Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Introductions

Unread 05-05-2013, 08:04 AM   #1
Karawr

'Ello to all of the people!

As I slowly become more active on the forums, I've realized that I never actually introduced myself (I'm awful, ain't I?) So I decided to drop in here to say HELLO!

My name is Kara and I'm 20 years old. I am currently pursuing a career in film editing and I work at a local CBS news station. I'm a huge geek in every single way possible, and I often spend my days playing D&D, playing my many video games (PC gamer all the way, woohoo!) reading lots of books and wasting my life away on tumblr. I've been going to conventions for about 5 or 6 (?) years now, but I've done very little Cosplay, mainly because I am extremely shy and I have a problem with my self esteem. Recently though I've dived into Cosplaying projects and I've been enjoying it immensely. This is the first year that I planned more then one Cosplay and it's exciting for me. I even ventured into the whole sewing my own Cosplay area, though that's failing rather amazingly.

Dream Cosplaying projects include Vault Dweller (Fallout 3), Lisbeth (SAO), Merrill (Dragon Age), Zelda (LoZ) and Belle (Beauty and the Beast)

Oh and I live in Maine, and I usually attend PortCon and Anime Boston every year.
Karawr is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-05-2013, 09:19 AM   #2
avskull
Seattle, WA cosplayer

Kara intersting film editing, i'll assume your taliking about video editing, not mant people cut and splice film anymore. video editing can be very involving. hehe cbs, do you work the switching boards? yeah cosplay will help the self esteem. pcgaming is for the win, yeah have fun sewing
Unread 05-05-2013, 10:43 AM   #3
Karawr

Yeah, it's a bad habit of mine, calling it film. I apologize haha. I do work the switchboards, both for lighting and for running the commercials and programs and making sure we stay on air. xD
Karawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 11:24 AM   #4
avskull
Seattle, WA cosplayer

i see you control the stuido lights and cut between signal feeds. I always wanted have a fancy tricaster hooked up to a bunched of gen locked cameras, but that stuff not cheap.