Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Otakon

Unread 08-02-2013, 01:09 PM   #61
BetrThanSeguchi

I know! I saw! I had a feeling they would do that. I kind of wanted to go to the Saturday concert myself. (AND I know. Mornings and I don't do well. I was debating on getting his autograph on Saturday or Friday).

Is there a time on Saturday or Friday that everyone agrees on that they'd prefer ?

I'm open to that if it would make it easier on everyone's plans now that the semi-accurate/subject-to-change schedule is available. This time was always a tentative time but, it can be moved if others would prefer.

I will have to talk to the photographer again however if the majority wants to change the times.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3975...5665476481809/

There's the fb link to a copy of the latest schedule for anyone who hasn't seen.

If you can't make it Kaze (or even if you can), I'll definitely look for you in the Seki line. I'll be schoolboy Yuki. I'll insist on a picture.

Last edited by BetrThanSeguchi : 08-02-2013 at 09:36 PM.
BetrThanSeguchi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-03-2013, 05:01 PM   #62
Zenith_Zephyr

I'll be Kyo with my Tohru for this gathering ^^
Zenith_Zephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2013, 07:12 PM   #63
fayfi13

I'm still down for anytime as most of the events I want to go to will happen more than once, and I'm going to be cosplaying Tohru both Friday and Saturday. So no matter what you decide, I'm almost guaranteed to still be there haha. (can't get rid of me ;D )

Last edited by fayfi13 : 08-03-2013 at 07:15 PM.
fayfi13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2013, 07:23 PM   #64
Naudae
Azure Angelic Cosplayer

I'm still showing up as Ayame Sohma, no matter what.
As far as times, I'm good with whatever on Saturday. Whatever you all decide, just decide quick. Five days left at this point. heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetrThanSeguchi View Post
As for the shoes, the amazon person was me. I think the best bet might be ebay then. I typed in: "black slip shoes size 14" in men's shoes and found these pairs:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIB-MENS-CANVAS-FLAT-SLIP-ON-SHOES-SLIPPER-COMFORT-GEAREX-SIZE-UP-TO-13-/281059531230?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&var=580177287432&ha sh=item41707419de

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Crocs-Mens-L...item4ac7318ac1

So, there should be plenty there to choose from with pretty decent shipping times. I just ordered a pair today.

And I know shoe angst this time around. I had to buy nurse's shoes on ebay for Yuki's schoolboy outfit. UNFORTUNATELY they run small and I broke my big toe last week (perfect timing!) so I won't know if they fit until a week and a half until the con, when it's fully healed. xD So, fingers crossed that once I get this hideous boot off my foot that they're like walking on a cloud.
Thanks for the help! I looked into the first link you sent, and got those. Ordered them on the 1st, and got them earlier today. These things fit like a dream! And now that I looked at them with the outfit on, oh man! They are SO choice! Thanks so much! Ayame's gonna be styling his way through the convention center in his new black shoes!

Promotion of My Beloved's Cosplay Page
Pink Lily Cosplay Facebook Page

Planned Conventions and Outfits

TigerCon 2014
Gilbert Beilschmidt/Prussia - Axis Powers Hetalia

Halloween 2014
...still planning this one...
Naudae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2013, 12:03 AM   #65
BetrThanSeguchi

Alright! I made the executive decision to keep the photoshoot for 5pm since everyone for the most part seems fine with this. Predominantly because of our photographer being available. I could get a friend to take pictures for us but they would not come out nearly as well as the girl I'd scheduled with for 5pm.

If anyone wants to meet up with others at another time during any of the days, feel free to set up side meet-ups!

Just as an if-possible thing... if we could meet a few minutes before 5 (just so we're ready for the photographer) that would be wonderful but we will adjust as needed.

