Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Otakon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-04-2013, 11:41 PM   #31
Kimmu
silly pervert

Noon on Saturday sounds like a good time to me. I'm afraid anything later may run into issues with getting to see the TMR concert lol I also wouldn't mind smaller Friday and Sunday shoots since I'm really only bringing one costume with me. Or at least I think I am, a friend may be borrowing my Kid Loki from me which will only leave Volstagg for me. And I just love gabbing with comics people.

And some clear direction would be amazing as last year's shoot really was
Kimmu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-05-2013, 12:52 AM   #32
StrawberrySiren
Five Feet of POWAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyesabelle View Post
Hello! While this account is not the same one I posted with six months ago, because I am terrible with passwords, so I needed to use an old throwaway account of mine, I am the person(who was dressed as Speedball) who ran the Marvel shoot at Katsucon. Despite a bit of miscommunication regarding the location(after the semi-disastrous Gazebo thing with the other group), people generally seemed to think it went well and reacted positively to another shoot organized and/or partially run by me -- I certainly had a lot of help from people yelling out the next shot when my voice went hoarse later in the shoot.

Now, we're about 5 weeks out from Otakon, so we want to get a set date, time, and location out. I would run the shoot on Saturday, partially because that's when I'm cosplaying Marvel again, but also because more costumers are generally out on Saturday. I note that, on the spreadsheet, the noon timeslot at the indoor fountains is available on Saturday. I think this would be the best place to do it, as we will likely be at least somewhat sizeable, and I do not want to make people walk in spandex et al all the way to the outdoor fountains. There's also the same location at 1, but I'm not sure how big to expect the Nintendo shoot to be and I expect it'd be fairly sizeable or larger than us.

I'd love to run the shoot, having run the one at Katsucon fairly well. I had several people helping me both keep track of the list of shoots to call and helping resolve problems over the course of the shoot, so anyone else who wants to run it, I'd love to work with you.
I am all for Saturday at noon! Like I said, I don't really want to run the shoot but I'll gladly help you out. Just tell me what needs to be done. Also after being fencing club president for a year and having to yell out footwork drills to around 60 people, I've gotten really good at yelling.

Tumblr|Twitter|DeviantArt
StrawberrySiren is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 01:59 PM   #33
Lord Yoshi
<(-.-)>

Bummer. I probably won't be able to make that. I'll see what I can do.
Lord Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 10:36 PM   #34
vertikal

I was planning on doing Kate Bishop (Hawkeye vol4 suit) on Friday, but if I can manage the quick change between this and a private shoot Saturday at 3, I'll probably pop in here too!
vertikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 09:16 AM   #35
twilightimp626

Marvel Photoshoot, Otakon 2013

I'm going as Peter Parker on Friday this year, and because my RA makes trudging back to the hotel to change costumes on Saturday pretty much impossible (I'm going as Dean, and if I changed I'd end up way too sore and probably end up in my emergency wheelchair), I would like to set up a second Marvel photoshoot on Friday.

Looking at the master post of gatherings, I'm thinking 7 p.m. on Friday at the indoor fountains would be good. Anyone up for it? (Help a rickety arthritic 22 year old out?)
twilightimp626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 12:00 PM   #36
Eyesabelle

Hello TwilightImp626! I am not opposed to another shoot being run, but I do not think I am available at that time, so I unfortunately would not be able to help you out. It's perfectly reasonable to have two shoots for a large convention. In the future when hoping to propose a shoot, please look to make sure there isn't already a thread before making a new thread at first, since that helps keep information centralized.

I see you posted in one of the gathering threads saying five PM, and if you would like, I can put in to this thread with both of the shoot informations to get them on the spreadsheet, listed as such:

FRIDAY MARVEL SHOOT:
Time: 5:00 PM
Shootrunner: TwilightImp626, dressed as Peter Parker

SATURDAY MARVEL SHOOT:
Time: 12 noon
Shootrunner: Tumblr User Robbiebaldwin, dressed as Speedball [I do not use my coscom often]

Additionally once these are sorted out we can make Facebook events and submit the link.

What does everyone think of one Marvel shoot at 5 on Friday and one at noon on Saturday?
Eyesabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 12:37 PM   #37
twilightimp626

I'm fine hosting the Friday shoot myself, and I'll have a couple people that would be willing to help me. It would be at 7, not 5 (I decided to tweak the time a little).

Thanks so much for getting back to me!

