Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 04-29-2013, 01:39 PM   #46
Maurishio-kun
You can call me Mau

Posters, pins, and if I have enough money figures.

CURRENT COSPLAYS

Takuto (Full Moon wo Sagashite) 25%
Takato (Digimon Tamers) 50%
Leo (Barra - Homesport Deluxe (Original) 45%
Izumi (Digimon Frontier) 50%

"There are only two things in this world that you can't change: The star we orbit and my opinion about adults"

-Annonymous-
Maurishio-kun is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-29-2013, 07:54 PM   #47
MitsukaiEievui

Mostly DvDs (they're hard to find elsewhere and also cheaper sometimes) and posters.
T-shirts on occasions.
MitsukaiEievui is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 01:08 AM   #48
Lurrdoc
[SHSL ???]

I definitely spend money on anime posters. They usually come cheap at cons.

That's it. Maybe a plushie or a figure if it's cheap.

| deviantArt | tumblr | MyAnimeList |

| Rock Lee - 90% | Relius Clover - 85% | Gunha Sogiita - 65% |
Lurrdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 02:42 AM   #49
Blue Leader
The Gundam Fanatic

It depends on the type of convention. If it's an anime convention, most of my purchases tend to be keychains, because I collect them. I'll also sometimes pick up figures, Gundam models, or something along those lines if I see something interesting, but it's usually just keychains.
Seriously, if a vendor has keychains, then they'll have my business. It's an addiction...

At a convention like the Star Wars Celebration... Well, I'll buy lots of stuff, most of it useless crap, like the Jar Jar Binks whoopie cushion and Tauntaun hobby horse I bought last Celebration. And my Admiral Ackbar plush-- but c'mon, he says "it's a trap", who could resist that?
Here I'll also buy action figures, exclusives, a hat or two, and (again) various keychains.
Blue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 01:54 PM   #50
no-limit
There are No-Limits

Hm I tend to buy things that look slightly unusual or cool,
like last time, I got things like a new hat and necklaces.

Also Plushies and comics sell Everyone loves a plushie

Costumes im working on, not accurate to my plans.
1. Meowth (90%)
3. Mikasa Ackerman (80%)
4. Rouge the bat 12% ?
5. Alice:American Mcgee (Original dress) 20% (Remaking)

7.Secret cosplay (100%) <= Kida from Atlantis
no-limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 02:09 PM   #51
Moon_Phase

Usually just shirts, figures, and key chains.

Next Cosplays Planned (In order)

Neko (K)
Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
Moon_Phase is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 03:02 PM   #52
Shiva Edge
mata aeru no ka

I used to buy DVDs and small figures, but I haven't bought anything at a con since like 2009. Literally don't buy anything at cons anymore except for food/hotel.
Shiva Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 04:13 PM   #53
Boreotheria
n00b

Second-hand books and comics, especially if there's a chance of finding something I don't see often in the stores near me. I got a Michael Moorcock title I'd never seen before at Ad Astra.

ZINES. Holy hell. Sometimes, if you look really hard and there's a significant western sf&f fandom component at the con, you'll find someone in the dealer room or in the fan club lagoon selling old fanfic zines. I squee when I see that. Such a treasure-trove.

Toys and figurines IF they're a good deal. There's a line of Star Trek action figures that I like, made by a company called Art Asylum. I found Uhura in a $5 bin at Polaris last summer. Yoink! If I went out looking for any given figure I might end up paying quite a bit more for it, and I don't want them that badly, but I'll gladly cruise the sale bins and snap up bargains.
Unread 05-01-2013, 03:30 PM   #54
sillygoround
Queen of Merry-Go-Rounds

I've made it a little habit to grab a Gloomy Bear or two at the con I go to every year. It makes or a little memory piece, and they're so cute! It'd be easy to just order one online, but it's nicer to see the little guy with my own eyes while wandering around and just knowing that I HAVE to buy it. I love shopping adrenaline rushes! uwu ;;
Other than that I usually grab something of the character I'm cosplaying, whether it be a print, keychain, etc.
sillygoround is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 03:33 PM   #55
dagmarus
Gondor Enthusiast

I rarely spend money on anything at cons that isn't food and drink. I generally can get anything that I'll find there online for cheaper and I really don't have a use for autographs.

'I am a destroyer of worlds!

'I am Harry Fucking Potter!'
dagmarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 03:35 PM   #56
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

It's pretty much a rule that I buy a plushie every time. If I see anything Toro, I have to buy it. He's so rare to find though, I'm lucky if I find him at cons since he's not popular but I have had quite a few lucky finds so I have to cross my fingers and hope for the best!! (My top haul was 2 Toro plushies at one con or maybe the time I found a Toro plushie and a Toro purse, such a good feeling! I've used that same purse for about 6 years now and it's still my favourite)

I also have a habit of buying too many sweets that I'm trying to crack down on (I figured out I could save about £15 per con by not buying so many sweets!!) and I usually buy a poster but not too many since I don't have enough room for many, manga and sometimes figures or jewellery too.

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Future Cosplays (not working on yet):
Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi
ToroSonyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 04:07 PM   #57
why_00
Emileigh

If I do actually buy something at a con it is generally in the artist alley, things like fan art of characters i love or buttons and such. I generally don't buy much of anything though. Also, the dealer's room has never really interested me much. It's stuff that I could just get online for much cheaper. None of it ever really has any appeal to me.
Tumblr

Upcoming cosplays:
- Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica - Finished!
- Raven - Teen Titans - Finished!
- Dragon Kid - Tiger & Bunny - In progress - to be finished sometime next year
- Crysta - Ferngully - To be decided
why_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 04:39 PM   #58
Julesie

I tend to like little pins/charms or buttons. Basically small things I can put on my keys or bag.

I also occasionally buy a plushie or a shirt. (twice a plushie, once a shirt.)

I try not to buy big things so I can take it home easier.
Julesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2013, 02:10 AM   #59
Spazmodroid
AKA, the awesom-o 4000

I feel like I'm one of those rare creatures that doesn't usually buy merch. I indulge in the costume....and of course....SNAAAAACKS.
Hello, geeks. Look at your profile, now back to mine, now back at your profile, NOW BACK TO MINE. Sadly, your cosplays aren't mine, but if you stopped wearing cat ears and fishnets and made your own suits of armor, yours could look like mine. Where does this LINK go? Back at me. I see it, itís my facebook page filled with pics of me creating that thing you love. Look again, THE PICS ARE NOW VIRAL. Anything is possible when your costume looks like Spazmodroid's and not this.

I'm over 9000
Spazmodroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2013, 02:35 AM   #60
Moonsong
daughter of evil

I used to buy a lot of inane shit when I was younger - I quickly found out that stuff like keychains and pins aren't worth the money because they either break or fall off, and then you end up losing them.

I stick to buying stuff I know I'm going to use and enjoy, like t-shirts or posters (and sometimes plushies, if they aren't too expensive.) I spend a lot of my money in the artist alley these days. I stay away from buying DVDs and figures because they always tend to be way overpriced at conventions.

On hiatus until 2015.

★Saber EXTRA - 100% complete
★Rachel Alucard (Blazblue) - 100% complete

Moonsong is offline   Reply With Quote