Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Unread 10-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #1
faeriesara12

First cosplay look-a-like advice!

Hi, I'm new to cosplay and I've been working really hard on a costume from Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan. Since the uniforms are basically the same for most characters, I have yet to decide which character I'm actually going as for an upcoming con. I'm stuck between Mikasa Ackerman and Petra Ral. I love both characters equally and want to choose whichever I can pull off better. My hair is honestly the exact same color as Petra's however its about 3 inches too long. My facial features match Mikasa the best, and I have her greyish eye color and sharp features, as well as her height etc... But I don't really want to buy a wig if I can get away with it. For Petra I could also do a faux bob hairstyle if it looks realistic enough.

Just looking for some friendly advice. Thanks!
faeriesara12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-18-2013, 02:03 PM   #2
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

If you don't have any preference on character, I'd say go with the one that you look most like and buy a wig. Trust me, a wig is almost always the better option and as a person who didn't use a wig for their first cosplay (and my hair was longer than the characters so same scenario), you will probably kick yourself later for not wearing a wig. It's a bit of a typical newbie mistake.

If you really can't get a wig due to time or money constraints or something though, the false bob idea would probably work as a plan B.

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Future Cosplays (not working on yet):
Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi
ToroSonyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2013, 03:29 AM   #3
shengman6

What is the best places to buy the cosplay costumes ?

As we all know, Ebay and Amazon are very well-known for its products and services. So when it comes to Ebay or Amazon, everyone will nod his or her head and says, wow! What a magical website it is ! Everybody want to buy their favourite cosplay costumes on Ebay or Amazon website. So, why? Why could Ebay or Amazon be the first choice of the customers ? Why could they become so popular around the world ?
In my opinion, the reasons are as follows.
Well, first of all, quality is the soul of its products. That means a product is not a indeed product without high quality to meet the satisfaction of its customers! Whether Ebay or Amazon will put tremendous emphasis on its products ! Beacause they know the quality of their products is more important than anything else ! So, they truly win the belief of its customers and more and more customers are willing to buy their cosplay costumes on their websites !
The second reason is their considerate services to their customers. Both Ebay and Amazon have a considerate and friendly services for their customers ! So their customers do not have to worry about their rights and interests at all ! Above all, their customers will feel quite comfortable buying their cosplay costumes on Ebay or Amazon websites !
The last one is the customer-service staff are also quite responsible and patient in serving their customers !
However, my fellow friends, have you guys ever imaged what will you do if you are not so standardlized? Have you ever been upset by that disgusting problem? Have you ever felt the prices of your favourite cosplay costumes are so expensive that you can not afford to buy them ? Want to own your body-sized cosplay costumes? Want to be able to buy your favourite cosplay costumes?
Cosplaysky.com is a magical website that will make your dream come true ! Here, We provide you with your favourite cosplay costumes ! Here, all of our cosplay costumes are hand-made by our professional tailors! So, you do not have to worry about your sizes are not standard! Any sizes you want! Any sizes we can make for you! Furthermore, you do not have to worry about you can not afford to buy your favourite cosplay costumes at all ! Here, we provide you with a range of prices for your favourite cosplay costumes!So, enjoy your shopping here! What is more, we also have a considerate, patient and enthusiastic service team willing to help you!
Select cosplaysky.com! Select your favourite cosplay costumes !
shengman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2013, 10:21 PM   #4
Ilafatyu
That guy

^ That is an advertisement. Don't pay it any mind.

If you look most like Mikasa, I'd say just get a wig. Wigs are far more manageable and predictable for cosplays, and just look better in general. More full, more like a cartoon. In person it might look fine, but a wig looks a ton better in a picture.

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (uniform - RWBY) - 35%
Sheik armor upgrade - 0%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote