Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-02-2013, 02:56 AM   #31
kuro-nee
Instant noodles eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykaios View Post

What about dance tights in your skin tone? Are those acceptable? A lot of cosplayers use them these days when they're uncomfortable with showing their actual skin or legs or to adhere to convention rules. You could also probably make a skin matching bodysuit.
Honestly, I've got some of my friends using skin tone cloth (The name is not apprearing in my mind right now. ARGH!) as they feel comfortable in it. For me, I feel like it still shows your curves so it does away with the 'covering of the curves' bit as taught to me. So, I loosen or don't do that costume at all. *shrug*
kuro-nee is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-02-2013, 11:37 AM   #32
Asezuna

Maybe a Silent Sister from Game of Thrones?
".... Not much of a threat, considering we're already in Hel."
Asezuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2013, 05:22 PM   #33
Garuda_Aiacos
Waitin 4 Behemoth Violate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuro-nee View Post
Honestly, I've got some of my friends using skin tone cloth (The name is not apprearing in my mind right now. ARGH!) as they feel comfortable in it. For me, I feel like it still shows your curves so it does away with the 'covering of the curves' bit as taught to me. So, I loosen or don't do that costume at all. *shrug*
It's Illusion Cloth or Powernet for Thin ones.
For Opaque ones, I recommend Cotton Spandex or Nylon Spandex.
Either way, it's a ass to match to my Skin color

Anyhow, IMHO, dun be afraid to modify a bit the design to be more Modest. Exposed areas like cleavage or lack of Sleeves etc can be covered by the Spandex.

If not sure how the common Event Attendees will take to it, try go for characters that wear Hood or Big Headgear first so can wear the Hijab underneath.

And btw, FORGET about the Skin Color; just do whichever character both of you want even tho' you're not "fair" enough. I dun give a F*** over it tho' I'm happy when I found a Tanned one ( GEMINI DEFTEROS!!!! )

SAINT SEIYA THE LOST CANVAS Hades Alone
SAINT SEIYA SUPER MUSICAL Athena Saori
SAINT SEIYA OMEGA Orion Eden
SAINT SEIYA THE LOST CANVAS Athena Sasha
Garuda_Aiacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2013, 08:16 PM   #34
Boreotheria
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garuda_Aiacos View Post
And btw, FORGET about the Skin Color; just do whichever character both of you want even tho' you're not "fair" enough. I dun give a F*** over it tho' I'm happy when I found a Tanned one ( GEMINI DEFTEROS!!!! )
THIS. Remember that most of the white cosplayers at these things are dressed up as Japanese characters. Don't let anyone tell you not to cosplay outside your race or skin colour.
Unread 05-02-2013, 10:27 PM   #35
bubbleteaXD

thanks guys! umm skin color is not really an issue but we want the cosplays to fit the part lol till we have more money for makeup to do it extreme? hahaha. just the main issue was the hijab cloth and needed ideas. which happened thanks to all of you! ^U^
bubbleteaXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 10:38 AM   #36
kuko-chan
Waterbender Extraodinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedaname9 View Post
Well there is this tumblr for hijab wearing cosplayers/lolitas: http://thehijabcloset.tumblr.com/
I just wanna say that's a super cool Tumblr page. I love the adaptations!
Unread 05-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #37
KirinKirin
Pumpkin Hunter

I'm muslim but I don't cover my hair. But a few friends of mine do that. Mascot characters are best choice for this. A girl I know cosplayed as Nyan-cat and Happy (Fairy tail) and she looked really cute.
KirinKirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 07:11 PM   #38
Shorty89

Would a wig count as covering her hair? Because that would give her more options.
Shorty89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 06:15 AM   #39
Garuda_Aiacos
Waitin 4 Behemoth Violate

Well, that is a very tricky question and it can varies from person to person.

The Main purpose of wearing the Hijab (head covering) is to cover the top part of the head and hair for Modesty. Under most Sunni Mazhabs (Schools of Teaching), it means the Hair, Ears and Neck area. Wearing of Hijab is combined with wearing Modest, loose outfits that do not show off too much the woman's body shape or parts.

So to wear a Wig is to "trick" people into thinking one is showing her hair.

BUT........
Some Muslim Cosplayers who wear the Hijab in Real Life had chosen to still wear Wigs when Cosplaying and to wear only Non-Natural (to their Race) Color Wigs (Purple, Red, Blonde etc) to indicate that is not their real hair.
Some just wear the wig normally, with Wig Cap underneath, while others take the extra step to wear a Fitted Headdress/Hijab under the Wig that not only cover their Hair & Ears but its ends also go around the neck to cover it (or they just wear high collar costumes or bodysuit with high collar).

What happened is that they took the interpretation that "Once a While and for a Good Reason like Cosplaying is 'OKAY' but NOT if worn daily or something and to trick people into thinking that is your Real Hair". And wearing Wig as a form of Covering ones head or real hair is usually associated with Orthodox Judaism (tho' people in some countries might not know of it) while will be a No-No to some "Strict" Muslim Societies. *_*

Wig must also be Synthetic Wigs too as most Human Hair Wigs these days comes from this Hindu Temple in India btw, where devotees shave off their hair to show devotion to their Deity and the hair is collected and sold internationally. This of course means the Human Hair Wig will be "Haram"/Prohibited. Donno about Wigs that are deem Kosher....

SAINT SEIYA THE LOST CANVAS Hades Alone
SAINT SEIYA SUPER MUSICAL Athena Saori
SAINT SEIYA OMEGA Orion Eden
SAINT SEIYA THE LOST CANVAS Athena Sasha
Garuda_Aiacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 10:01 PM   #40
Shorty89

That's very interesting. Thanks for the info.
Shorty89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2013, 10:41 AM   #41
sayaka magica
paniponi dash!

Wink

Sorry if I'm writing this a little late!
I'm muslim and I wear hijab. My parents are both from India, so my skin is also like golden brown. xD I'm going to be cosplaying as Homura Akemi next year. I found a way for me to dress modestly! I hope this helps if you and your friend plan to go to another con sometime soon.
sayaka magica is offline   Reply With Quote