Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1761 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-01-2013, 12:36 AM   #76
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

If anyone is making their own costume and want to try to coordinate, the fabric for groups or gatherings, this is the fabric I'll be using for the jacket.
Mykaios is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-02-2013, 01:47 AM   #77
dooork

SOrry for digging up old thread but I'm wondering where everybody got their materials to make the stuff? I'm having trouble finding stuff for the harness stuff. It's made up of A LOT OF BELTS, does anybody know where to get a lot of belts without paying a fortune because they come with a fancy buckle or something :<
dooork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 10:25 AM   #78
nikkiolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooork View Post
SOrry for digging up old thread but I'm wondering where everybody got their materials to make the stuff? I'm having trouble finding stuff for the harness stuff. It's made up of A LOT OF BELTS, does anybody know where to get a lot of belts without paying a fortune because they come with a fancy buckle or something :<
I have a leather store near me where I can buy straps of leather and you can make your own belts. It may be a little cheaper. They would also have buckles, studs, and a leather punch.

Next cons:
Sakuracon '14
Kumoricon '14
Newcon '14
nikkiolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 01:55 AM   #79
dooork

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiolie View Post
I have a leather store near me where I can buy straps of leather and you can make your own belts. It may be a little cheaper. They would also have buckles, studs, and a leather punch.
Err sadly the only leather store in my country is located reaaaally up north, but I found a 2-dollar shop that sells 3-dollar belts, which is quite cheap for me. I spent a few hours last night trying to figure out how the belts even worked and I'm actually quite happy with the result lol! I think I'll buy the jacket, but everything else seems plausible to do
dooork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 12:00 AM   #80
MeliZbeauty
MeliZbeauty

Anyone going to SDCC?

My Cons:
Anime Conji, Anime Expo, SDCC , Anime California
MeliZbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 07:05 AM   #81
A Grue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykaios View Post
If anyone is making their own costume and want to try to coordinate, the fabric for groups or gatherings, this is the fabric I'll be using for the jacket.
This is the same fabric I used! I highly recommend it for people going the fabric route for theirjackets (as opposed to leather).
A Grue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 09:38 PM   #82
Cameron1138
Kingslayer

After watching the season finale last night I'm feeling very strong urges to cosplay Levi, mainly because I love his cloak and scarf and I think I could pull off his hair with a bit of colored gel, and also because he's a total bad@$$.

In progress: Booker Dewitt (Bioshock Infinite) - 90%; Steampunk'd Han Solo (Star Wars) - 98%; Connor Kenway (Assassin's Creed III) - 30%; Max Rockatansky (Mad Max series) - 35%; Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier (Captain America: TWS) - planning

Future: Mal Reynolds (improved), Jaime Lannister (GoT)
Cameron1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 11:15 PM   #83
belligerent
Viking Metal

Sword progress. Still have a bit to do on this one, and a whole second blade. Would like to eventually make nicer ones, but these will work for ota.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 10:28 AM   #84
MeliZbeauty
MeliZbeauty

it looks pretty awesome so far

My Cons:
Anime Conji, Anime Expo, SDCC , Anime California
MeliZbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 04:38 PM   #85
E. Hyde
likes synthetic fibers

There's something I haven't been able to figure out with the straps and the brown skirt--the skirt looks like it covers some of the straps, but is underneath the main belt? How does that work? I thought the belt was part of the harness system but is it separate?

Currently working on:
Visas Marr -- KotOR II
Al (armor) -- FMA Brotherhood
Mara Jade -- Star Wars EU
Loki -- The Avengers
E. Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 04:53 PM   #86
StabbityBlkMage
I eat emo kids.

Here is my completed 3DMG tutorial. GL to you guys!

http://junkerscosplay.blogspot.com/2...r-christa.html

Blogspot- Step by Step tutorials!
Facebook
Twitter - Day to day WIP!
Deviantart
StabbityBlkMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 07:49 PM   #87
E. Hyde
likes synthetic fibers

That's really awesome, thanks for sharing!

Currently working on:
Visas Marr -- KotOR II
Al (armor) -- FMA Brotherhood
Mara Jade -- Star Wars EU
Loki -- The Avengers
E. Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 11:59 AM   #88
Lt. Crunch

Thanks so much for posting your tutorial! I will be Armin at Anime Nebraskon in November. I know one of my friends will be Eren, but we're still trying to get more people. This thread has been really helpful!

I'm glad other people are using twill or other non-vinyl fabrics. I've seen people on other cosplay sites, as well as this one, look down on cosplayers for not using vinyl. I think I am going to use duck or twill, depending on what I can find in the right color and in my price range. The color is so frustrating because it seems to vary a lot.

Looking forward seeing everyone's completed cosplays!

In-Progress: Aigis (Persona 3)

Future: Alice Malvin (Pumpkin Scissors)

Future Cons: Anime Nebraskon 2013
Lt. Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 01:20 PM   #89
nikkiolie

I feel that one day when I make my jacket I would almost want to make it out suede leather.

I'm excited to get my gear done though. The tutorial is helpful. Thanks for posting it :3

Next cons:
Sakuracon '14
Kumoricon '14
Newcon '14
nikkiolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2013, 02:22 PM   #90
Yujin

Wow that is a crazy process @_@; I really want to cosplay a generic scouting legion soldier (no character in particular) but know I will never get my hands on a 3Dmg haha. u_u Aside from household things like shirt/pants/shoes I could find, I'd need to buy a jacket + belt/harness thing since I wouldn't be able to make it myself.

All these amazing cosplays are both deterring and motivating me to want to cosplay Shingeki xD
Yujin is offline   Reply With Quote