Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Unread 04-21-2013, 01:55 PM   #1
rolandoMENESES
Cosplayer to be
 
rolandoMENESES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 29
Unhappy I feel like I'm too ugly for cosplay

Yeah, the title sets it all. I have plans already, but my confidence seem to be backing out, help me!!!
rolandoMENESES is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 04-21-2013, 02:05 PM   #2
Talismand
Registered User
 
Talismand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 227
Do what you want but cosplay isn't all about complete accuracy it's about enjoying yourself in or out of coustom and being around other people who share your interests and such. Don't worry about being ugle or anything like that man accept yourself and just be you and go out there and cosplay whatever you want
Talismand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2013, 02:08 PM   #3
rolandoMENESES
Cosplayer to be
 
rolandoMENESES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talismand View Post
Do what you want but cosplay isn't all about complete accuracy it's about enjoying yourself in or out of coustom and being around other people who share your interests and such. Don't worry about being ugle or anything like that man accept yourself and just be you and go out there and cosplay whatever you want
Ahh, refreshing words, but honest criticism, what do you think of me, especially in my picture right here, because i was told once Im ugly.
rolandoMENESES is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2013, 02:59 PM   #4
Ose_93
is under your bed
 
Ose_93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 197
You look just fine. I don't think you should have second thoughts about cosplaying just because someone said you were ugly. If you want to cosplay, do it. The whole point is to have a good time.
Ose_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2013, 03:05 PM   #5
rolandoMENESES
Cosplayer to be
 
rolandoMENESES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ose_93 View Post
You look just fine. I don't think you should have second thoughts about cosplaying just because someone said you were ugly. If you want to cosplay, do it. The whole point is to have a good time.
Oh my god, thanks bro, youve build up my self esteem!
rolandoMENESES is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2013, 04:07 PM   #6
~Shana~
Make a contract with me!
 
~Shana~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 390
I've been bullied online alot about how I look and how much I weight. Be yourself and don't let one person put you down. Your not ugly and I would love to see your cosplays!
__________________

Con list 2014
ALA
Fanime
Anime Expo
Anime California
PMX
~Shana~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2013, 05:07 PM   #7
Boreotheria
n00b
 
Boreotheria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 385
Don't ask random people on the internet for validation. :P If you say "am I ugly?", people who want you to have fun will say "no" while the bullies will say "yes". In other words, the answers say more about them than about you. We aren't here to judge you and I'm not going to tell someone who might be an underage kid whether or not he's good-looking. Do what you want and have fun.

Also, for what it's worth, and I learned this one the hard way: if you go around obsessing too much about your looks in public, it makes other people start to doubt their own looks, and start thinking "maybe I should worry, maybe I'm not good-looking enough for cosplay" when they'd never even thought about that being a problem before. So be good to yourself and the result is that you'll be good to others. We're all in this for fun.
__________________
Boreotheria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2013, 05:35 PM   #8
Bovice
Registered User
 
Bovice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandoMENESES View Post
because i was told once Im ugly.
Not a person on this planet is attractive to everybody. Even if not told directly, everyone has at least one person who thinks they're ugly.

Don't give too much thought as to what others think, really. If they don't like you, based only on your appearance, then why do you care that they may not want to see you in a costume? I'd do it just to piss them off personally if it were like that.
Bovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2013, 11:18 PM   #9
Slapthefatcat
The man with the guns.
 
Slapthefatcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,289
Dude, seriously. Cosplay is not about how good you look. It's about showing your respect and love toward certain characters and series. I've seen people who were completely off the body type/look/whatever and still rocked it because they didn't care what others thought. They are the true cosplayers.
__________________
Planned Cosplays
Goku - Dragon Ball Z (Otakon 2014) 15%
Superboy - Young Justice (Otakon 2014) 70%
Kaito Yashio - Robotics; Notes (Otakon 2014, re-vamp)
Colonel Armstrong - FMA: Brotherhood (Eventually)
Zoro - One Piece (Eventually)
Ippo - Hajime no Ippo (Eventually)
Hody - One Piece (Eventually)
Kaito Yashio - Robotics; Notes (Otakon 2013, Completed)
Free - Soul Eater (Otakon 2013, Completed)

My Facebook cosplay group - Southern Maryland Cosplay (Anyone can join)
Slapthefatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 12:03 AM   #10
Dalibar
Obey Your Master
 
Dalibar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bovice View Post
Not a person on this planet is attractive to everybody. Even if not told directly, everyone has at least one person who thinks they're ugly.
Some people even think Marylin Monroe is ugly while others worship her beauty :P It all depends on who is looking. I can totally feel you with the low self-esteem though. But, for what its worth, I don't think you are at all. (I was actually just thinking you would make a perfect Prince Zuko).

