Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 04-28-2013, 10:00 AM   #16
Ron Jr

Pocky!
Ron Jr is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-28-2013, 10:52 AM   #17
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Plushies! Of characters I like, of course. Posters, sometimes wigs (though I'm very picky about them), pins, bows, cool random little accessories..
I try to buy at least one thing for the character I'm wearing at a con if it's my first time wearing them, but that really depends.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 11:16 AM   #18
AnimeLuxray25
The Gijinka Girl

I'm most interested in plushies, posters, and of course, snacks!

~ don't judge other cosplayers, because in the end we all look silly wearing wig caps :3 ~

2014 Cosplay(s): Shinx Gijinka (Shiny Version) [Pokémon] - 100%

2014 Conventions: | KnightroKon | Mythicon | Holiday Matsuri |

deviantART: AnimeLuxray25
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 11:56 AM   #19
_Jun_
That Boomerang Guy

Honestly I notice I almost never buy official merchandise at cons; it's usually cheaper online.

What I do love at cons is amazing art stuff that people make. I usually spend a bit under $50 on pictures, pins, and that sort of thing. Until last year I also bought at least one DVD a year, but like I said above the prices are not worth it anymore. I usually also find cool plushies at cons that I otherwise only see online for really high prices.

Figures I don't buy at cons because A) They usually only have the really popular figures I don't want or already have, and B) I have a habit of losing things at cons, so I don't want to get something too expensive >_>

Past Cosplays
Mugen | Davis Motomiya | Izaya Orihara | Takuya Kanbara | Book One Sokka

Anime North 2014
Wolf-Armor Sokka

Tumblr Account

_Jun_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 12:19 PM   #20
belligerent
Viking Metal

I buy a lot of beer and whiskey at cons but you can't sell those.

People seem to buy a lot of t-shirts but you have to be careful doing that since there's a lot of cost up front for it.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago
belligerent is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 01:18 PM   #21
JediofTime
Use the Triforce Link

T-Shirts, lots of them. I have a bag full of T-Shirts bought at the 2012 San Diego Comic Con that have yet to be washed so I can wear them.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt: "Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort."

Conventions Attending:
2015 Anime LA
2015 Anime Expo

Costumes:
Jedi Link 1.0 Complete
Jedi Link 2.0 Complete
Hero's Shade: base patterns done. 5% complete.
Future Cosplay plans:
Jedi Link 3.0
Mewtwo
JediofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 01:27 PM   #22
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

I always go for wigs, plushies, snacks, and anything really cute~ Under the really cute category, I've gotten hats, a t-shirt, necklaces, and buttons :3
In Progress: Syaoran: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/ Yusuke Urameshi (Dark Tournament): Yu Yu Hakusho/ Yoh (Revamp): Shaman King/ Jenos Hazard: Black Cat/ Teito Klein (Mourning Robes): 07-Ghost/ Kaito Sinbad: KKJ
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 02:00 PM   #23
noctiluca
ryuujin no miko

I almost never buy anything. I've gone to cons before where I didn't buy a single thing even though I scoured the dealer's hall.

But sometimes I buy wigs, if they have something specific I need and I get to see the color in person~
And if I see something rare from a series I love, I will probably grab it up. I'm basically on the lookout for Harutoki merch, but I've never found any because it's so rare/out of production (or I already own it), and I'd only want specific character goods anyway, so no money spent. Though if they had exactly what I was looking for I might be willing to pay a lot for it. If someone was selling the Candy Candy volumes I'm missing I'd buy those too, but that's just as unlikely.
"Yuko" Narukami (Persona 4)

I have a tumblr too!
noctiluca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 02:11 PM   #24
Toxicjinx

My bedroom walls are covered in prints and commissions from artist in the artist alley, but aside from that I rarely buy from cons. Like it's been said, most trademarked stuff is super pricey at cons.
Toxicjinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 02:14 PM   #25
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by kairatera View Post
I've always wanted to be a vendor and was wondering what the most popular items are.
Typically, I enjoy seeing homemade things such as hats, amigarumi, and I've even bought some chain-mail items!
But, what do YOU like?
Are you talking about being a dealer, or in the artist alley?

