Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 24 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-15-2013, 06:56 AM   #61
My_Insanity
Barian Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by symph0ny View Post
Ummm so I was wondering...what's everyone here using to make the emblems on the jackets? I've only really had experience with transfer paper as far as putting logos and images on shirts and stuff eh heh heh
I used transfer paper for my logos as I also made the cape and embroidering an additional large one was not something I had time for as it was initially going to be worn at a con that I was running close to the date of, in truth I wouldn't have had enough time to do more than one of the smaller ones.
Looks wise they don't look bad, maybe a little flat but I would like to re-do them with embroidered ones in the future.
My_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-16-2013, 10:52 AM   #62
Conchobear

Quote:
Originally Posted by My_Insanity View Post
I used transfer paper for my logos as I also made the cape and embroidering an additional large one was not something I had time for as it was initially going to be worn at a con that I was running close to the date of, in truth I wouldn't have had enough time to do more than one of the smaller ones.
Looks wise they don't look bad, maybe a little flat but I would like to re-do them with embroidered ones in the future.
I am of the same opinion.
Conchobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 03:51 PM   #63
belligerent
Viking Metal

Is there any consensus on what material the uniform jacket is actually made from?
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Nephrite
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 12:30 PM   #64
Heimdall
Kufufufu no fu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simetra View Post
A guy i know recently posted a youtube tutorial on how he made his jean wig, if that helps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcWTW...ature=youtu.be
Oh wow thank you for that link, that helped a ton!

Quote:
Originally Posted by belligerent View Post
Is there any consensus on what material the uniform jacket is actually made from?
Personally I prefer a twill jacket rather than vinyl.

Friday
Marco Bodt (Shingeki No Kyoujin)
Saturday
Wiccan (Young Avengers)
Sunday
Nightwing (DC)
Heimdall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 07:41 PM   #65
My_Insanity
Barian Lord

Quote:
It's still pretty split. I've seen arguments from both side regarding leather (or vinyl for cosplayers) vs cotton based on waste of resources and crop space in universe. The official merch jackets are made of a heavy cotton fabric.
I personally prefer them not made from vinyl as I'm of the opinion that leather would be a more valued resource and when you're sending people to get killed, it's not something you want to waste like that. The jackets also appear to have more movement than leather would have when blown by the wind. I made mine from drill.
Unread 06-17-2013, 09:31 PM   #66
belligerent
Viking Metal

Yeah, I was thinking twill, as well. Good to know most people seem to be on the same page. (Less expensive than leather and easier to work with...)
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark
Unread 06-18-2013, 03:47 PM   #67
A Grue

Hey I ran into some SNK fans at colossalcon and was hoping to reunite with them here.

I WAS SASHA

I THINK YOUR NAMES WERE Amanda and Ryan? I think I wrote that down right.

You guys said you were planning something for Youmacon. Let's chat.
A Grue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 09:56 PM   #68
belligerent
Viking Metal

Is it okay if I use leather for the straps? The straps are the most important thing right i mean straps
Unread 06-19-2013, 11:48 PM   #69
My_Insanity
Barian Lord

Quote:
Is it okay if I use leather for the straps? The straps are the most important thing right i mean straps
I wouldn't imagine them being made from anything but leather. The boots too (I used vinyl for both). Those things take some pretty hefty beatings in series and the straps need to be mega-strong for what they're doing with them.
It's just the jackets that I've seen any argument/serious discussion over materials on.
Unread 06-20-2013, 02:47 AM   #70
Meredith

Trying to figure out the purpose of the brown skirt thing and also how the gear actually attaches. i thought it was part of the belt, but when Armin drops his gear (twice...) it comes off as three separate sections (fan, Lsheath and R sheath), even though both times he only undid a single latch. And even then with the manga's art style it's hard to tell exactly what the latch looks like.
Any ideas?
Meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 01:00 PM   #71
AngelicDragon

Quote:
I decided to go with duck cloth. It is a plain but strong woven cotton fabric commonly used for work clothes. And because it is heavy, durable, and tear resistant, I think it is also a good choice for battle clothing...
AngelicDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 07:08 PM   #72
orah257
Don't forget to smile! :D

Hey everyone pretty new to the forum! But I found some amazing AoT patches by Shushuwafflez! http://www.etsy.com/shop/shushuwafflez

So I hope this helps, I have recently bought mine, and they are beautiful. She can also do custom orders for large groups too.
orah257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 07:28 AM   #73
A Grue

Quote:
Originally Posted by orah257 View Post
Hey everyone pretty new to the forum! But I found some amazing AoT patches by Shushuwafflez! http://www.etsy.com/shop/shushuwafflez

So I hope this helps, I have recently bought mine, and they are beautiful. She can also do custom orders for large groups too.
Thank you! I'm so jealous of people with embroidery machines- this is a life saver.
A Grue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2013, 12:18 PM   #74
StabbityBlkMage
I eat emo kids.

Been working for 3 days and getting good results for my 2 sets of 3DMG so far. Hope to see everyone at AX!

If you want to copy my build I'm posting everything as I go on my Twitter, and will put the complete post (once it's done) on my blog.

http://i.imgur.com/X48Jqjll.jpg

Blogspot- Step by Step tutorials!
Facebook
Twitter - Day to day WIP!
Deviantart
StabbityBlkMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 07:33 PM   #75
SL3661

This guy made made the best 3dmg I've seen yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUr452RXJgw
SL3661 is offline   Reply With Quote