luck with Chinese sellers was bound to run out. At least I don't need the wig by any certain date. BAH

Sorry, needed to vent. >< I bought from sense-hair on ebay, so order from them with caution. :T

Good news is, my friends and I are almost done with our costumes (minus the gear). Our cloaks are finished; they just need to have a closure added. All that's left is taking in our boots/sewing the knee pieces lower, making the waist sashes, and a few small things that are optional (but would make things more efficient).
Levi - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 100%
3DM Gear - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 90% (needs repairs)
Lux (classic skin) - League of Legends - 10%

Facebook || Tumblr
Starlit Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2013, 07:49 PM   #384
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeViolinist View Post

I agree about going with the epic cosplay wig so you'll know for sure it'll be the same color as your ponytail clip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlit Rose View Post

Aauuurgh so I ordered a Levi wig from a Chinese seller on ebay. I've had good luck with Chinese sellers, and since the wig was cheap, I thought I'd take the gamble on a seller that I hadn't yet seen a real life photo of their wig.

Man, not only did they not mail the wig out until 10 days after the purchase (when I sent them an email asking why my tracking number didn't work), but it's taking a long time compared to the other Chinese sellers I've bought from recently. It's States-side now, but it's been bouncing all over the country, and now it's apparently out for delivery in a town that is an hour and 40 minutes away! Greeeaat. I just called the post office there to see if they could figure out how to get the package where it's supposed to go. Hopefully it wasn't mislabled with some Flint, TX address and that they can find it. Boo. I guess my good luck with Chinese sellers was bound to run out. At least I don't need the wig by any certain date. BAH

Sorry, needed to vent. >< I bought from sense-hair on ebay, so order from them with caution. :T

Good news is, my friends and I are almost done with our costumes (minus the gear). Our cloaks are finished; they just need to have a closure added. All that's left is taking in our boots/sewing the knee pieces lower, making the waist sashes, and a few small things that are optional (but would make things more efficient).
Oh I'm so sorry to hear about your Levi wig! :O I've heard that happen to a couple of people before it finally reached the person! The only bad thing I got from when I ordered from ebay was that one of my wigs came in a different color :\
-----

So I finally started to make a pattern for my jacket aaaaand so far I've only made a pattern for the sleeve part of the jacket.....if would be much easier if I ripped open all the seams of my jacket that I'm using to make the pattern and modify it but I don't want to ruin this jacket.....and this weather ain't helping me!!! :I well off to start making a pattern for the vest part.

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 85%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%
Ruby Rose 80% /Summer Rose - RWBY 90%[/color]

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Miltiades Malachite - RWBY
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill
Anastasia(Once Upon A December Dress) - Anastasia
Cerise Hood - EAH
Madeline Hatter - EAH
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2013, 08:29 PM   #385
identivity
formerly crosschord

Has anyone here that's on the taller side (5'9" or 10" and up) bought any boots and/or straps from any ebay sellers and have them fit properly?

I'm looking around at boots, and so far the boots that I'm seeing in stores are coming up just below the kneecap or under the knee. It's getting frustrating, and I'm looking at boots online, but I don't want to buy anything and have them come up too short on my leg (and I really don't want to add fabric to a boot or make bootcovers to make them look right).

Same goes for the harnesses. Has anyone that's tall bought them and have them fit properly? If so, where did you get them? Thanks for any help someone can give me!

I also make plushes and fandom pillows! Visit Sew Delightful on Storenvy and Etsy!

Upcoming Conventions!
Anime Los Angeles - January 2015
Fanime - May 2015

Costumes in Progress!
CC - Code Geass
Asami - Legend of Korra
School Uniform Pyrrha - RWBY
Senketsu Satsuki - Kill la Kill
identivity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 04:13 AM   #386
AnimeViolinist

Thanks for the input, lovelies! I'll keep you updated on what I decide and how it works out.

As for the straps and boots, I'm going to make boot covers. I found a really great tutorial, if anyone is interested. I already have knee high boots, so it will just go over those.

I am curious about the straps, however. I'm 5'10" and I don't want them to end up being too small/short.
AnimeViolinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 04:34 PM   #387
Hielostar
House of Hielo

Just had my pair of boots come in from here. I find that they are true to size and fit nicely around my calf. They came up to my knee (I'm 5'3").
Link (Adult) - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Hange Zoe - Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan
Rocket Grunt - Pokemon series
Hielostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 05:24 PM   #388
silver_wolf

On the note of boots, I found a pair at Forever 21 that works, when folded up. The dark brown online is slightly darker than in real life, it comes up to my knee (I'm 5'6") and are true to size.

silver_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 04:24 PM   #389
mmmeggg
I do as I please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosschord View Post
Has anyone here that's on the taller side (5'9" or 10" and up) bought any boots and/or straps from any ebay sellers and have them fit properly?

I'm looking around at boots, and so far the boots that I'm seeing in stores are coming up just below the kneecap or under the knee. It's getting frustrating, and I'm looking at boots online, but I don't want to buy anything and have them come up too short on my leg (and I really don't want to add fabric to a boot or make bootcovers to make them look right).

Same goes for the harnesses. Has anyone that's tall bought them and have them fit properly? If so, where did you get them? Thanks for any help someone can give me!
I'm 5'8" but I have RIDICULOUSLY long legs and the ones I bought from CoolCeptShoes on eBay come up above my knee just fine! I highly recommend them!

Just checked the tracking info on my Mikasa cosplay and it was in San Francisco on Monday, so it should be here literally ANY day now. I am SO excited.

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.

Formerly Clementine.

Last edited by mmmeggg : 11-13-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Unread 11-13-2013, 06:31 PM   #390
ShiroKanade
Yay Life Fibers

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosschord View Post

5'9...so I guess I'll be struggling with boots D:
ShiroKanade is offline   Reply With Quote