Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Boston

Unread 03-19-2004, 11:17 PM   #1
Flippy
GET SOME TEA! ^%$#!

Anybody want to group cosplay Full Metal Alchemist?

I know that FMA is a new series and it's not full exposed yet but in my opinion it's a great series....I was considering doing Winry from Full Metal Alchemist.....if you've never seen the series at least watch it, your doing your self a favor. If you know about FMA or just want think about group cosplaying it that would be great .......just add your thoughts to the thread and let me know...

________
...mm
/^(..)^\
\,(..),/
..V~~V
Flippy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-20-2004, 08:21 AM   #2
Catboi Blues
Magical Liopleurodon

I plan on having my Ed ready by AB, automail and all. Also I'll have my State Alchemist uniform with me.
Catboi Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2004, 09:42 AM   #3
Flippy
GET SOME TEA! ^%$#!

wow....someone actual answered my plea....yeah.....this makes my morning!!!!!!......thank you Catboi Bluescat.......I hope that other cosplay members are also interested in group cosplaying FMA.....even if we have double characters that is 100% okay.....the more FMA cosplayers the better.

________
...mm
/^(..)^\
\,(..),/
..V~~V
Unread 03-20-2004, 10:59 AM   #4
RX 03
Doubleyuu tee eff?

I'll be there as Ed, with maybe a mini-Al.

I think Oshi will be coming as Roy aswell.

Next Convention: Anime Expo
RX 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2004, 03:24 PM   #5
Flippy
GET SOME TEA! ^%$#!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX 03
I'll be there as Ed, with maybe a mini-Al.

I think Oshi will be coming as Roy aswell.
Thanks........I'm so happy that you guys came come to Animeboston ....I'm so happy people want to group cosplay FMA!

________
...mm
/^(..)^\
\,(..),/
..V~~V
Unread 03-20-2004, 07:06 PM   #6
EvilMoogleQueen
kupo or die

I'm planning on doing a really quick Winry. Its going to be pretty ghetto... but whatever. I wanted to show my FMA love... but I don't have to much time. So forget those god damn purple pants of doom... I'm sticking to khakis or sweat pants
EvilMoogleQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2004, 07:20 PM   #7
Hikaru_Ayanami
Hikaru_Ayanami

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMoogleQueen
I'm planning on doing a really quick Winry. Its going to be pretty ghetto... but whatever. I wanted to show my FMA love... but I don't have to much time. So forget those god damn purple pants of doom... I'm sticking to khakis or sweat pants

Are u people going to AX? if so i already have a group of people going but we are going all as State Alchemist meaning we will just be wearing the unifrom. Just wanted to say that. Any way cool u cosplay from FMA but i dont like copying other people that one reason why im not doing and AL or ED dont get me wroing i still like them
Hikaru_Ayanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2004, 07:52 PM   #8
Flippy
GET SOME TEA! ^%$#!

EvilMoogleQueen....I'll pm the other people that have said that they are interested closer to the con and ask what day they were going to cosplay a FMA character and work it out from there....and don't worry my Winry is bootleg at the moment...hehe....I need a wig.

Hikaru_Ayanami.....State Alchemists still fit the genre of FMA....so you can be apart of the group...if not just take some pictures if you want....just a few minutes wouldn't hurt.

________
...mm
/^(..)^\
\,(..),/
..V~~V
Unread 03-20-2004, 10:20 PM   #9
EvilMoogleQueen
kupo or die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikaru_Ayanami
Are u people going to AX? if so i already have a group of people going but we are going all as State Alchemist meaning we will just be wearing the unifrom. Just wanted to say that. Any way cool u cosplay from FMA but i dont like copying other people that one reason why im not doing and AL or ED dont get me wroing i still like them
I'm not going to AX...sorry... but I'll probably be at otakon.

I don't mind if there are a lot of FMA cosplayers... actually that is a good thing. FMA needs more recognition. ^^
EvilMoogleQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2004, 01:43 PM   #10
Sami
» star*stealing girl

Yay, I will be Ed at AnimeBoston! ^____^ FMA is the best, I love this series.. we must spread the FMA goodness!! XD XD

sen - ti - ment - has - got - me - feelin'!
Sami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2004, 06:01 PM   #11
Flippy
GET SOME TEA! ^%$#!

Yeah FMA is all good...well expect for the whole killing of Nina..that was harsh...but forget about that for now....and welcome aboard Sami.

________
...mm
/^(..)^\
\,(..),/
..V~~V

Last edited by Flippy : 03-21-2004 at 06:03 PM.
Unread 03-22-2004, 09:33 AM   #12
Avatrix
Jounin

I only discovered FMA while in Japan a couple of weeks ago, so I won't make it... but I am planning to put together a State Alchemist for the future. Debating between doing Hughes, because no one else will probably do him, and I'd have so much fun running up to people and insisting they agree with me that 3-year old in the picture is so adorable! ^_^

Also, I know of a friend who will be doing a Winry at some point--not sure which day though.
Avatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2004, 07:01 PM   #13
Flippy
GET SOME TEA! ^%$#!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatrix
I only discovered FMA while in Japan a couple of weeks ago, so I won't make it... but I am planning to put together a State Alchemist for the future. Debating between doing Hughes, because no one else will probably do him, and I'd have so much fun running up to people and insisting they agree with me that 3-year old in the picture is so adorable! ^_^

Also, I know of a friend who will be doing a Winry at some point--not sure which day though.
Sounds like a funny idea....it's a great running koke for the series...and i'm happy that hughes does it...it shows that not every state alchemist has to be so serious all the time.

Anyway is EvilMoogleQueen the friend that was going to do Winry? If so she has already responed....thanks for the info Avatrix

________
...mm
/^(..)^\
\,(..),/
..V~~V
Unread 03-22-2004, 07:08 PM   #14
Flippy
GET SOME TEA! ^%$#!

Okay from what I found out on the AnimeBoston website is that they have a Clubhouse where group can schedule a time period and a room to meet a group. I can see how that can be helpful since the con will be very crowded and it could be a pain in the ass to main floor. This way everyone will be able to find every one else interested in FMA group cosplaying....and it might be a little calmer/ less noisy in the room where they have the clubhouse, this why we could all talk.

http://www.animeboston.com/events/c.../sched.shtml#cc

Does anyone think that is a good idea? If so then I have to submit a request for a time slot and the room. If the majority of you just want to meet up at the main area or some landmark and take a batch of pictures that's fine with at least me.

If you guys read this post then please write your opinion about if we should have a clubhouse spot or not. And if so what time is the best for you?
Thank you guys again!

PS...I also went on to a number of other anime/cosplay related site's forums and invited the cosplayers there to join the FMA group if there were going to AnimeBoston...and so far I've recieved some offers by doing that.

________
...mm
/^(..)^\
\,(..),/
..V~~V
Unread 03-22-2004, 07:33 PM   #15
RX 03
Doubleyuu tee eff?

I think the clubhouse might be nice to talk, but we should try to meet on the main floor to get picture's taken as a group. ^_^;;

Next Convention: Anime Expo
RX 03 is offline   Reply With Quote