Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Otakon

Unread 05-29-2013, 06:08 PM   #16
FamigliaCOSPLAY
Vongola Generation X

Pretty good list we got going on.

Unread 06-06-2013, 03:23 PM   #17
ToastWeasel
Haters Gonna Hate

Hey, all. I'll be cosplaying "Malinda" (aka the FIre Ferret Fan cosplaying Korra in like, episode 3 or something) and I'll also be bringing back Commander/Uncle BUMI complete with fuzzy pink earmuffs! Hopefully I can wear him for more than the private shoot I have planned but if it gets too hot I'm gonna have to take him off (he's four layers, long pants, and boots, plus wig and beard. I can't do heat in him).

Anyway, are we gonna have shoots this year? Need to know. Can help run! If yes, may I suggest morning/evening shoots so we all don't BAKE? Preferably 6 or later for evening shoots, and 8AM or before for morning shoots. Trust me on that one.
Cosplays: Commander Bumi [Legend of Korra], Malinda/Fire Ferret Fan Cosplaying Korra [Legend of Korra], Spock [Star Trek], 2P!Fem!Cop!Prussia [Hetalia: Axis Powers], Cosplay Medic Corpsman [Original]
Current WIP: Spock, Commander Bumi, Malinda
New Cosplays Planned for '13: Spock, Malinda
ToastWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #18
shipszer
Om nom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToastWeasel View Post
Hey, all. I'll be cosplaying "Malinda" (aka the FIre Ferret Fan cosplaying Korra in like, episode 3 or something) and I'll also be bringing back Commander/Uncle BUMI complete with fuzzy pink earmuffs! Hopefully I can wear him for more than the private shoot I have planned but if it gets too hot I'm gonna have to take him off (he's four layers, long pants, and boots, plus wig and beard. I can't do heat in him).

Anyway, are we gonna have shoots this year? Need to know. Can help run! If yes, may I suggest morning/evening shoots so we all don't BAKE? Preferably 6 or later for evening shoots, and 8AM or before for morning shoots. Trust me on that one.
I agree I would love to see something done, and I can also help run I won't have too much of a problem baking though other than my heavy wig haha but ty is a pretty good costume for the weather but most will be dressed heavy
Unread 06-07-2013, 10:17 PM   #19
girlrobot

I'll be cosplaying Azula with my two friends as Mai and Ty Lee!

Would everyone be all right with a later meet on Saturday? I won't be in Azula until later in the evening (starting around 4pm). So I was thinking maybe a meet at 5pm at the indoor fountains? Nobody seems to be using that spot for a meet around that time on Saturday.
girlrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 11:19 PM   #20
ToastWeasel
Haters Gonna Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlrobot View Post
I'll be cosplaying Azula with my two friends as Mai and Ty Lee!

Would everyone be all right with a later meet on Saturday? I won't be in Azula until later in the evening (starting around 4pm). So I was thinking maybe a meet at 5pm at the indoor fountains? Nobody seems to be using that spot for a meet around that time on Saturday.
Ngl, indoor fountains is a kinda crappy place for a photoshoot, cause that area is always loud and you can't hear the calls, plus if there are too many people shoots block the escalators and all that jazz. But it's INSIDE, which I think is the most important part.

Last year we did a sunset 7PM-ish shoot outside on the terrace, which wasn't too bad heat wise as I remember, but I don't know about the lighting. I didn't take pictures so I can't speak for that.
Cosplays: Commander Bumi [Legend of Korra], Malinda/Fire Ferret Fan Cosplaying Korra [Legend of Korra], Spock [Star Trek], 2P!Fem!Cop!Prussia [Hetalia: Axis Powers], Cosplay Medic Corpsman [Original]
Unread 06-08-2013, 08:38 AM   #21
girlrobot

Quote:
Ngl, indoor fountains is a kinda crappy place for a photoshoot, cause that area is always loud and you can't hear the calls, plus if there are too many people shoots block the escalators and all that jazz. But it's INSIDE, which I think is the most important part.