Hopefully once you start cosplaying your confidence will build.
__________________
Doctor: I've been alone ever since. But not anymore. Don't you see? All we've got is each other!
Master: Are you asking me out on a date?
Dalibar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 04:48 AM   #11
rolandoMENESES
Cosplayer to be
 
rolandoMENESES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 29
Thank you guys

Thanks a lot, all of you, i've regained my self esteem
rolandoMENESES is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 06:01 PM   #12
Angel Tear
Sugar Snow
 
Angel Tear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 446
To hell with what other people think, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and they sound like they were jealous of you for one reason or another, or needed to dump on someone else for their own insecurities. You'll get a kick out of cosplay and you will enjoy it, especially when you meet fans of the same series and soon forget what those people said. What do they mean to you? what do their words mean to you? Nothing. Because they're horrible -horrible- people for saying that to you and are not worth your precious time.
__________________
Upcoming cosplays:
Kaname Madoka
Tsukiyomi
Kureha
Flower
Angel Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 08:03 PM   #13
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire
 
Oniigiri_Basket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,364
People that let others' appearances bother them to the point that they need to make rude remarks are often insecure themselves. I've seen a billion internet posts about how people will hang around "ugly" or "fat" friends just so that they themselves can feel pretty. No one is perfect, everyone has insecurities.

Just thought I'd put that out there.

Anyway, OP, it's good that you're feeling better about yourself now, but I would recommend finding ways to help yourself feel better through your own opinions of yourself. If you rely on what people on the internet (or people in general) think about you to feel good about yourself, at some point or another, you will be disappointed and feel bad about yourself all over again because there will always be someone who can find fault with another -- it's just what happens.

Find things about yourself that you like -- think about your strong suits. If you think you're intelligent, or talented, or kind, anything, focus on that. Gain confidence in that. In terms of things you're insecure about, I've met many people who find that telling them nice things about themselves at various points throughout the day -- "I am attractive," "I am smart," things like that -- will help them believe that of themselves.

Just a recommendation.
__________________
Fandom Fest 2014 cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Fem!Slenderman, Sayaka Miki [mermaid] (Madoka Magica)

MCM London Comic Expo cosplay: Sayaka Miki [mermaid] (Madoka Magica), Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service)

ALA cosplay: Tetra (The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker), Medli (The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker), Sayaka Miki [mermaid] (Madoka Magica), Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service)

2015 conventions: Anime Los Angeles, Anime Central, Japan Expo
Oniigiri_Basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 08:26 PM   #14
jaymcee
JayMCee
 
jaymcee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oniigiri_Basket View Post
Find things about yourself that you like -- think about your strong suits. If you think you're intelligent, or talented, or kind, anything, focus on that. Gain confidence in that. In terms of things you're insecure about, I've met many people who find that telling them nice things about themselves at various points throughout the day -- "I am attractive," "I am smart," things like that -- will help them believe that of themselves.
Couldn't have put it any better myself. Everyone will always have opinions, but what matters is what you think about yourself. For what it's worth, you're adorable and very cute! If anything, cosplay should help you build confidence. I had ZERO confidence in my appearance until I began cosplaying. As cheesy as it sounds, cosplay is so liberating and fun, and it really helps you break out of your shell. And in my opinion, confidence is key! The more confident you are, the more sexy you become to someone. Keep your head up, you're a great human being and you're going to make an amazing cosplayer.
__________________


Jay.M.Cee

Facebook.com/Alissa.Jess.Cosplays
IG: @caamano


jaymcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2013, 10:13 PM   #15
Wakishea
Registered User
 
Wakishea's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2
Aww, don't say that! You shouldn't care what other people say about you! Do you know how many nasty names people have called me? I get called ugly quite often as well. The only reason why people use such harsh language towards you is because they are jealous about something!

Do what you want to do. Don't let others take that away from you. I think you would be a great cosplayer! ^ ^
Wakishea is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:00 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.