Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Other Reviews

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-07-2013, 02:27 PM   #1
FadingFall

Question Unsure about some sites to order a cosplay from

Hello~! I know I am brand new, so, I am obviously a new one to cosplaying. My friends really enjoy it, and after Dragon*Con, I have decided I want to do it as well~! I have read the rules, so I am pretty sure this belongs here, if not, then I am very sorry.

I am trying to get my first cosplay together, an Izaya Orihara one to go along with my friend's Shizuo Heiwajima. I have been doing research all day on the internet and trying to find good sites. I have read many reviews, however, all of these can be fake and unreliable.

The sites I have tried so far that carries the cosplay I want are:

hellocosplay.com
mailanoo.com
yourcosplay.com

I am mainly searching for the jacket, since I can get the pants and such where I live. And the rings and wig should be no problem, given I will have to order the wig. I am looking for good quality on the jacket.

Has anyone had any experience with these sites or know anything about them? Are they scams, are the cosplays not good quality? Not good service or have deadlines not been met?

Thank you for taking your time to read this ^-^
FadingFall is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-09-2013, 01:03 AM   #2
Hearth
Unregistered User

Here is a thread with some reviews of Hellocosplay. They seem to have pretty mixed reviews.

Milanoo and its spin-off websites look like they need to be avoided like the plague.

And it seems that someone had trouble with Yourcosplay as well. The fact that they created an account to do damage control on that thread makes them as sketchy as heck.

EDIT: Oh, I missed reading the part where you said you read reviews but were unsure if they were true. Well, how do you know if any reviews posted on this thread are true then? :P

Last edited by Hearth : 09-09-2013 at 01:08 AM.
Hearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 01:00 PM   #3
FadingFall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hearth View Post
Here is a thread with some reviews of Hellocosplay. They seem to have pretty mixed reviews.

Milanoo and its spin-off websites look like they need to be avoided like the plague.

And it seems that someone had trouble with Yourcosplay as well. The fact that they created an account to do damage control on that thread makes them as sketchy as heck.

EDIT: Oh, I missed reading the part where you said you read reviews but were unsure if they were true. Well, how do you know if any reviews posted on this thread are true then? :P
Given I don't know, I tend to do more of an overall summary and compare sources. Sources that say they are the best sites, then sources that say they are scams/are really bad. ^-^'' I just find getting more opinions and obtaining more information is the best thing to do at this point.

Thank you for the answer~!
FadingFall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2013, 09:39 PM   #4
Hakaider
Sith Happens..

If you are open to looking at other sites, I would recommend "sky costume" for your Izaya Orihara costume.

They've been pretty good with their costumes so far, and they are usually very good in responding to inquiries.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Durarara-Iza...em3cc1c9 99dd

Last edited by Hakaider : 09-13-2013 at 09:45 PM.
Hakaider is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2014, 10:17 PM   #5
Kyuukochii

If you can find just a black hoodie and some fur, it's pretty easy to get it sewn on plus it will save you a ton of money.

If not then there's this seller: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Durarara-Iza...em84bfa749 21

My cousin got her Mikado cosplay from them and it turned out amazing. ^^

Next stop..!
Portcon Maine 2015

Con list:

Another Anime Con 2015
Animaine 2015?

Current cosplay list:
Len Kagamine - Magnet - Vocaloid - 50%
Kagome Higarashi - Inuyasha - 10%
Kotori - Hey!Start Dash outfit - 85%
Lolita!Alice - Alice in Wonderland - 100%
Ciel Phantomhive - {Original outfit} - 100%!
Ciel Phantomhive - {Wonderland Version} - 85%!
Haruhi {Ouran}
- 100%!
Kyuukochii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2016, 11:44 PM   #6
gordonspeaker

You could have a try to this Movie Cosplay Costume shop. They are offering you high quality of Cosplay Costumes. And what is more important, you would love their quality.
Buy Handmade Cosplay Costumes like Marvel Costume, Green Arrow Costume, Deadpool Costume,Disney Costumes,Anime Costumes,Batman Costumes,Captain America Costumes, The Avengers Costumes,Halloween Costumes in high quality from alicestyless.com .

RWBY Blake Cosplay Tutorial: youtu.be/XKarMrOAM7I
gordonspeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2016, 12:32 PM   #7
Blood_Sword
Pocket samurai!

Honestly, stay away from Milanoo, they're generally shit and there's a lot of horror stories out there about them. YourCosplay I've never heard about so I'd be vary about them.
I've heard really mixed things about HelloCosplay so I'm not sure I'd personally feel safe ordering from them either.

I can say though that CosplaySky carries the costume you're looking for and I've personally dealt with them and been quite pleased with their quality; my brother has also ordered from them and has been happy as well. Here's the link: http://au.cosplaysky.com/durarara-iz...y-costume.html

But if you just want the coat I'd reaaaaally recommend you to buy it from Cospicky instead. I've bought a costume from them and it was exactly like the stock photo, to the smallest detail! Here's a link to the Izaya coat: http://www.cospicky.com/products/s-x...7105&lnkhr=AGm

EDIT: Oops, noticed the thread is several years old. Oh well, maybe someone else is looking for the same thing.

Last edited by Blood_Sword : 06-05-2016 at 12:35 PM.
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote