Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1762 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-29-2014, 10:47 PM   #961
allycat6247

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmemy View Post
For my cloak? I bought the same size patch that I used for my jacket, because I wanted them to match. Here's the store I bought it from! I can take pictures of the back of the cloak too, if you want to see what it looks like with the patch on.

Also, the good thing about these uniforms is you can do both Hanji (or Hange :P) /and/ Sasha if you want. Especially because they practically have the same wig. Just switch out the shirt and you're good.
Right that's what I'm thinking too. I have brown hair and I have it cut kind of like Claire Redfield (cosplay as her too) and her and Sasha kind of have the same hairstyle.
allycat6247 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-01-2014, 07:36 PM   #962
Elycium
Applique ate my soul

The store Schmemy linked to has wonderful patches. If you're thinking about doing your own uniform at all, just order the set, since its cheaper for all of the patches that way. If you're buying your uniform, no need to worry then. But the quality of the patches from that store is awesome
Unread 08-01-2014, 08:59 PM   #963
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elycium View Post
The store Schmemy linked to has wonderful patches. If you're thinking about doing your own uniform at all, just order the set, since its cheaper for all of the patches that way. If you're buying your uniform, no need to worry then. But the quality of the patches from that store is awesome
I have those patches and I recommend putting fabric glue on them. I tried simply ironing them on but they eventually started peeling off. Tacky fabric glue has made them stay on permanently.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler) -Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2014, 11:11 PM   #964
Lazy Villain
Meh...Evil can wait

My harness has caused me SO MUCH headache and part of me really just wants to say screw it. They just don't fit right at all, my legs aren't thick enough so it looks really awkward when I bend or walk. I can't sew at all but my idea was to cut the belt pieces up and have them super glued to my pants while I'm in them. Anyone think this is viable?
Lazy Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2014, 11:23 PM   #965
schmemy
shh-meh-mee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
I have those patches and I recommend putting fabric glue on them. I tried simply ironing them on but they eventually started peeling off. Tacky fabric glue has made them stay on permanently.
Yeah, mine are machine stitched into place. The bigger patches especially won't stay with just ironing. :>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Villain View Post
My harness has caused me SO MUCH headache and part of me really just wants to say screw it. They just don't fit right at all, my legs aren't thick enough so it looks really awkward when I bend or walk. I can't sew at all but my idea was to cut the belt pieces up and have them super glued to my pants while I'm in them. Anyone think this is viable?
Seems like a dangerous idea because the belts will want to flex and contract depending on if you're sitting, kneeling, or standing. Have you thought about just punching new holes in the belts to make them tighter or is it more complicated than that? :[

Anime Weekend Atlanta
Mako Mankanshoku (PJs) | Satsuki Kiryuin (Override) | Satsuki Kiryuin (Credits) | Bertholdt Fubar
Geek Media Expo
Mami Tomoe | Ymir | Satsuki Kiryuin (Override)
Shadocon
Zuko | Ymir | Bertholdt Fubar | Rei Ryugazaki
Yama-con
Dagger | Ymir

Last edited by schmemy : 08-01-2014 at 11:26 PM.
schmemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2014, 08:08 AM   #966
Elycium
Applique ate my soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
I just stitched all the patches down for mine, but that's a habit I got into when I was in the fire department, because their patches never stayed on with just ironing, lol.
Unread 08-02-2014, 03:58 PM   #967
BuonoTomato!
Mituna, King of Pigeons

@Lazy Villain I cosplay Marco, and I kinda just ended up screwing my leg straps because they were too tight and really annoying...so I just wear my top straps.

