Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > General Construction Help

Unread 04-25-2013, 11:48 PM   #1
Umbamabumba
The Overlord of Fire

Boot cover help

I just had a pair of boot covers sewn the other day, and when I try to walk while wearing them, they easily slide down my leg; even though their is elastic sewn on the upper part of the boot cover and the bottom of the boot cover is glued to the rubber part of the shoe above the bottom. I was wondering if their is anyway for me to keep the boots from slipping down my leg, even though they are complete, or any tips in general to keep them from sliding down my leg as I walk?
Edit: I had just figured this out, but my boot covers do like to stay up a little bit more if I,ve wearing pants, but it still feels as though they are falling down. But I cannot guaranteed that it is a fact yet..

Last edited by Umbamabumba : 04-26-2013 at 12:42 AM.
Umbamabumba is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-26-2013, 03:38 AM   #2
Kelley
Devil of Details

What do they look like, what are they made out of, how high do they reach ? What base shoe or boot was used and how tall was that ?

Actually in the pipes:
- Remaking Ser Loras doublet.
- Luke Skywalker, A New Hope
- Wind Waker starter costume in swim material
Eventually: Paul from Dune, Faramir, Harry Sullivan
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 11:40 AM   #3
Umbamabumba
The Overlord of Fire

The boot covers themselves are just a simple pattern of two dark brown broadcloth, boots sewn together that reach about 16 inches on my leg or a few inches below the knee. The boot pattern is glued around the rubber part of the shoe, but not the rest of the shoe since I was told not to.The shoe itself is a flat soled, Dexter brand, men's size 14 inch flat or loafer, without any laces (I'm not sure if I am even right then since I am not very good with discerning shoes). I believe the shoe itself is about 5 to 6 inches high and 14 inches long.
Unfortunately, I don't have a photo of the boot in question, but I hope that my description is helpful.

Last edited by Umbamabumba : 04-26-2013 at 11:45 AM.
Umbamabumba is offline   Reply With Quote