Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > Steampunk

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-17-2013, 08:24 PM   #1
BettieVonB
BettieVonB

Otakon 2013

Hey everyone! Do any of you plan to attend Otakon this year in Baltimore? I'd like to go and being that I enjoy the steampunk style I'd LOVE to do a steam punk version of something Japanese. The only catch is I don't really know anything about Anime or any of that. I watched Sailor Moon when I was a kid but that's about the extent of it. Can anyone recommend a smart, sexy, interesting female for me to check out? (Wow that sounds like a creeper question!)

Thanks!
BettieVonB is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-21-2013, 05:15 PM   #2
Scorpion89
The Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettieVonB View Post
Hey everyone! Do any of you plan to attend Otakon this year in Baltimore? I'd like to go and being that I enjoy the steampunk style I'd LOVE to do a steam punk version of something Japanese. The only catch is I don't really know anything about Anime or any of that. I watched Sailor Moon when I was a kid but that's about the extent of it. Can anyone recommend a smart, sexy, interesting female for me to check out? (Wow that sounds like a creeper question!)

Thanks!
Old School or New School stuff and yes we have a very large sie Steampunk turn out at Otakon
Unread 04-23-2013, 08:51 PM   #3
BettieVonB
BettieVonB

I'm open to checking out anything!
BettieVonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 02:11 PM   #4
Ironhill

Last Exile, Steamboy, and Samuri 7 all have Steampunk elements in them.

Sophia Forrester might be a good choice. As the XO of the Silvana, she is in military uniform. But when she is recalled to the Court, she appears in elegant dresses as Princess Sophia. You could go in either direction depending on your individual tastes.

Usually, I wear my Steampunk on Sunday when the Steampunk panel is. There are always a good turnout and the outfits are awesome.

Last edited by Ironhill : 04-26-2013 at 02:44 PM.
Ironhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 05:13 PM   #5
iamthelain

I will be wearing my steampunk garb for at least one day at otakon and would love to go to the group photo and meetup. Has a day, time and place been picked?
Unread 07-09-2013, 08:37 AM   #6
bunnielove
BunnieLove

I personally love Cowboy Bebop, and I think a steampunked Julia or Faye Valentine could really give you space to let your creative juices flow, although their color schemes might conflict with any garb you already have. Also consider comic book characters, I really enjoy seeing the Batman trifecta (Harley, Catwoman, Poison Ivy). Code Geass has a beautiful aesthetic as well, although not steampunk.
Asuna (SAO) -15%
Max Gibson (Batman Beyond)- 15%
Zantanna- 10%
Kirigiri Kyouko- 5%
bunnielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 09:17 AM   #7
IndyJones
IndyJokerJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthelain View Post
I will be wearing my steampunk garb for at least one day at otakon and would love to go to the group photo and meetup. Has a day, time and place been picked?
I didn't see anything in the Otakon forum so I made a thread for it. Feel free to chime in. http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=326139
IndyJones is offline   Reply With Quote