Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1762 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-15-2013, 09:59 AM   #91
nikkiolie

I got quite a bit of work done on my swords yesterday. I hope today to be able to almost finish them up, with the exception of some little details. I will get the blades painted. All that will be left is adding the raised detailing at the end of the handle. I just hope my plasti-dip is still in good condition and not solid x.x

Next cons:
Sakuracon '14
Kumoricon '14
Newcon '14
nikkiolie is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-16-2013, 02:55 AM   #92
rj_sosongco
Rated R for Radical!

Been getting some photos back of my Eren Jaeger cosplay from AX...

http://photo.cosplay.com/96836/3408774.jpg

http://photo.cosplay.com/96836/3408776.jpg

http://photo.cosplay.com/96836/3408777.jpg
rj_sosongco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 05:43 PM   #93
Hearthem
Behbehfish

Anyone have a trusted seller for the uniform? the harness gear? I'm going to do the 3dmg myself since it's so expensive everywhere and I'd be terrified if it broke during shipping.
Hearthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 12:15 AM   #94
Christie
World is Russian's!

Hello! I have recently taken on the task of organizing a 6-7 person group for Anime North 2014, and I was wondering if anyone here has any suggestions on patterns to use for the jackets? I saw on /cgl/ They recommended Kwik-Sew K3534, but I was wondering if there were any other options out there.

It's been a while since I cosplayed, but here I go again.

Future plans: Amethyst [Steven Universe], 2p Canako [designed by spacedrunk], Hanji Zoe [Attack on Titan]
Christie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 09:23 AM   #95
Lt. Crunch

Those of you who used transfer paper for your emblems-did you transfer the emblems to white fabric and then cut them out and attach them to the jackets? I've never used transfer paper before.

In-Progress: Aigis (Persona 3)

Future: Alice Malvin (Pumpkin Scissors)

Future Cons: Anime Nebraskon 2013
Lt. Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 10:54 AM   #96
E. Hyde
likes synthetic fibers

I haven't used transfer paper for this yet, but I've used it for other things (I assume you're talking about the iron-on stuff you use with a printer?) It comes in opaque and transparent versions, so if you wanted to transfer directly to the jacket you'd have to get opaque. Putting the design on white fabric first and then attaching that to the jacket might be a bit easier and also would end up looking more like a patch/applique if that's the look you're trying to reproduce. They make sheets of fabric you can put through an inkjet printer, too. I found printable white twill at JoAnn's which would probably be a nice weight for making patches.

Currently working on:
Visas Marr -- KotOR II
Al (armor) -- FMA Brotherhood
Mara Jade -- Star Wars EU
Loki -- The Avengers
E. Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 11:33 AM   #97
Lt. Crunch

Awesome, thanks!

In-Progress: Aigis (Persona 3)

Future: Alice Malvin (Pumpkin Scissors)

Future Cons: Anime Nebraskon 2013
Lt. Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2013, 10:29 PM   #98
TK10rox

I'm going to cosplay Annie and the 3DMG is a must. I was wondering how did you guys connect the boxes to your legs and also the gas releasing thingy (ya know, the thing on the back...these are technical terms) to you back? I can't seem to think of a solution.

I also saw some of you say you used iron on emblems. Did it look bad though? I don't have an embroidery machine so I'd have to sew it or buy it...
AnimeNEXT 2014

Asuna Yuuki
Lightning
Sebastian Michaelis
Annie Leonhardt

TK10rox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2013, 10:35 PM   #99
Conchobear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK10rox View Post
I'm going to cosplay Annie and the 3DMG is a must. I was wondering how did you guys connect the boxes to your legs and also the gas releasing thingy (ya know, the thing on the back...these are technical terms) to you back? I can't seem to think of a solution.

I also saw some of you say you used iron on emblems. Did it look bad though? I don't have an embroidery machine so I'd have to sew it or buy it...
Ok so for the sheaths I made a keyhole metal device thingy that I put through my belt and had a screw on the sheaths that fell into the keyhole. I then had a strap going from the back of the sheath to the thing on the back. I did the same thing with the thing on the back. I screwed a metal plate into my back straps and that has a keyhole as well that the backpack thing goes into.

For the emblem, an actual patch would look awesome but I feel like mine was decent with iron on. Check my profile, I have the picture on there somewhere if you want a reference. I'm thinking about buying the emblem and making my jacket better when I have the time.
Conchobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 04:33 AM   #100
Septi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj_sosongco View Post
lol at the last photo xD
Septi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 12:03 PM   #101
nikkiolie

Quote:

I am going to use magnets to attach the scabbards to my legs. One on the inside of the scabbard and the other on the inside of my pants. So far it holds the weight really well, just the back of the scabbards drop. I still need to attach the cord from the end to the cylinder gas thing on the back so that will keep the end of the scabbard from dropping

As for the cylinder gas thin on my back mine is very light weight and attached to a thin strip of plastic that goes around my waist where the anchor shooters will be attached. It looks like a strip of velcro on each side will be enough to hold it.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...33356292_n.jpg
Here you can see the plastic that will wrap around my hips.

Next cons:
Sakuracon '14
Kumoricon '14
Newcon '14
nikkiolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 10:24 PM   #102
Cameron1138
Kingslayer

I'm having trouble with Levi's neckwear... what exactly is it? I can't tell if it's an ascot/cravat, or a scarf, or what.

In progress: Booker Dewitt (Bioshock Infinite) - 90%; Steampunk'd Han Solo (Star Wars) - 98%; Connor Kenway (Assassin's Creed III) - 30%; Max Rockatansky (Mad Max series) - 35%; Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier (Captain America: TWS) - planning

Future: Mal Reynolds (improved), Jaime Lannister (GoT)
Cameron1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2013, 04:34 AM   #103
dvt
Luffy D. Freeks

DAT FEEL WHEN LEVI IS MY HEIGHT

^_^vvvvv

cant wait to cosplay him!
dvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 08:55 AM   #104
A Grue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron1138 View Post
I'm having trouble with Levi's neckwear... what exactly is it? I can't tell if it's an ascot/cravat, or a scarf, or what.
It's a jabot (although a "ruffled cravat" or "ruffled ascot" in google search will get you what you need just as easily). I've seen a few jabots for sale as halloween or pirate costumes, or as 18th century reenactment wear, if you're not the sewing type. Good luck!

EDIT: Or if you prefer, here's a pattern to make your own!
A Grue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 05:45 PM   #105
Cameron1138
Kingslayer

Quote:

It might not work if you make your 3DMG out of a heavier material (I'm mostly using cardboard and chrome duct tape), but I'm just putting belt loops on all the individual pieces and having them hang from a belt.

As for iron on emblems, they're SUPER expensive (the big ones for the back that is). Like, more expensive than just buying a jacket would be. I was going to try to make a jacket until I learned that the patches alone would cost more than buying one. You can find jackets for great prices on eBay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Grue View Post
It's a jabot (although a "ruffled cravat" or "ruffled ascot" in google search will get you what you need just as easily). I've seen a few jabots for sale as halloween or pirate costumes, or as 18th century reenactment wear, if you're not the sewing type. Good luck!

EDIT: Or if you prefer, here's a pattern to make your own!
Thanks for the help!

In progress: Booker Dewitt (Bioshock Infinite) - 90%; Steampunk'd Han Solo (Star Wars) - 98%; Connor Kenway (Assassin's Creed III) - 30%; Max Rockatansky (Mad Max series) - 35%; Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier (Captain America: TWS) - planning

Future: Mal Reynolds (improved), Jaime Lannister (GoT)
Cameron1138 is offline   Reply With Quote