Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 05-05-2013, 12:11 AM   #1
Kanako Maeda
Kanako - Icon of Revenge

So, how is the year 2013 going for you?

Mine has been rough, but I'm trying to keep my spirits up. At least for Fanime.
How about the rest of you?

STILL a Noob crossplayer.
Kanako Maeda is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-05-2013, 12:45 AM   #2
MeiChama
Variable Trigger!

Eh, it's going okay. I'm having my ups and downs due to stress caused by work. :/

Cons Attending
[Miku Expo]

dA
Facebook
Instagram
MeiChama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 01:56 AM   #3
Kanako Maeda
Kanako - Icon of Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeiChama View Post
Eh, it's going okay. I'm having my ups and downs due to stress caused by work. :/
Yeah. It seems like work related stress is a lot more prevalent with people than it was in just the previous year. At least, that was the case for me last year. What do you do if you don' t mind me asking?

Unread 05-05-2013, 02:00 AM   #4
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Aww. My year started off awful (also job related) but it's been pretty darn great from February on. I hope things look up for you guys!

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 05:57 AM   #5
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

This year has been mostly on the good side for me, I'm happy to say! The first half of 2012 was really chaotic and pretty ridiculous for me, so I'm glad the first half of 2013 showed improvement.
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Hilda, Player Character (Pokemon Black): 18% (Sewing) ?????
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 06:35 AM   #6
BlooShine

I've had a lot of pros on and cons on my year already. Trying to outweigh the bad with good, but it gets hard. There's a lot of changes that are happening and I'm starting to be more of an adult, so it's a little nerve-wracking.

Big 'ole list of cosplays!

Levy - Fairy Tail
Menma - Ano Hana
Ranka Lee - Macross Frontier
Xiao - Dark Cloud (Remaking cosplay)
Eris, Goddess of Discord and Chaos - Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
BlooShine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 03:38 PM   #7
Kanako Maeda
Kanako - Icon of Revenge

I'm in the same boat. I guess it's mostly about getting adjusted, huh? So far 2013 has been slow and uneventful for the most part but I'm trying to keep my spirits up. Tomorrow's always another day,right? So have all of you guys pinned down any of your new years resolutions?

Michi - I'm glad things turned around for ya! I hope to see you at Fanime! I'll be going as Kakashi (X) SnJ version XD

BlooShine - "I'm starting to be more of an adult" It kind of sucks all the fun out of everything to a small extent, huh? XD

StarsCASSiOPEiA - What happened in the first half of 2012? A lot of little things or something major?

Last edited by Kanako Maeda : 05-05-2013 at 04:04 PM.
Unread 05-05-2013, 07:02 PM   #8
BlooShine

It does! And I'm not even 21 yet so I can't enjoy all of the adult stuff, even if I'm already feeling like one.
This year I've really realized that I have like, almost no friends. I have "friends" (acquaintances), that act like friends that tell me we should hang out, and then they never talk to me after that.
I need to make new friends and it's so hard. ;_;

Big 'ole list of cosplays!

Levy - Fairy Tail
Menma - Ano Hana
Ranka Lee - Macross Frontier
Xiao - Dark Cloud (Remaking cosplay)
Eris, Goddess of Discord and Chaos - Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
BlooShine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 07:13 PM   #9
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

Kanako_Maeda: No one big event, just eight or so months of constant rushing from one thing to another. It wasn't even bad, per say, just really stressful when things piled up. I just felt like there was never an opportunity to catch my breath!

Plus, the first half of 2013 had a lot of REALLY GOOD things that happened, thanks to all the hard work I put in during 2012. Feels awesome to see results, you know?
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Hilda, Player Character (Pokemon Black): 18% (Sewing) ?????
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 07:16 PM   #10
AnimeLuxray25
The Gijinka Girl

My year so far has been meh. I just want school to get out already.

~ don't judge other cosplayers, because in the end we all look silly wearing wig caps :3 ~

2014 Cosplay(s): Shinx Gijinka (Shiny Version) [Pokémon] - 100%

2014 Conventions: | KnightroKon | Mythicon | Holiday Matsuri |

deviantART: AnimeLuxray25
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 09:57 PM   #11
shoelace
patoot

2013 started out terribly, but I'm finally going to be going to school for what I love, and I'm finally overcoming the depression that's been crippling me for the past ten years. Couldn't ask for more.
shoelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 10:05 PM   #12
Ilafatyu
That guy

Pretty well, and pretty badly. Physically, I'm so far improved from 2012. I've started eating more, went back to working out after years of illness. I'm not just a bag of bones held together by skin and bandaids. I can wake up in the morning and not collapse.

