Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 04-28-2013, 05:53 PM   #31
touchmon
Make All The Things!

I'm always buying multiple buttons, various artworks from the artist alley of things I like, artbooks, the small figurines that come in those random boxes and sometimes the bigger ones if it is a character I really want to own. I also buy small cosplay props too.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-28-2013, 06:30 PM   #32
kendraduck09

I like to buy handmade, crafty-type stuff. I bought a stuffed Italy Cat at Zenkaikon, it was kind of expensive but worth it to me And lots of buttons and some prints. And figurines if I have money left over.

I also buy shirts that say something like [convention name] 2013 or whatever the year is. Just to have so I can remember that I went there.
Maou Sadao - Demon Form (The Devil is a Part Timer!)

Planned cosplays:
Touka Kirishima (Tokyo Ghoul)
Kageyama Tobio (Haikyuu!!)
BE!Koujaku (DRAMAtical Murder)

~ Tumblr ~ Cosplay Facebook ~ List of Cosplays ~

Last edited by kendraduck09 : 06-06-2013 at 12:14 PM.
kendraduck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 09:31 PM   #33
sooyong
Ninja for Hire

I used to buy various anime goods, like keychains, plushies, buttons, etc. But ever since I moved to Japan, I've had no reason to buy anything at a con because I can find it here. Maybe I'd get a corset or a wig, or something that I didn't find while shopping in Japan.

Planned Cosplays:
2014: NEW→Zhurong (Dynasty Warriors 8) REPEAT→Sailor S. Fighter, Kasumi (maybe)
2015: Cosplay hiatus? (not yet decided)

sooyong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 11:25 PM   #34
Karawr

I really like getting art from Artist's Alley. c.c

Also pins. I've collected pins since I was 5 and a family friend who worked at Walmart kept giving me her movie pins they use to wear. So I go pin crazy at cons. My poor bag is covered with them.

Also, anything Steampunk!
Karawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 12:20 AM   #35
Devkyu

Aside from a handful of thing that would be difficult to find online, I stick to the Artist Alley, where I generally pick up a print or two, cell phone charms, buttons, etc.

As for the Dealer's Room... depending I might come across something older that is really hard to find (a bunch of Digimon keychains) or a wig if Arda or Epic are attending.

Then again, I'm a huge cheap-ass so I barely spend anything at cons anymore.
Unread 04-29-2013, 12:42 AM   #36
Musouka_Ningyou

I rarely buy anything.

I sometimes buy a button in the Artist's alley, depending on if anything catches my eye, which it rarely does, given my tastes. (In the past maybe three years, I've gotten a Chrono Trigger button, a Harvest Moon button, and some Ace Attorney buttons)

Sometimes I'll buy a plush, or a phone charm, or something cute like that.

I've been known to buy a few pieces of cute jewelry in the AA.

Otherwise... I don't buy prints/posters/wallscrolls, I don't buy figurines, I don't tend to read manga or watch anime so I don't buy those, cons never sell the type of CDs I would want, etc. I mostly buy small items that I can see myself actually using, sometimes pencils and things if I can find them with designs I like, phone charms, etc. I actually rarely even go into the Dealer's Hall anymore, except to browse a little, and I rarely buy anything there. I think that last Fanime, I went in a grand total of twice -- the first time I left almost immediately because it was really crowded and people keep trying to poke their eyes out on my armor (quite a feat, given that it spikes upward and not outward), and the second time was with a friend, and we mostly just walked around and talked and hardly looked at anything.

Merchandise isn't really my thing. :/ I was never really a -huge- spender at cons, even when I was younger, but my spending on merchandise has gone down to almost nil in the past 5 years or so.

Though, I'll sometimes buy things at swap meets -- I've gotten a couple of games, a Red Garden DVD set, and a Legend of Mana soundtrack, off the top of my head, but again, it took me a number of years to get those things.

Oh! I tend to buy snacks. a lot of snacks are way overpriced, but at Fanime, there's a dealer that sells $1 boxes of Lucky Stick (it's like Pocky, but the stick itself is flavored too), so I typically buy one, and maybe a bottle of Ramune or two. At AOD, I tend to buy a lot in Japantown, but not at the actual con, haha.
)(er Imperious Condescension (Homestuck)Ballgown Dreamer Roxy Lalonde (Homestuck)
Misc. other cosplays
Musouka_Ningyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 12:46 AM   #37
Touya no miko
TnM

Merchandise in the dealer's hall hardly catches my interest anymore. Occasionally I'll buy some manga or dvds of a series I haven't looked into before. However, if there were any booths selling lolita items, J-rock CD's, or BJD merchandise then I'd be all over it.

I think most of my money goes to food or the artist's alley. You find more unique goodies in the AA.

Seras Victoria-Blood version
Mulan
Touya no miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 12:55 AM   #38
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Mostly figures, collectibles, sometimes snacks, and very rarely key chains. I haven't been buying too much at cons lately though lol. Nothing seems to catch my eye as much now :/

Youtube Page

Cosplays
Monkey D. Luffy (Film Z Battle Costume) - One Piece (2013)
Grumpy - The Dark Knight (2013)
Monkey D. Luffy (Alabasta) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (2 Years Later) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (Strong World) - One Piece (2011)
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 01:00 AM   #39
stiffkick80
Ooooh Yeah! *thrust*

Sometimes I'll buy a small print if it catches my eye and looks cool. The main thing I've found myself buying recently is 8 bit sprites, I think they're awesome. If a booth is having a good deal on trade paperbacks (like 40% off cover price) I'll pick up something like that.
Comikaze 2014
Long Beach Comic Con 2014

Follow me on Tumblr: http://stiffkick80.tumblr.com
stiffkick80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 06:59 AM   #40
CrossedCrowns

I....I waste a lot of money of overpriced plushies. Especially alpacasso(is that even how you spell it omg) knockoffs. I know that's a terrible idea, but...They're so expensive online and hard to find, and I don't even care if it's knockoff because I'm not in it for the collecting...I just want alpaca plushies. .w.

But yeah, I waste a lot of money on cute plushies because I can't help it.
Unread 04-29-2013, 08:08 AM   #41
sillymyway

I always buy art prints, some keychains, novelty items, t-shirts, and cute little handmade items.
One thing that I really would love to get are figures, but man are they expensive.
AnimeNEXT
TooManyGames
New York Comic Convention

.:2014 Cosplays:.
Ricken (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
gijinka! Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog)
Nagisa Hazuki (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club)
Ravio ( LOZ: A Link Between Worlds)
Charlie Vergier (Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure)

sillymyway cosplay
sillymyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 10:10 AM   #42
aspiekid0101

It usually depends on the con and what's available. That and if I can afford any of it. Normally, I don't buy much if the place is far too crowded, but when I do, I like to buy novelty stuff, plushies, T-shirts, books, figures and sometimes art supplies.
Unread 04-29-2013, 12:59 PM   #43
luckikitten
Nutella Dipper

I look for t-shirts and plushies. Sometimes, if I find a boxset of something that hasn't been released for online shops (such as Amazon) and it's a good price, I'll get some anime. It has to be a boxset, though; not just one DVD.

Animazement 2014:

Friday: Esmeralda (Hunchback of Notre Dame)
Saturday: Machi (Hunter x Hunter)
Sunday: Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony; Friendship Is Magic)
luckikitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 01:19 PM   #44
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

I'm really choosy about what I buy at cons.

I don't collect figurines, or manga, or DVDs, or plushies, or shirts, or any anime merch.

If a band I like comes as a musical guest, I'll buy their CD and get it signed by them.

And I have this huge weakness for brand name clothing. I love h.Naoto most of all, and I really like lolita dresses. Even then, it has to be a piece of clothing that I absolutely love before I'll buy it. If I don't find something I fall in love with, it's pretty easy for me to go a whole con without buying anything. When I make a purchase, it's usually pretty big, between $100 and $400.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 01:22 PM   #45
Chaletica
[laughs]

Nothing too expensive... I usually get cheap figurines, sometimes plushies, shirts... small cheap things like buttons and keychains.