Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Otakon

Unread 05-26-2013, 06:21 PM   #16
faraday48

I hear you there, mornings and I do not get along... at all. Not even a little bit.

Saturday at 3 sounds great though
faraday48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-28-2013, 02:31 PM   #17
faraday48

Any ideas where we all want to meet up? It looks like only one other photoshoot is planned for Saturday at 3 so far, and that's at the indoor fountains.

Any thoughts?
Unread 05-28-2013, 06:35 PM   #18
marylandcosplay
Homestuck Cosplayer

i will fangirl too xD
(fruits basket was my 2nd anime! ^^ (that i watched))
marylandcosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 03:55 AM   #19
faraday48

Hey y'all, sorry to keep spamming this thread, but it's looking like I'm gonna have another shoot going at 3 on Saturday, any chance we could either push it up to 1pm or back to 5pm? Fingers crossed!

Last edited by faraday48 : 05-29-2013 at 03:58 AM.
Unread 05-29-2013, 12:25 PM   #20
fayfi13

I think 5pm sounds good!
fayfi13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 08:58 PM   #21
BetrThanSeguchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandcosplay View Post
i will fangirl too xD
(fruits basket was my 2nd anime! ^^ (that i watched))
Really?! That's so funny because it was my second anime too. <3 That's why it holds a special place in my heart. Fangirl away~.

And 5pm sounds fine to me! We shall have to wait and see when the concerts are but I'm very flexible with timeframes. I'll probably be in Fruba cosplay a bit of the day so, I have no problems adjusting to schedules. ^^

As for where, I've only been to Otakon once. Does outside seem too horrendous in the heat at that time of day? I like the idea of a natural look I know there's a pretty zen garden over by the water. It's a bit of a walk but it's quite pretty. It's around the water. A little past the Ripley's.

I suggest there but I'm open to any suggestions as I know the harbor but less the actual convention areas.

Here's two photo links to show the area I'm talking about.
http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/w...49922686_n.jpg

http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/w...31585909_n.jpg

Amusingly there's a Kyo in this photo. xD Also, there's lots of sand behind the people near the pagoda looking statue. Also a lot of greenery. We could meet somewhere central to the con and then head over. BUT, I'm completely open to suggestions!

And, I already love you guys. (^_^)

Last edited by BetrThanSeguchi : 05-29-2013 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Forgot link
BetrThanSeguchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 09:12 PM   #22
fayfi13

That's so weird, Furuba was my second anime as well...!
I'm really excited for this gathering, it'll be my first one ever I was kinda nervous but everyone on this thread has been so kind.
Unread 05-29-2013, 09:37 PM   #23
BetrThanSeguchi

That is such a strange coincidence. XD

Aww. And I'm glad, Fay! It's all about friendliness and inclusiveness. I very much appreciate that everyone here has been so supportive and sweet. That is how these things should be. (^_^)

And I can understand the concern. I have gotten nervous about photoshoots before especially when it's with strangers. If there's anything I can do to make you feel more at ease, let me know and stick by me if you get nervous. It's my first time setting one up so we're both having first times!

But being a Tohru will be perfect if you're feeling slight shyness at times! You can just pretend it's in character fluster. So, no worries!
Unread 06-12-2013, 05:46 PM   #24
BetrThanSeguchi

Does anyone have an opinion about the place I suggested OR where would be a good place to meet up to head over?

Once we decide I'll submit it to the photoshoot list.
Unread 06-16-2013, 06:44 PM   #25
fayfi13

Since I've never been to Otakon, I really have no clue. Sorry I'm not much help!
I like where you suggested though, it looked like a good place.
Unread 06-17-2013, 01:48 PM   #26
Kaze Saffire
...Rose.

A general good spot to meetup/have a photoshoot in general would be the outdoor fountains. I've never really traveled far away from the convention center before ( went deep into the harbor once but that was with my cousin and his friends and they knew where they were going )

Katsucon 20:

Thursday: Hamtaro
Friday - Default Alibaba Salujah
Fog Troupe Alibaba Salujah

Facebook meh XD http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...00003760496949
Kaze Saffire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 07:49 PM   #27
BetrThanSeguchi

Do you mean the outdoor fountains by the harbor, Kaze-kun? Or ones on the convention grounds (If it are those I'm not as familiar with where they are BUT, I remember the indoor fountains).
Unread 06-18-2013, 09:44 PM   #28
Kaze Saffire
...Rose.

By the harbor sounds about right. You can't miss the outdoor fountains. There's a path from the convention center that leads directly to it actually. You'll know you've hit it when you see a set of stairs leading down to a little area ( there's also a mini tunnel under there that's got like a waterfall thingie running down to the actual fountain that's pretty cool if you've never seen it before. And there's a magical breeze under there too if there aren't already people camping out there XD )

Katsucon 20:

Thursday: Hamtaro
Friday - Default Alibaba Salujah
Fog Troupe Alibaba Salujah

Facebook meh XD http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...00003760496949
Kaze Saffire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 09:26 AM   #29
Naudae
Azure Angelic Cosplayer

Hmmm!!! And here I thought this series was considered "dead" in the cosplay world(no one recognized me at Katsucon...sad face...)

But, if you need an Ayame, I'm in! Just let me know when this meetup takes place!

Planned Conventions and Outfits

Deliberating options...
Naudae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 07:25 PM   #30
BetrThanSeguchi

Please do! Everyone's welcome! And that's tragic, Naudae! I would have recognized you (I almost took Yuki to Katsu but I ended up not going this year)!! I've seen a few Fruba cosplayers sprinkled at cons in the area but not a large group in a long time.

I know the harbor, so we have the option of the fountains and the area I suggested. They're not horribly far from each other. We can all decide there. I think meeting in the main lobby would be the easiest place to meet and head over. Since a few people said they are first timers (and last year was my first year) I recall that main front lobby entrance if often the easiest place to remember bearings-wise for newbies.

So, maybe we could meet there and then head to the fountains/zen garden areas?

Its tentative for 5pm on Saturday but I have a gut feeling T.M Rev. will be playing that night. So, we can see as the schedule is released what will work for everyone. As it gets closer, I'm willing to give others my cell phone number in case they get lost or can't find us.

I'll message it to whoever wants it so it's not posted for eternity on a forum. xD