Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 05-11-2013, 02:09 PM   #16
Akune-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by evaunit01berser View Post
same style, a different approach.

akune, you are not wrong. Do a little google search and you will find a lot of girls that fell for a scheme for a session that was allegedly "private" and is now posted on amatuer fap sites.

Seriously, any mention of "taking off clothes" should be an instant push of that red hang up button.
Agreed.

However now I am being threatened by this person with a lawsuit and she/he is demanding that I show proof about what I am saying about him/her.

I am honestly torn now since I am unable to block people from my FB page if they do not comment or like my page. =/ This person has been messaging me and only recently they finally commented on my page, resulting in me banning this person from my page.

However, there seems to be multiple accounts with this name.

Unread 05-11-2013, 05:11 PM   #17
Captain Kaiba
What's up, Proto-butt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akune-chan View Post
Agreed.

However now I am being threatened by this person with a lawsuit and she/he is demanding that I show proof about what I am saying about him/her.

I am honestly torn now since I am unable to block people from my FB page if they do not comment or like my page. =/ This person has been messaging me and only recently they finally commented on my page, resulting in me banning this person from my page.

If you've got proof, get it just in case that psych-job actually tries bringing you to court. I would think presenting the threat of blackmail involving Model Mayhem would be a good start.

Of course, I am not a lawyer. Tread with caution because people like these are unpredictable; he could be trying to scare you or he could be insane enough to actually try and sue you.
Captain Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2013, 10:43 AM   #18
MehiraDeOro

Thank you so much for posting this! This is common sense but sometimes people forget and get excited and happy that someone wants to paint them.

And of course he wants "legal action" you're the first person to speak up about it. I've already blocked him so I will not deal with it.
MehiraDeOro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2013, 01:02 PM   #19
Akune-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MehiraDeOro View Post
Thank you so much for posting this! This is common sense but sometimes people forget and get excited and happy that someone wants to paint them.

And of course he wants "legal action" you're the first person to speak up about it. I've already blocked him so I will not deal with it.
Thankfully I was able to block him/her/it afterward blocking messaging on my fb page ><;

I really hope its over!
Unread 05-12-2013, 07:24 PM   #20
mikiming

Please help!

Currently I was scammed by this person. I am young and stupid for actually doing what they he asked of me. I dont know what to do. He is trying to black mail me. Also he was trying to be a pedophile by wanting to use my little brother. I never let him and I blocked him from skype. Please no judgment. I know what I did was stupid and wrong. I just dont know what kind of legal action I should take. Please help please. I feel violated and I want this person stopped!
mikiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2013, 07:47 PM   #21
evaunit01berser
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akune-chan View Post
Agreed.

ROFL? threatening lawsuits? wow, they are getting aggressive aren't they. You walk up to a person asking them to strip on camera? what did he expect to happen? daffodils to start dancing?

Fucking awkward beard is what this guy is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiming View Post
Currently I was scammed by this person. I am young and stupid for actually doing what they he asked of me. I dont know what to do. He is trying to black mail me. Also he was trying to be a pedophile by wanting to use my little brother. I never let him and I blocked him from skype. Please no judgment. I know what I did was stupid and wrong. I just dont know what kind of legal action I should take. Please help please. I feel violated and I want this person stopped!
calling the cops would be a good start
Unread 05-12-2013, 08:53 PM   #22
Akune-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiming View Post

I responded to your pm hon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evaunit01berser View Post
ROFL? threatening lawsuits? wow, they are getting aggressive aren't they. You walk up to a person asking them to strip on camera? what did he expect to happen? daffodils to start dancing?

