Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Otakon

Unread 06-19-2013, 07:50 PM   #31
Naudae
Azure Angelic Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetrThanSeguchi View Post
Please do! Everyone's welcome! And that's tragic, Naudae! I would have recognized you (I almost took Yuki to Katsu but I ended up not going this year)!! I've seen a few Fruba cosplayers sprinkled at cons in the area but not a large group in a long time.

I know the harbor, so we have the option of the fountains and the area I suggested. They're not horribly far from each other. We can all decide there. I think meeting in the main lobby would be the easiest place to meet and head over. Since a few people said they are first timers (and last year was my first year) I recall that main front lobby entrance if often the easiest place to remember bearings-wise for newbies.

So, maybe we could meet there and then head to the fountains/zen garden areas?

Its tentative for 5pm on Saturday but I have a gut feeling T.M Rev. will be playing that night. So, we can see as the schedule is released what will work for everyone. As it gets closer, I'm willing to give others my cell phone number in case they get lost or can't find us.

I'll message it to whoever wants it so it's not posted for eternity on a forum. xD

I see! Hopefully we can get a set day and time. I've another gathering I'm thinking of joining(Sonic & SEGA All-Stars), but with any luck, I'll be able to make BOTH! My Ayame really needs more exposure! ...and more than the one blurry photo I have of him. hehe

The indoor fountains(as it's referred to by the convention center) is the easiest place to meet up, but it's also THE MOST crowded area, as it's right at the entrance and right at the mouth of the Game Room. Let's see how it all pans out.

Planned Conventions and Outfits

Otakon 2014
Vaporeon Gijinka - Pokemon
Patchouli Knowledge - Touhou Project
Gilber Beilschmidt/Prussia - Axis Powers Hetalia
Naudae is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-19-2013, 08:42 PM   #32
Kaze Saffire
...Rose.

Lemme know if you end up doing Ayame. I'll switch over to Hatori so we can have more family members.

Katsucon 20:

Thursday: Hamtaro
Friday - Default Alibaba Salujah
Fog Troupe Alibaba Salujah

Facebook meh XD http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...00003760496949
Kaze Saffire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 11:20 PM   #33
Naudae
Azure Angelic Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze Saffire View Post
Lemme know if you end up doing Ayame. I'll switch over to Hatori so we can have more family members.
Just keep me posted as to the official time. I'll likely bring Ayame anyway since he's such a light character to get into, outfit wise.

Otakon 2014
Unread 06-20-2013, 08:13 PM   #34
BetrThanSeguchi

As of now I believe we're shooting on 5pm Saturday. It will definitely be Saturday though. As the schedule comes out if there are time issues for everyone we can discuss and see what seems more plausible.

I hear rumor the main concert will be Saturday night and I know lines are sometimes hours long SO, I am opening to changing times if people agree or a majority have conflicts. ^^ I hope that doesn't conflict with your other gathering, Naudae-san.

And whoever you all choose with be great! I'm so happy you guys are coming.

Also, anyone that wishes to come and help us with photos is welcome. I will also try to recruit a friend or two.

**ON AN EXCITING AND UNRELATED NOTE, Kyou's Japanese voice actor is going to be at Otakon this year! <3 My favorite Japanese VA.**

Someone announced it on one of the other photoshoots I'm doing and I checked on the site and he was there. I wonder when he was announced OR if I overlooked him before.

Last edited by BetrThanSeguchi : 06-20-2013 at 08:33 PM.
BetrThanSeguchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 09:05 PM   #35
Naudae
Azure Angelic Cosplayer

Quote:
As of now I believe we're shooting on 5pm Saturday. It will definitely be Saturday though. As the schedule comes out if there are time issues for everyone we can discuss and see what seems more plausible.

I hear rumor the main concert will be Saturday night and I know lines are sometimes hours long SO, I am opening to changing times if people agree or a majority have conflicts. ^^ I hope that doesn't conflict with your other gathering, Naudae-san.

Also, anyone that wishes to come and help us with photos is welcome. I will also try to recruit a friend or two.