(I only used my coscom name because I've got 3 rp blogs and 1 personal on tumblr that I jump around from)

Last edited by twilightimp626 : 07-06-2013 at 12:43 PM.
twilightimp626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 01:10 PM   #38
StrawberrySiren
Five Feet of POWAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyesabelle View Post
Hello TwilightImp626! I am not opposed to another shoot being run, but I do not think I am available at that time, so I unfortunately would not be able to help you out. It's perfectly reasonable to have two shoots for a large convention. In the future when hoping to propose a shoot, please look to make sure there isn't already a thread before making a new thread at first, since that helps keep information centralized.

I see you posted in one of the gathering threads saying five PM, and if you would like, I can put in to this thread with both of the shoot informations to get them on the spreadsheet, listed as such:

FRIDAY MARVEL SHOOT:
Time: 5:00 PM
Shootrunner: TwilightImp626, dressed as Peter Parker

SATURDAY MARVEL SHOOT:
Time: 12 noon
Shootrunner: Tumblr User Robbiebaldwin, dressed as Speedball [I do not use my coscom often]

Additionally once these are sorted out we can make Facebook events and submit the link.

What does everyone think of one Marvel shoot at 5 on Friday and one at noon on Saturday?
Oh my God. Cat. I didn't realize that was you. Hahahaha. Now I feel like a total derp.

Anyway if I don't decide to go to the AMV contest, I should be good on Friday night. I'll help you out if I'm there and you need any help, twilightimp.

Last edited by StrawberrySiren : 07-06-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Unread 07-06-2013, 01:49 PM   #39
Eyesabelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilightimp626 View Post
I'm fine hosting the Friday shoot myself, and I'll have a couple people that would be willing to help me. It would be at 7, not 5 (I decided to tweak the time a little).

Thanks so much for getting back to me!

(I only used my coscom name because I've got 3 rp blogs and 1 personal on tumblr that I jump around from)
That's absolutely fine. I'll put in the information for these shoots in the main gathering thread sometime in the next day or so -- I plan to make a Facebook event for the Saturday shoot to gauge how much space we might take up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberrySiren View Post
Oh my God. Cat. I didn't realize that was you. Hahahaha. Now I feel like a total derp.

Anyway if I don't decide to go to the AMV contest, I should be good on Friday night. I'll help you out if I'm there and you need any help, twilightimp.
Kat, I talked about cosplaying Speedball. In what universe would this not be me? Silly.

And that seems like the Friday shoot is well attended to then! Great!
Eyesabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 03:33 AM   #40
StrawberrySiren
Five Feet of POWAH!

Lol It's a strange time in my life. Also apparently a derpy time.

Unread 07-07-2013, 10:06 AM   #41
thebnwx
Impossible Girl

I'll be coming as Kate Bishop (Hawkeye) from the original Young Avengers, and I'll be bringing a Deadpool with me~
thebnwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 12:10 PM   #42
comradecourt
yeezy senpai taught me

I really want to run a Sunday shoot, but I don't know who would be up for meeting up. Anybody interested?

Next con....

Katsucon!

Thursday- The infamous Gazebo at the Gaylord
Friday- Winter Soldier (Captain America)
Saturday- Bucky Barnes (Post Apocalypse AU)
Sunday- Gazebo again~
comradecourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #43
Sorciere

Quote:
Originally Posted by comradecourt View Post
I really want to run a Sunday shoot, but I don't know who would be up for meeting up. Anybody interested?
I'd love it if we did a sunday shoot as that's the day I'll be cosplaying Harley Quinn. I'd be up for it at just about any time.
Fem!Midorima (Kuroko no Basuke) - 70%
Velma (Scooby Doo) - 20%
Sorciere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 03:09 PM   #44
thebnwx
Impossible Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by comradecourt View Post
My Deadpool and I can come Sunday. We'll be there all three days.
Unread 07-07-2013, 05:35 PM   #45
comradecourt
yeezy senpai taught me

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebnwx View Post
My Deadpool and I can come Sunday. We'll be there all three days.
I was thinking maybe 1 pm?? Not sure where yet though :/

Next con....

Katsucon!

Thursday- The infamous Gazebo at the Gaylord
Friday- Winter Soldier (Captain America)
Saturday- Bucky Barnes (Post Apocalypse AU)
Sunday- Gazebo again~
comradecourt is offline   Reply With Quote