I'll try to get my contact information out to you all by PM soon in case you need to contact us on Saturday for anything. I'll also try to update who's coming with the new additions tomorrow (Welcome, Zenith!).

http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/w...9-21-47_99.jpg

Oh! And I finally finished those. What I'll use them for photowise I'm unsure but they took FOREVER. So, I'll definitely use them for something!

And I'm so glad those shoes worked out, Naudae! I thought they looked kind of perfect so I'm so glad. ^^

I can't wait for this weekend!
Unread 08-05-2013, 12:57 AM   #66
CrazySunshine

I'll be Kisa on Saturday, perhaps I stop by at this fabled photoshoot. :>
CrazySunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2013, 09:43 AM   #67
Naudae
Azure Angelic Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySunshine View Post
If I'm right, Kisa is the Tiger, right? If so, she's the most adorable character in the series in my opinion! This should be a damned good shoot! hehe

TigerCon 2014

Halloween 2014
Unread 08-05-2013, 07:11 PM   #68
CrazySunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naudae View Post
If I'm right, Kisa is the Tiger, right? If so, she's the most adorable character in the series in my opinion! This should be a damned good shoot! hehe
Yeah, she's the tiger. And she is very cute! uwu I made tiger ears to use with my Necomimi headset so they'll twitch and stuff! :'D
Unread 08-05-2013, 07:52 PM   #69
fayfi13

Quote:
Yay! I'm the year of the tiger so I was really hoping a Kisa would show up <3 Kisa is absolutely adorable.
fayfi13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2013, 08:26 PM   #70
BetrThanSeguchi

Aww!! That sounds so adorable. <3

I updated the list. If I missed anyone let me know. ^^
Unread 08-05-2013, 09:34 PM   #71
Naudae
Azure Angelic Cosplayer

Quote:
Yeah, she's the tiger. And she is very cute! uwu I made tiger ears to use with my Necomimi headset so they'll twitch and stuff! :'D
I've that headset as well! Isn't it just incredible? Granted, I'm nowhere near skilled enough to make ear covers, though. hehe And I honestly want to give you a hug for making such an adorable character come to life like that! I really hope you'll show up on Saturday! I'll be sure to snap some pics of your amazing outfit!

TigerCon 2014

Halloween 2014
Unread 08-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #72
CrazySunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naudae View Post
I've that headset as well! Isn't it just incredible? Granted, I'm nowhere near skilled enough to make ear covers, though. hehe And I honestly want to give you a hug for making such an adorable character come to life like that! I really hope you'll show up on Saturday! I'll be sure to snap some pics of your amazing outfit!
Yay! I'm always open to hugs. ^_^ I'm glad I decided to cosplay her, it was a last-minute decision.

Also (maybe this is a silly question), where is the photoshoot exactly? o^o;;
Unread 08-07-2013, 08:59 PM   #73
BetrThanSeguchi

The shoot will likely be here.
http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/w...49922686_n.jpg

http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/w...31585909_n.jpg

I like the idea of a natural look I know there's a pretty zen garden over by the water. It's a bit of a walk but it's quite pretty. It's around the water. A little past the Ripley's.

I figured the main front entrance BUT, i think Kaze's suggestion of the outdoor fountains by the harbor would be easy to spot. It's a little off-grounds but, you can't miss it (it's near number 3 on the map, the little fountain picture is even on there xD).

https://www.otakon.com/images_content/location_map.pdf

Let's go with that because we would be closer to the photo place and have more scenery (also, I'm still in a foot boot when walking long distances so its best for me to have a head start).

We'll meet there BY 5. Leave a little bit before if possible so we don't waste our hour with the photographer.

I PMed everyone who's going to the photoshoot (according to the list one the first page) my contact info. Use it if you need to. I'll have my phone on me and I get calls and texts.
Unread 08-13-2013, 08:44 AM   #74
BetrThanSeguchi

Hey guys. For anyone whose contact information I don't have outside of here, this is the fb album link to the photos on the photographer's page.

If you want credited, let me know your information and where you want it linked or tagged.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...41742& type=3