The stuff you described sometimes get lumped into the artist alley category if your products are streamlined enough. Though some conventions regulate apparel only artists into the dealers hall.

For dealers hall stuff I buy mostly clothes, because I feel like it's a more logically useful product to buy. But I've purchased hard to find figures, posters, and small collectibles that are usually imported from overseas.

I live in the United States so conventions are my brief chances to get that one thing that I absolutely cannot get in the US otherwise and I might splurge for that sort of nick-nack if the opportunity is there.

On rarer occasions I get games or game accessories since I can normally get what I want in the US or online without needing a convention to have access to them.

Depending on the audience at the specific convention you should consider tailoring you wares to suit that;

An anime con like Anime Central (shock) might be a better place for selling animal hats.

A comic convention like Megacon might be a better place for selling chainmail.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 02:24 PM   #26
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

I bought a butt ton more stuff at Sakura Con then at my own in state cons but I bought a lot of artbooks and yaoi manga. (That was fun trying to get it all on the plane. >.> Wish I got the CD's they sold there too but they were all gone before I could get the ones I wanted.

At my normal cons, I dont usually buy anything but small phone charms from the Artist Ally.

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 02:36 PM   #27
Durroa
Woof Woof call me Delay

Mostly shirts and buttons. I like to have something to remember the cons with, x3.

Anime vegas 13
AWA '13

Completed Cosplays :
Aliot - Ragnarok Online
Dr. Stein - Soul Eater
GB Momiji Inubashiri -
Regular Style |Shino-miji Style
GB Nazrin
Durroa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 03:17 PM   #28
Bm-Atticus
Cumberpunch Cosplay!

After going to the same five or six conventions in the same state for a number of years, I don't tend to buy much, if anything from the dealer's hall. Though at this point I have become friends with several of the regular vendors and I stop by to chat and/or mess with them until they figure out it's me in a new cosplay.

Plus its always fun hanging out with one my favorite vendors who specializes in weapons both prop and authentic (he takes sword commission and smiths them himself) and watch his demonstrations, or the 14 year olds trying to convince them they're 18 so they can buy a sword, or watching con goers trying to argue the price down of a $300 dollar sword down to $70.

It's sort of like if the Commissioner Thread was happening right in front of you.

Future Conventions
Wondercon 2014
Fanime 2014
Anime Expo 2014
San Diego Comic Con 2014

Future Cosplays
Genderbent Sora (25% complete)
Witch Rapunzel Variant (COMPLETE)
Ibuki Mioda (COMPLETE)
Tali'Zora (COMPLETE)
Bm-Atticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 03:29 PM   #29
BlooShine

I stopped buying merch for the most part. The older I get the more I realize I don't like having little trinket-y type things take up my space, especially since soon I'll be in charge of paying for my own space. Plus, it costs money! xD

But when I was younger, I was all about keychains and phone charms! I'd also buy a plushie every now and then, and I had this thing about always buying at least one Trigun Maximum manga, because I wanted the whole collection. Then I found half.com, lol! I also liked to buy a lot of stickers and buttons from Artist Alley, I think I still have my buttons somewhere.

Big 'ole list of cosplays!

Levy - Fairy Tail
Menma - Ano Hana
Ranka Lee - Macross Frontier
Xiao - Dark Cloud (Remaking cosplay)
Eris, Goddess of Discord and Chaos - Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
BlooShine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 05:07 PM   #30
EmoxJerk
Love Way Connection

I spend pretty much all my money on Artists' Alley xD I never really buy official merchandise. Always fanart, drawings, buttons, keychains, or plushies done by local artists <3
-Hanji / Rivaille (AoT)
-Snow Miku

Facebook | WorldCosplay
EmoxJerk is offline   Reply With Quote