Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 05-04-2013, 02:31 PM   #1
Kibalover100
Super Kiba!

Help

So I have bad knees and bad hips. It's hard for me to do any exercise, but I want to tone my body as well as flatten my stomach. I have no idea what to do to help this. Also, I would like some muscle as I can barely pick up a five year old kid without struggling. Is there anything I can do to do this?

Also, I would like to start eating healthier. what can I eat and how much? I'm 5'6", 127 pounds, and eat fast food.... A LOT. Also just plain junk food, especially chips. I just need some help.
Kibalover100 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-04-2013, 03:04 PM   #2
Slapthefatcat
The man with the guns.

Sounds like you just need to clean up your diet. You already know you eat way too much fast food.
Zoro - One Piece (Eventually)
Ippo - Hajime no Ippo (Eventually)
Kaito Yashio -Robotics; Notes (Otakon 2013, Completed)
Free - Soul Eater (Otakon 2013, Completed)
Gai - Guilty Crown (Katsucon 2014, Completed)
Shu Ouma - Guilty Crown (Katsucon 2014, Dropped)
Slapthefatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2013, 05:39 PM   #3
Boreotheria

I think the best thing anyone can do to escape the fast food thing is to learn to cook. Use a cookbook, make your own meals from fresh ingredients, and you'll already have cut out a huge amount of the junk from your diet.

The other thing is, keep track of the money you save by not buying fast-food meals. That's good motivation too. :P

Regarding exercise: if there's a gym or a community pool near you, or a university campus fitness centre where non-students can take classes, see if they have any kind of aqua fitness programs. If you're new at working out regularly and you have joint problems, that would be a good place to start. It's really low impact but you get the cardio workout and some muscle building too, depending on the intensity of the program.
Random steampunk wardrobe items

boreotheria@deviantart
Boreotheria is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2013, 08:04 PM   #4
Drazhar

Go do some yoga, especially DDP's variety.

There are threads about it already.
Drazhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 08:54 AM   #5
Arbite
Shut up and move!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibalover100 View Post
So I have bad knees and bad hips. It's hard for me to do any exercise, but I want to tone my body as well as flatten my stomach. I have no idea what to do to help this. Also, I would like some muscle as I can barely pick up a five year old kid without struggling. Is there anything I can do to do this?

Also, I would like to start eating healthier. what can I eat and how much? I'm 5'6", 127 pounds, and eat fast food.... A LOT. Also just plain junk food, especially chips. I just need some help.
What exactly is wrong? Because there are a number of rehab exercises that can be done to help with issues. Lifting actually helped with my back pain.
Arbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2013, 09:31 PM   #6
empyriel101

Walking is good for starters. Take a walk around your neighborhood everyday is a good place to get started.
But you are really within your average weight, so to lose anymore weight is not good but to work on toning would be a good idea.
empyriel101 is offline   Reply With Quote