@Elycium I love your profile pic! X3
Character CD England: Hetalia
~Cosplays in Progress: Some are on hiatus for time being due to money & the back-to-school hassle~
Russia: Hetalia (80%)
Romano: Hetalia (20%)
Envy: Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (10%)
Erisolsprite: Homestuck (50%)
QT: Space Dandy (20%)
BuonoTomato! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2014, 12:08 PM   #968
Lazy Villain
Meh...Evil can wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmemy View Post
Yeah, mine are machine stitched into place. The bigger patches especially won't stay with just ironing. :>

Seems like a dangerous idea because the belts will want to flex and contract depending on if you're sitting, kneeling, or standing. Have you thought about just punching new holes in the belts to make them tighter or is it more complicated than that? :[
If I go along with it, I'm only doing the parts that will be visible once the skirt and boots are on. The 2 horizontal thigh straps and the y shaped one that runs down the front & back. I don't know this for sure, but I'd assume it would be alright since it's not completely running down my leg.
Lazy Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2014, 01:37 PM   #969
TaliaRosalie
I am AWESOME OTTER.

I have to make the jackets for Wings of Counterattack. =__=;;

I'm not that skilled yet.

And as far as Christa's red evening gown goes? Yeah. No. I'm commissioning that.
Red Mage - FF Tactics Advance/A2
Porom - FFIV
Jinx - LoL
WoCA Evening Gown - Christa Renz - SnK
WoCA Red Jacket, Blue Jacket - Christa Renz - SnK
Christmas Hungary - APH
Christmas Christa Renz - SnK

Upcoming Cons & Cosplays:
Holiday Matsuri 2014 - X-Mas Hungary; WoCA: Christa Renz - Red Jacket, Blue Jacket, Evening Gown; X-Mas Christa Renz
MegaCon 2015 - TBA
MetroCon 2015 - TBA
TaliaRosalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2014, 04:37 PM   #970
AgentTexas
MY WIGS

Wow, this thread is really dead...

Er, I got my fabrics today from Joann's. A yellow-ish fabric to make Eren's shirt, silk for Levi's cravat and some white fabric so I can do cleaning!Levi and Eren in the future! Very pleased with shipping, although they did cancel some parts of my order, even though it was in stock when I ordered. B|

Facebook - Tumblr

-Cons 2015

Ohayocon
Shumatsucon
Colossalcon
Matsuricon
(maybe)Katsucon

-Cosplays

Hanji Zoe - Attack On Titan, 80% (need wig)
School Girl Rukia Kuchiki - Bleach, 0% (not yet started)
Armin Arlert - Attack On Titan, 100%
Levi Ackerman - Attack On Titan, 100%
Eren Jaeger - Attack On Titan, 70% (making shirt)
Taiga Aisaka - Toradora!, 15%(planning)
Ciel Phantomhive - Black Butler, 10%(planning even more)
Nagisa Hazuki - 10% (planning for Colossalcon)
AgentTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2014, 11:54 PM   #971
Scorpio8116

I feel like there's kind of a lull going on since a lot of conventions just passed... or maybe that's just me, since I haven't been on this site for like a month. BUT now I'm hopefully preparing for another convention in the fall, so it's time to go back and improve my cosplay!

I was having trouble with my belts when I first wore them to a convention, but my mom got the idea of buying thick brown thread and, using a fairly big needle, threading it a couple times through my pants and the belts. It was actually really comfy wearing the belts after that! I could walk around knowing they wouldn't fall, and I had also used some safety pins to pin the top of the leg belts to the waist belt. That way when I went to the restroom, all I had to do was unpin 4 safety pins and tuck the belt ends in my boots.

To make my cosplay better, I'm gonna buy a wig instead of using my own hair because my hair is way too finicky to keep it from spazzing out all day. I've checked out Arda Wigs, Epic Cosplay, and The Five Wits and I still haven't really found what I"m looking for. Does anyone have other recommendations for good wig shops?
Scorpio8116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2014, 05:10 PM   #972
AgentTexas
MY WIGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio8116 View Post
I feel like there's kind of a lull going on since a lot of conventions just passed... or maybe that's just me, since I haven't been on this site for like a month. BUT now I'm hopefully preparing for another convention in the fall, so it's time to go back and improve my cosplay!

