Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Props/Accessories/Armor

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-01-2013, 07:09 AM   #1
ladderowl

Thumbs up Sejuani's Props and Boar

Hello guys!
As you know the new storyline of Freljord came to the world of League of Legends with lots of other new things! And I absolutely LOOOOOOOVE SEJUANI'S NEW LOOK.
I'm in desperate need of cosplaying as Sejuani now and I need lots of help with her props and boar XD

Here are some pics:
http://www.lolking.net/models/?champion=113&skin=0
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...17011743_o.jpg

I believe there's a material called Worbla for armour-like accessories. Is it good? Do you guys have any idea how I can make the gems and things?

AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING. Is it possible for me to make her boar as a toy, I mean like this:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/f9ccafc58...x73o1_1280.jpg

Maybe the cosplayers here or some of you know her I don't know.. I'm desperate! XD

Helps will be much appreciated.. Thanks! (:
ladderowl is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-02-2013, 12:41 AM   #2
Nostrum
R4Hscal

"As you know". No, I didn't know. I don't play L.o.L.

Are you asking to be put in contact with this cosplayer? She's Britthebadger on d.A, and the same again on Facebook.

You're asking a hugely unspecific question in regards to your costume. Maybe first have a look at Britt's d.A page, and follow any links. And then look up Kamui who has a tutorial on making gems. Seriously, Google is your best friend. Just search "[x] tutorial" and you'll get hits. (As in, replace [x] with the word you want, be it worbla armour, Sejuani costume, gems, etc.

I'd love to help you out, but without specific questions to answer, I can't do much than point you in the direction of the internet.
Nostrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 03:25 PM   #3
ladderowl

What I meant was "How can I make a rideable toy boar". Thanks!
ladderowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 03:37 PM   #4
Zil

I think that actually might be a person in a quad suit (which is, as far as I understand, a fursuit with stilts in the arms that lets you walk easily on all fours.) So you would need a partner willing to follow you around in said suit, although I doubt you would be able to sit on their back without causing extreme discomfort. You could make a stationary lifesized prop, but without going into some pretty serious robotics I doubt you'd be able to accomplish the walking part.
Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 04:20 PM   #5
Boreotheria
n00b

Yep, that's definitely someone in a suit, not a giant plushie, and I doubt she can ride on him/her.

If you wanted to make a giant plushie that you could sit on, it would be heavy if it was also strong enough for you to ride. Maybe get a big rocking horse that you can pad and fur over, and put wheels on it to drag it around. And probably check ahead of time with the convention because that could be an obstacle as far as props are concerned.
Unread 05-04-2013, 03:59 AM   #6
Kelley
Devil of Details

Ooo, I thought I replied to this. Yeah, person in a suit - something that big would have to be literally dragged around by you and would be a big hassle and bump around and get dirty and fall over and all that.

It would be difficult and expensive as balls to make the boar life-size, rideable, and able to walk. And I have doubts it could be accomplished by a hobbyist who doesn't already have a heavy background in robotics - it would be seriously cutting edge work if you could do it. Check this out, you'd have to know how to program all those sensors and stuff - a cool project and all but not something to really jump into without preparation and knowledge in programming and stuff.

For a convention I think a hold-able sized one would be fine and would be cute and add to the character without inconveniencing other people.

I'd also consider your budget - that would be a LOT of faux fur in one big enough to sit on and that stuff is pretty expensive - like usually $20/y and I wouldn't be surprised if that thing is using 8-10 yards of faux fur - over $150 just in the faux fur for it without even getting into everything else.

Worbla is a thermoplastic that melts at a relatively low temperature - so you can shape it by heating with a heat gun and your hands instead of special tools or having to create sculpts and cast, et cetera. You can just paint the gems or you can get into casting resin or something like that - there are a lot of ways to accomplish these kinds of things.

Actually in the pipes:
- Remaking Ser Loras doublet.
- Luke Skywalker, A New Hope
- Wind Waker starter costume in swim material
Eventually: Paul from Dune, Faramir, Harry Sullivan
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2013, 09:10 AM   #7
Nostrum
R4Hscal

She did have posed shots of her on his back, and from very vague memory I think it was her boyfriend in the quadsuit.

I've done a lot of reading and research on quadsuits, and they are not cheap. Really, really not cheap. I'm budgeting $1,500 at the moment, but that's not including buying an airbrush. My quadsuit doesn't have any fur on it, which you could easily add another $200-$400+ depending on the quality of fur. And then you've got the time factor. I've been working on mine for three months, and have postponed it's finish date to next June, as it won't be anywhere near ready by this June.

Edit: I have seen other builds in a similar vein costing $3,000+
Nostrum is offline   Reply With Quote