Fucking awkward beard is what this guy is.
He has deleted his accounts on FB, but his Skype account and website are still up.
Unread 05-12-2013, 11:15 PM   #23
ichigo_m.
Eli Ebberts

I was just contacted by this person this morning. I said no, obviously.
But I see that their facebook was removed. Good thing! (:
Unread 05-14-2013, 10:59 AM   #24
Akune-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichigo_m. View Post
I was just contacted by this person this morning. I said no, obviously.
But I see that their facebook was removed. Good thing! (:
Were they using the same username?
It would be really important if you could message me with any information about this person since it seems like he is still lurking on other sites. :]
Unread 05-14-2013, 12:05 PM   #25
Loveable-Eve
Moe Destroyer of Worlds

I think the "legal action" he's thearting you with is nothing more than a scare tatic. You clearly has more on him than you have on him.

I think what should be done right now is educating everyone so what happened to Miki won't happen again.
Because law tends to rarely do thing about issues like this. or at leastin my experince. I am sure it will be the same old, "oh well they didn't touch you and even if they did it's some how your fault"
Drag Cloud - Final Fantasy 7: Need dress, wig and braids
Bahamat - Fantasy 4: I need wig, and to make the wings
The Best Costume Ever - It's a surprise: All I need is the wig!
Loveable-Eve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 01:15 PM   #26
Akune-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveable-Eve View Post
I think the "legal action" he's thearting you with is nothing more than a scare tatic. You clearly has more on him than you have on him.

I think what should be done right now is educating everyone so what happened to Miki won't happen again.
Because law tends to rarely do thing about issues like this. or at leastin my experince. I am sure it will be the same old, "oh well they didn't touch you and even if they did it's some how your fault"
I am on that right now. =]
I created multiple threads, one on Cosplay.com (derp), intrapals, Gaiaonline and made a video on FB since I realized the majority of people do not like to read a massive wall of text. ^^;
Unread 05-14-2013, 01:26 PM   #27
HareyuNanami
Princess of Dreams :3

I was contacted over Skype about a year ago.
Really creepy honestly >_> at first I was really flattered but being in Japan at the time I couldn't do anything cosplay related (thank goodness) but I can't believe this thing is still on going. Thought he would stop by now knowing that an entire community knows about his shinanigans. Its really creepy >_>

Cosplay List!

Convention List
CON-G 2014
Costume Con Toronto 2014
Anime North 2014
FanExpo 2014

My Youtube
HareyuNanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 01:33 PM   #28
Akune-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HareyuNanami View Post
I was contacted over Skype about a year ago.
Really creepy honestly >_> at first I was really flattered but being in Japan at the time I couldn't do anything cosplay related (thank goodness) but I can't believe this thing is still on going. Thought he would stop by now knowing that an entire community knows about his shinanigans. Its really creepy >_>
He won't stop until we as a community just band together and spread this like wild fire.

In fact, I actually had girls that messaged me saying that they didn't initially believe me since after this creep commented my video, they (the victims) contacted him and he claimed that "I am a liar and that I was only trying to hurt his business."

Like...wow. I just don't understand why people (mostly younger girls) do not believe that this is going on.
Unread 05-14-2013, 02:51 PM   #29
Loveable-Eve
Moe Destroyer of Worlds

Some people think everyone on the internet are their friends.
I had a friend when we were younger who trusted everyone online. I had to tell her to stop being stupid. I remember when I was younger and started out cosplaying I was very insecure. If someone said they loved my work I would be very honored, even more if they said they wanted to paint me.
Drag Cloud - Final Fantasy 7: Need dress, wig and braids
Bahamat - Fantasy 4: I need wig, and to make the wings
The Best Costume Ever - It's a surprise: All I need is the wig!
Loveable-Eve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 03:33 PM   #30
Akune-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveable-Eve View Post
Some people think everyone on the internet are their friends.
I had a friend when we were younger who trusted everyone online. I had to tell her to stop being stupid. I remember when I was younger and started out cosplaying I was very insecure. If someone said they loved my work I would be very honored, even more if they said they wanted to paint me.
Oh trust me, I was honored at the thought as well and I have been cosplaying for about 3 years now.
However thankfully, I noticed all of the red flags.

I really feel about about those girls though...