Woke up to discover all my friends had gone on with their lives, though. Kind of sucked to realize I'm alone. It's getting to the point that I sometimes wonder if I should just go crawling back to an ex to have someone, anyone, to be around. Yeah.

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (uniform - RWBY) - 20%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 10:19 PM   #13
Hallowin

Not so good, i have to take pills everyday, but except this, everything goes very well ^^
What
I
Love
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Cosplay1

Cosplay2
~~~~~~~~~~~
Hallowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 11:30 PM   #14
blufox4900

Alright so far. Took a semester off from school so I can focus on fitness. Planning a ton for conventions, big ones mostly. My grandmother's demetia's getting bad, though, and my brother's on his second deployment with the Navy & I have no idea where he is (If I did then something's not right).

Also not getting much photography practice lately.
blufox4900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 01:05 AM   #15
Kanako Maeda
Kanako - Icon of Revenge

I'm kind of bummed to hear that people are struggling so much in 2013 but at the same time, since I too am going through my own personal battles, (primarily trying to stave off depression, and going through gender identity crisis's every 5 minutes) it's somewhat healing to know I'm not alone. Come on, everybody. We can all get through our hardships!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooShine View Post
It does! And I'm not even 21 yet so I can't enjoy all of the adult stuff, even if I'm already feeling like one.
This year I've really realized that I have like, almost no friends. I have "friends" (acquaintances), that act like friends that tell me we should hang out, and then they never talk to me after that.
I need to make new friends and it's so hard. ;_;
I'm in the same boat actually. I have a few real life friends, but because of the way I am, I have the HARDEST time connecting with them! I have trouble getting out there too so it's even harder to make new ones. I hear ya. *fistbump* That's kind of why I started this thread though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeLuxray25 View Post
My year so far has been meh. I just want school to get out already.
A bunch of my internet friends are sweating over the same thing. Exams are getting crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelace View Post
2013 started out terribly, but I'm finally going to be going to school for what I love, and I'm finally overcoming the depression that's been crippling me for the past ten years. Couldn't ask for more.
I'm so glad you're getting out of the depression rut. I just hit a 5-6 month straight on BLAST of it recently and am just getting out of it. And yeah....10 years of depression is no joke. *hugs* Depression is like doing going head to head with the devil. I went through my whole adolescent life struggling with it, without being aware of it....and it has done its damage. I'm glad you're getting through it though. Hang in there! You can note me if you need to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilafatyu View Post
Pretty well, and pretty badly. Physically, I'm so far improved from 2012. I've started eating more, went back to working out after years of illness. I'm not just a bag of bones held together by skin and bandaids. I can wake up in the morning and not collapse.

Woke up to discover all my friends had gone on with their lives, though. Kind of sucked to realize I'm alone. It's getting to the point that I sometimes wonder if I should just go crawling back to an ex to have someone, anyone, to be around. Yeah.
Awww. I'm sorry to hear that you went through such a crisis. Do you have a planned regiment for eating healthily? Forgive my nosiness and feel free not to answer if too intrusive, but was it a mental issue or did you contract something through hereditary conditions? Again I'm sorry if that comes off as too nosy. Though my ailment is different, I know,all too well, it's life impeding detriments. It's definitely good to see that you( and others) are definitely on the road to success though! ! I'm in the same kind of lonely boat as you are. Friends have grown up and moved on while I'm still muddling around. You'll find someone though ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by blufox4900 View Post
Alright so far. Took a semester off from school so I can focus on fitness. Planning a ton for conventions, big ones mostly. My grandmother's demetia's getting bad, though, and my brother's on his second deployment with the Navy & I have no idea where he is (If I did then something's not right).

Also not getting much photography practice lately.
Ohh yeah....Dementia is a nasty one. I know one of my internet friends has gone through something similar with his mom. Also not knowing the whereabouts of a loved one, but knowing they could be in danger is also gut wrenching. That's heartbreaking.....Although I can imagine it being next to impossible. have you tried taking your mind off of everything?
Not because you don't care or anything, but just because it's not healthy to stew everything around in your brain.

OOPS I forgot to quote you!StarsCASSiOPEiA ^_^;
Although I work from home, I can certainly understand the not being able to catch my own breath or think my own thoughts XD I do audio contracting and trying to entertain multiple projects is certainly taxing to say the very least! XD