**ON AN EXCITING AND UNRELATED NOTE, Kyou's Japanese voice actor is going to be at Otakon this year! <3 My favorite Japanese VA.**

Someone announced it on one of the other photoshoots I'm doing and I checked on the site and he was there. I wonder when he was announced OR if I overlooked him before.
...Naudae...san?
I like you. I like you a lot! You're awesome! Never has anyone used that suffix with my name. That made my day even better! This Otakon is gonna be even more incredible than it normally is for me! hehe

Otakon 2014
Unread 06-21-2013, 09:36 PM   #36
fayfi13

Quote:

Yes, Kyo's VA was just announced! I was so excited, I probably won't be able to meet him but I really hope to! It seems fitting that there's going to be a Furuba gathering the year he comes back to Otakon.
fayfi13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2013, 02:23 AM   #37
BetrThanSeguchi

No one ever?! XD It's a force of habit sometimes. Awww. <3 But, I'm glad it improved your day. ^_^

I'm excited for this year! Last year was my first and I was overwhelmed. This year feels like I'm going to have way more to do and I feel much more assimilated. I tend to be a smaller con lover so big cons are always iffy for me. But I feel good about this one!

And I KNOW!! I'm so excited about Seki. Amusingly enough all my cosplays this year are from shows he was in. Totally by coincidence. I'm doing Fruba, Gravitation and probably another Gravi character (but I was going to do Weiss Kreuz). xD I give myself partial credit for his arrival.

I think my fangirl-ness willed him here.

http://img3.etsystatic.com/000/0/606....308510499.jpg
Also, I'm having this made. How cute is he? He'll supposedly make it in time. If he does I will be carrying him with me and potentially using him as an adorable prop for photos. If he makes it down a Tohru's shirt, I may have to strangle him though.

It would be too hard to resist.
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j2...kiAndAyame.gif

Last edited by BetrThanSeguchi : 06-22-2013 at 02:31 AM.
Unread 06-22-2013, 08:41 PM   #38
Kaze Saffire
...Rose.

We should go visit him as a "family" I gotta have him sign my dvd insert that I got signed by Justin Cook ( Haru )

Katsucon 20:

Unread 06-22-2013, 11:07 PM   #39
BetrThanSeguchi

That sounds like an amazing idea if people have time to get together and head over at someone point! I'd be down for that. ^^ If he has more than one autograph session I might go back more than once.

(I'm not going to lie. I'm thinking of making him sign next to a tattoo of mine from one of his series. I might... get it tattooed that Saturday if it's one of those moments. I'll decide then. <3)
Unread 06-27-2013, 09:55 PM   #40
BetrThanSeguchi

Just an update!

FYI, I got us a photographer for the shoot but if we use her, we have to be pretty punctual and timing is a little more set-in-stone.

Here is some of her work:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/83598983@N04/

She seems so sweet and she's doing this for us for free. I still want to welcome anyone else who would like to take help with pictures OR to attend the event/photoshoot/meetup.

I'm working on a few props, just FYI. I'm probably going to try to make the zodiac rocks this weekend b. We'll see how that goes. <3 I've got a few ideas. ^^
Unread 06-27-2013, 10:04 PM   #41
Naudae
Azure Angelic Cosplayer

Ah, I see! I see! Well, here's hoping everything with the photographer turns out well. I just hope we don't get screwed out of our photos...because that would suck.

And here's hoping you have fun and get everything done with the props! I can't wait to see how they look!

Otakon 2014
Unread 07-06-2013, 11:13 PM   #42
Naudae
Azure Angelic Cosplayer

Quick question to my fellow cosplayers.

Shoes. I need recommendations on what specific kind of shoes to get for Ayame. I'm a little inept at shoe shopping, so yeah. I know I should get flats...and that's about it...

Otakon 2014
Unread 07-06-2013, 11:48 PM   #43
Kaze Saffire
...Rose.

Airwalks from Payless.

Katsucon 20:

Unread 07-07-2013, 05:47 AM   #44
Naudae
Azure Angelic Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze Saffire View Post
Airwalks from Payless.
Thanks. Now, do you think I can find them in my size?
My shoe size kinda matches Kyou's ego...so...yeah...hehe

Otakon 2014
Unread 07-07-2013, 11:56 AM   #45
Sorano

I'll be doing Kyo and my friend is going to be Momiji but we're doing it Sunday. I'd love to get some photos with some other people though.
Lelouch (Zero) - Code Geass
Weiss - RWBY
Micheal - Roosterteeth/Let's Play Minecraft
Protagonist - Persona 4
Usami - Junjou Romantica
*Secert Cosplay*

Possible Cons:
Tekkoshocon '14
Colossalcon '14
Otakon '14
Sorano is offline   Reply With Quote