I was having trouble with my belts when I first wore them to a convention, but my mom got the idea of buying thick brown thread and, using a fairly big needle, threading it a couple times through my pants and the belts. It was actually really comfy wearing the belts after that! I could walk around knowing they wouldn't fall, and I had also used some safety pins to pin the top of the leg belts to the waist belt. That way when I went to the restroom, all I had to do was unpin 4 safety pins and tuck the belt ends in my boots.

To make my cosplay better, I'm gonna buy a wig instead of using my own hair because my hair is way too finicky to keep it from spazzing out all day. I've checked out Arda Wigs, Epic Cosplay, and The Five Wits and I still haven't really found what I"m looking for. Does anyone have other recommendations for good wig shops?
You could look on eBay? HarukazeCosplayWigs.com is good but expensive and they have very character specific wigs. Who are you cosplaying? That would help. I know some people like amazon too.

Facebook - Tumblr

-Cons 2015

Ohayocon
Shumatsucon
Colossalcon
Matsuricon
(maybe)Katsucon

-Cosplays

Hanji Zoe - Attack On Titan, 80% (need wig)
School Girl Rukia Kuchiki - Bleach, 0% (not yet started)
Armin Arlert - Attack On Titan, 100%
Levi Ackerman - Attack On Titan, 100%
Eren Jaeger - Attack On Titan, 70% (making shirt)
Taiga Aisaka - Toradora!, 15%(planning)
Ciel Phantomhive - Black Butler, 10%(planning even more)
Nagisa Hazuki - 10% (planning for Colossalcon)
AgentTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2014, 11:41 AM   #973
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

It's been a loooong time since I last posted on here but anyways~

Here's what the mock up of my skirt for my ballgown dress for my Queen Mikasa cosplay looks like while I'm wearing the hoop skirt! With the actual fabric, the flower print will actually be red and the rest will be in black! I'm gonna have to start working on the bodice soon
http://scontent-a.cdninstagram.com/h...31142716_n.jpg

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 65%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Judy Skellington - Nightmare before Christmas 10%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Nonon Jakuzure - Kill La Kill 5%
Ruby Rose/Blake Belladonna - RWBY 10%

Petra Ral (angel ver.)- AoT
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill

Queen Serenity - Sailor Moon
Vergil(genderbent): DMC:5

Last edited by LinkPwnsGanon : 08-21-2014 at 11:36 PM.
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2014, 11:01 AM   #974
schmemy
shh-meh-mee

I keep looking for ways to improve my uniform and one of the biggest things that was standing out was how baggy my boots were around my toothpick calves.

So right now I'm working on fixing that. I was originally going to take them to a cobbler and actually have them restitched but there's literally one place where I live in TN that could do that, and it's wicked expensive. I had also thought about buying actual leather riding boots, but I couldn't find any that were even remotely correct that weren't $400. I might still do that if I can find some for under $150 in the future, but since I want to wear this cosplay again in the next couple months, I decided that for now I'll work with what I have.

So what I ended up trying is folding the back seam of the boots in on itself and E6000ing it shut. Then I binder clipped the fold and waited around 24 hours for it to dry. It's working out surprisingly well! After they're all fitted, I'm going to use some goo gone to remove the excess glue that spilled out between the fold. Then, I'll use some matte black acrylic to distress them and make them look less new. I'd also like to use some worbla or other strong plastic-like thing to make the top flaps stick out. It's fun being at this part of the creation process because I get to be super nitpicky about these stupid things.

Just thought I'd share in case anyone else was displeased with how their boots fit haha

Anime Weekend Atlanta
Mako Mankanshoku (PJs) | Satsuki Kiryuin (Override) | Satsuki Kiryuin (Credits) | Bertholdt Fubar
Geek Media Expo
Mami Tomoe | Ymir | Satsuki Kiryuin (Override)
Shadocon
Zuko | Ymir | Bertholdt Fubar | Rei Ryugazaki
Yama-con
Dagger | Ymir

schmemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2014, 05:24 AM   #975
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

I bought one of those Alpacasso Corps plushies. They're popular among lolitas so I thought this would go great with my lolita!Annie.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler) -Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote