Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Otakon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-08-2013, 04:45 PM   #16
expelliarmus359

Doing my femme Nightwing ^____^
expelliarmus359 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-08-2013, 11:16 PM   #17
StrawberrySiren
Five Feet of POWAH!

As a kid who grew up watching Batman: The Animated Series and totally loving Nightwing, the more Nightwing cosplayers, the happier I am.

Also, I am totally down with a Marvel photoshoot but I don't want to run it. I can help out though, seeing as how I'm really loud.

Tumblr|Twitter|DeviantArt
StrawberrySiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 10:17 PM   #18
Kimmu
silly pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettiebloodshed View Post
A group of friends and I will be doing a gender-bent Thor group. I'll be fem!Balder.
Lady Volstagg the Voluminous here! I am so looking forward to this group. There really needs to be more Thor characters represented in cosplay.

Now if only we could convince someone to be our Man Sif, everything would be perfect.
Kimmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 06:34 PM   #19
Sastis

Maybe we could have a little gathering on Fri Sat or Sunday for DC too unless it'll be with the Marvel shoot?

I have Skype and MSN just message me and ask if you'd like to chat. ^^

Last edited by Sastis : 06-23-2013 at 10:28 PM. Reason: incorrect
Sastis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #20
TreasuresofRule

I know I'm doing my Tony Stark costume on Sunday, so I think that means I'll mostly just be hanging around the edges, stalking everyone at the shoot in my other costume, lol.
Saturday The Winter Soldier -- Captain America 2
Sunday Dean Winchester -- Supernatural
TreasuresofRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 10:11 PM   #21
X3BelovedX3
Chu!

Hey guys! Myself and Kika_es_coolio will be doing Raven and Beast Boy from the Teen Titans animated series. We'll be doing them all day Sunday. I should also be Raven a few other times through out the weekend.

Puppy!Aoba // Fem!Doflamingo // Aoba // Yukata!Aoba

2014 Conventions:

Otakon // Nijicon // Takii

Check Out My Cosplaying Schedules & DA Account:

Schedules & DA
X3BelovedX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 05:51 PM   #22
Tamouri
Sneaking into your dreams

I'll be Ms. Marvel, but not sure what day yet!
Unread 06-26-2013, 11:43 PM   #23
Ledkills_leo

I'm going as Bane Friday or Saturday. A little nervous about shaving my head LoL
Ledkills_leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 03:04 AM   #24
comradecourt
yeezy senpai taught me

Quote:
Originally Posted by priestess_grrrl View Post
I'll be there as Peggy Carter from Captain America. I would suggest that we set up separate photoshoots for DC and Marvel, because there were nearly a hundred people at both Marvel photoshoots last year, and as such it was very difficult to organize. Having both DC and Marvel together is likely to be way too many.

If there is enough interest on here I would also like to have a separate Captain America shoot, or suggest that Captain America folks hang around after the Marvel shoot for a separate mini-shoot. (Last year we had a number of USO girls, and I so wanted to have a group sing of Star Spangled Man...! Also I'm psyched to see Winter Soldier cosplayers! )

If someone would be willing to take charge of the Marvel shoot, that would be ideal. Needs to be someone who has a loud voice and a good sense of how to group characters without leaving anyone out. I would suggest that we schedule two Marvel shoots, Friday and Sat afternoon, at the indoor fountains. 1PM, 2PM, or 3PM are good time slots.

Thoughts?
I don't think Marvel will be as big this year because last year the Avengers movie came out, but I do agree having separate shoots is a good idea. I'm kind of hoping to debut my Winter Soldier cosplay (best case scenario). I'd love to be in charge of the shoot and will probably show up as Female WWII Cap anyways. I was thinking maybe Sunday? But I'm also running a panel and I'm just waiting to find out when Otakon comes up with their schedule :/

But anyways I'm very loud, and can be a bit bossy. But the shoot will get done, and I'll make sure no one gets left out. (To be honest, I was VERY disappointed in the Marvel shoot last year showed up and was completely ignored as female Cap. I won't let anyone get pushed to the side this time)

Next con....

Katsucon!

Thursday- The infamous Gazebo at the Gaylord
Friday- Winter Soldier (Captain America)
Saturday- Bucky Barnes (Post Apocalypse AU)
Sunday- Gazebo again~
comradecourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 03:13 AM   #25
comradecourt
yeezy senpai taught me

Quote:
Originally Posted by priestess_grrrl View Post
I'll be there as Peggy Carter from Captain America. I would suggest that we set up separate photoshoots for DC and Marvel, because there were nearly a hundred people at both Marvel photoshoots last year, and as such it was very difficult to organize. Having both DC and Marvel together is likely to be way too many.

If there is enough interest on here I would also like to have a separate Captain America shoot, or suggest that Captain America folks hang around after the Marvel shoot for a separate mini-shoot. (Last year we had a number of USO girls, and I so wanted to have a group sing of Star Spangled Man...! Also I'm psyched to see Winter Soldier cosplayers! )

If someone would be willing to take charge of the Marvel shoot, that would be ideal. Needs to be someone who has a loud voice and a good sense of how to group characters without leaving anyone out. I would suggest that we schedule two Marvel shoots, Friday and Sat afternoon, at the indoor fountains. 1PM, 2PM, or 3PM are good time slots.

Thoughts?
(agh I'm so mad I just typed an amazing response to this and then it just DISAPPEARS AND DOESN'T POST)

Anyways I'd love to volunteer to be in charge of the Marvel shoot! I am V E R Y loud, will make sure every follows directions, and most importantly no one gets left out or pushed to the side. I feel like last year was a horrible disorganized mess, I was pushed to the side as Female Cap and didn't bother being included in the pictures because of the lack of communication. ANYWAYS this year I'll be cosplaying as (casual? hipster?) Bucky.

I'm not sure what day I'm available yet because I'm running a panel and haven't been told what day or time it is *aggravated sigh*. But I think a good day for the shoot would be Sunday just because the con would be winding down and it won't be as busy or packed and we won't have to fight for certain spots.

Next con....

Katsucon!

Thursday- The infamous Gazebo at the Gaylord
Friday- Winter Soldier (Captain America)
Saturday- Bucky Barnes (Post Apocalypse AU)
Sunday- Gazebo again~
comradecourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 12:37 AM   #26
StrawberrySiren
Five Feet of POWAH!

D: I don't know if I'm wearing my Jubilee cosplay on Sunday.

Tumblr|Twitter|DeviantArt
StrawberrySiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 03:59 PM   #27
twixel

I hope to have my Lady Loki costume complete for Otakon!
Abel [Starfighter]
Kaneki Ken [Tokyo Ghoul]
twixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 07:57 PM   #28
Aces

Currently bringing Ant-Man and possibly Spider-Man, now.
Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 02:12 PM   #29
Eyesabelle

Hello! While this account is not the same one I posted with six months ago, because I am terrible with passwords, so I needed to use an old throwaway account of mine, I am the person(who was dressed as Speedball) who ran the Marvel shoot at Katsucon. Despite a bit of miscommunication regarding the location(after the semi-disastrous Gazebo thing with the other group), people generally seemed to think it went well and reacted positively to another shoot organized and/or partially run by me -- I certainly had a lot of help from people yelling out the next shot when my voice went hoarse later in the shoot.

Now, we're about 5 weeks out from Otakon, so we want to get a set date, time, and location out. I would run the shoot on Saturday, partially because that's when I'm cosplaying Marvel again, but also because more costumers are generally out on Saturday. I note that, on the spreadsheet, the noon timeslot at the indoor fountains is available on Saturday. I think this would be the best place to do it, as we will likely be at least somewhat sizeable, and I do not want to make people walk in spandex et al all the way to the outdoor fountains. There's also the same location at 1, but I'm not sure how big to expect the Nintendo shoot to be and I expect it'd be fairly sizeable or larger than us.

I'd love to run the shoot, having run the one at Katsucon fairly well. I had several people helping me both keep track of the list of shoots to call and helping resolve problems over the course of the shoot, so anyone else who wants to run it, I'd love to work with you.
Eyesabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 08:47 PM   #30
TreasuresofRule

Well considering there seems to be a lot of reception for either sunday or saturday, perhaps multiple shoots are in order? It just a suggestion, but it could work. . maybe possibly? I'm game with whoever wants to run shoots. (helpful, maybe? I dunno?)
Saturday The Winter Soldier -- Captain America 2
Sunday Dean Winchester -- Supernatural
TreasuresofRule is offline   Reply With Quote