Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Unread 04-21-2013, 04:11 PM   #1
Somethingducky

Color comparison between Arda and Epic cosplay Black?

Can anyone do a quick color comparison between Arda's black and EpicCosplay's black for me? I'm not sure how much difference there can between two different black shades, but you never know. I am hoping to use an EpicCosplay wig with with the Arda clip on bangs so I can get two costumes use out of the same wig. Thanks for the help!

Unread 04-22-2013, 07:47 AM   #2
Xaila
*hoardes makeup forever*

Well I can tell you right now that the fibers of the two brands are completely different. Epic wigs have a smooth glossy look to their wigs ("That's a wig!"), verses Arda's more matte and slightly natural looking fibers("Is that a wig?").

I am unsure if their black is blended with any other colors or if its solid jet black like Epic's. But in case its not, maybe you could use that wig-shine removing technique to make your wig a bit more matte to go with the clip. Unsure of how successful of a match it'll be though.
Xaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 10:12 AM   #3
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

^ Agree to the above about the finish.

For you purposes you could gloss up the Arda fiber to match with a shine product for hair. The black would be the closets match even if the shade is slightly off their both deep enough to the eye to look the same.

On a random note I've asked if EpicCosplay would make a swatch ring of their shade and if more people ask about it they might be inclined to so it.

Unplugged Expo
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North (Nehelenia), Otakuthon(maybe), FanEXPO
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
Ani_BEE is online now   Reply With Quote