Last year we did a sunset 7PM-ish shoot outside on the terrace, which wasn't too bad heat wise as I remember, but I don't know about the lighting. I didn't take pictures so I can't speak for that.
Hopefully the lights will be on on the terrace by then. I'm down with a 7pm shoot at the terrace
girlrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 11:47 AM   #22
shipszer
Om nom

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlrobot View Post
Hopefully the lights will be on on the terrace by then. I'm down with a 7pm shoot at the terrace
That should be fine by me I don't really have any plans set out yet
Unread 06-09-2013, 08:46 PM   #23
FamigliaCOSPLAY
Vongola Generation X

@ToastedWeasel A shoot sounds cool. As far as I know, there isn't one set up yet. I have no experience running them, so you're more than welcome to take over if you want to.
Unread 06-10-2013, 08:40 AM   #24
ToastWeasel
Haters Gonna Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamigliaCOSPLAY View Post
@ToastedWeasel A shoot sounds cool. As far as I know, there isn't one set up yet. I have no experience running them, so you're more than welcome to take over if you want to.
I ran them all last year, and I've run SE and Hetalia and god knows what else for the past six years. I've got my fair share of experience, lol.

Before I go reserve the space, do we want one Friday night, same time and location, or no?
Unread 06-12-2013, 10:23 PM   #25
shipszer
Om nom

Quote:
I ran them all last year, and I've run SE and Hetalia and god knows what else for the past six years. I've got my fair share of experience, lol.

Before I go reserve the space, do we want one Friday night, same time and location, or no?
You probably don't need much help but I can help where as needed as I'm experienced with shoots. I think it might be a good idea if we could have some turnout but I don't know it depends on the amount of interest I'm not sure what times I'm wearing what yet
Unread 06-20-2013, 11:51 AM   #26
westen182
Madame Terra Lupus

I will be doing Fire Nation Katara with my boyfriend as Fire Nation Aang on Friday morning/early afternoon.
And then on Sunday I will be doing Korra with my boyfriend as Mako, my friend BolinAnswers as Bolin and his girlfriend as Asami ((possibly? Not sure if she is going yet)) all day

I'd love to meet up with people at the photoshoots but not sure if I'll make the friday one sadly :\
I take commissions for props and various accessories. I also have an information post, posted in the marketplace. I also do photo shoots at the conventions I attend. (Westen Photography). If interested please PM me and I can provide further details on either. Thank you!

Upcoming cons:

Philly Comic Con '14
Otakon '14

Currently working on:

Honey - Space Dandy
Nagisa - Free!
Ryuko Matoi - Kill La Kill
westen182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 06:36 PM   #27
FamigliaCOSPLAY
Vongola Generation X

We probably wouldn't be able to make it to the Friday one, but you guys are more than welcome to do it.
Unread 06-26-2013, 01:21 PM   #28
inuyashasgurl
Animekitten

im cosplaying as toph earth bending bath house
Somewhere There's someone who dreams of your smile.....Finds that In your prescence Life is worth while.....So when You're Lonely Remember It's true someone somewhere dreams of you.That someone is me.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...?id=1600075440
inuyashasgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 08:22 PM   #29
shipszer
Om nom

So are we setting any times?
Unread 07-09-2013, 07:45 PM   #30
komoririn

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamigliaCOSPLAY View Post
Cool!. We'll be bringing a Sokka,Zuko,Toph,Katara, and Jet so far, with a few TBA. It would be great if we could find an Aang.
My little brother is now coming with me to the con.
He's twelve, adopted Chinese, and a big Avatar fan.
In fact, he's such a big Avatar fan that he'll be shaving his head and painting a blue arrow on it.
He makes a great Aang!

If anyone was at Zenkaikon on Saturday, you may have seen him.
komoririn is offline   Reply With Quote