Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Introductions

Unread 04-12-2013, 03:09 PM   #1
PandaDelight
PandaDelight

Red face Hello from a newbie cosplayer residing in Toronto, Canada~! 。◕‿◕。

Hey everyone! I thought I would finally introduce myself and start being active in the cosplay community seeing as I've been lurking for so long, why not be sociable and make some awesome friends while I'm at it?!
For starters... My name is Chelsi and I'm currently a 20 years old female residing in Toronto, Canada. I've been interested and have considered myself a cosplay enthusiast for quite some time (A good 7 or 8 years or so...) yet I've never gotten around to jumping into the cosplay community because I feel a bit intimidated by all the amazing cosplayers and how unexperienced I am at cosplay. Although, I suppose cosplayers in general always need to start somewhere so even though it's a bit late, this is my start! ヽ(;▽;)ノ

I'm known to have a slight obsession with pandas, gaming(More so for the good old survival horror franchise but I do have a gigantic weak spot of RPG's and classics such as the Legend of Zelda series), cosplay and I generally enjoy spending my time drinking excess amounts of coffee, food, and internet browsing.

Last year I attended Anime North for the very first time and since then I've been set on going this year and cosplaying for the first time. Those who are unaware, Anime North is held on the 24th-26th of May in Toronto. Although I only attended the Friday and Saturday last year, I'm attending the full 3 days and look forward to seeing everyone there this year since last year I was so incredibly inspired by all the inedible cosplayers and costumes!

Although I've had a previous Cosplay.com account that I never really used I'm still pretty much new so I'm still in the process of exploring all the nooks and crannies of this site. Tips and questions are more than welcomed so feel more than free to converse with me. :>

So, it's nice to meet you all!
Let's be friends!
- Ada Wong [Resident Evil 4] [85% complete]
- Sam Winchester / Fem Castiel [Supernatural] [90% complete]

• Atomic Lolipop (August 2nd-4th) & Fan Expo (August 23rd-26th)
~*~ Possible cosplays, not for sure ~*~
- Kuroyukihimi [Accel World]
- Re-l Mayer [Ergo Proxy]
- Fem. Link [Legend of Zelda]
- Miku Hatsune
- Mitsuru Kirijo [Persona 3]
- Sailor Neptune [Sailor Moon]
PandaDelight is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-12-2013, 03:21 PM   #2
Rhapsados
IRL Ibuki Mioda

Oooh, I'll look for you at Anime North!

Welcome to coscom/the cosplay community!

Future Cosplays
Sakura Kinomoto (Cardcaptor Sakura)
Akali (League of Legends)
Rhapsados is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 04:17 PM   #3
danielvutran
prinny dood!

One of my best friends is from Canada! I live in California though but he and I met through gaming lol. Idk what that has to do anything, but, uh....... welcome. LOL.
Unread 04-12-2013, 05:26 PM   #4
FloweringAngel

Welcome to cosplay.com! Anime North just so happened to be my first convention too - can't wait for it to come around again this year! >o<
FloweringAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 08:12 PM   #5
animazn

Wooo Canadians! I'm on the west though xD Welcome welcome! I'm actually pretty new to this too :3

Cosplay Page
Cosplays 2014:
Kirito-Gun Gale Online 30%
Akihito(dance version)-KNK 90%
Akihito(school version)-KNK 0%
Veigar-League of Legends 0%
Zabuza-Naruto 0%
Hikaru Hitachiin-OHHC 80%
Haru(Fem version)-Free! 10%
Ping-Mulan 30%
Sandwich-kun-SAO 10%
animazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 01:35 PM   #6
PandaDelight
PandaDelight

Hey guys!!! NICE TO MEET YOU AND THANK YOOOOU~ I'll be sure to keep an eye out for FloweringAngel & Rhapsados this year at AN. :> I hope this years weather will be as great as it was last year, LOL. The cosplays were so amazing last year that I could not go this year and not cosplay.

@animazn; Lucky you!! Are you in the Vancouver area? I've always wanted to go there not to mention Anime Revolution seems like it's a blast. /envyyy

@danielvutran; Nice to know another person from Cali! I actually know quite a few people from Cali who've moved up here to Canada in the area I live.
- Ada Wong [Resident Evil 4] [85% complete]
- Sam Winchester / Fem Castiel [Supernatural] [90% complete]

• Atomic Lolipop (August 2nd-4th) & Fan Expo (August 23rd-26th)
~*~ Possible cosplays, not for sure ~*~
- Kuroyukihimi [Accel World]
- Re-l Mayer [Ergo Proxy]
- Fem. Link [Legend of Zelda]
- Miku Hatsune
- Mitsuru Kirijo [Persona 3]
- Sailor Neptune [Sailor Moon]
PandaDelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 03:43 PM   #7
animazn

yep! Vancouver I didn't go last year, but I'm goin this year so I'll tell ya how it goes! I'm sure it'll be fun

Cosplay Page
Cosplays 2014:
Kirito-Gun Gale Online 30%
Akihito(dance version)-KNK 90%
Akihito(school version)-KNK 0%
Veigar-League of Legends 0%
Zabuza-Naruto 0%
Hikaru Hitachiin-OHHC 80%
Haru(Fem version)-Free! 10%
Ping-Mulan 30%
Sandwich-kun-SAO 10%
animazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2013, 02:05 PM   #8
Kumoshi
Just a cowardly montblanc

Welcome to cosplay.com! I look forward to seeing your cosplays ^-^

AX 2014:
- Vanellope Von Schweetz (Wreck-it Ralph)
- Kuroko Tetsuya (Kuroko no Basket)
- Isana Yashiro (K Project)
Kumoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2013, 09:47 PM   #9
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

Welcome welcome!

Great to hear you're coming out to Anime North and cosplaying!

Cheers!
~Kaiju

The International Costuming Convention is coming to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels, Contests, Classes and Events. Costumes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitons, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Big Fricken Trophies and so much more!
Get your membership today!
www.costumecon32.com
Kaijugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 02:01 AM   #10
Mrs.meng

Great~~~~~
Mrs.meng is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 07:41 AM   #11
Boreotheria
n00b

Toronto's a great place to be in the con scene. You've got Anime North, Ad Astra, some new ones like SFContario, whatever events TCON throws together like Reversed Polarity, and if you like commercial cons there's Fan Expo and ComicCon. If you can get out of the city there's also stuff like GenreCon and ConBravo within an hour's drive or so.

I've never been to Anime North, my husband and I share a birthday and it's that weekend. XD
Unread 04-27-2013, 07:51 PM   #12
emm_gee

hello hello~ moar cosplayers from toronto
i can totally understand why you'd feel intimidated. i've been attending cons for years but this will be my first time cosplaying
anime north is loads of fun and people are always friendly, so i'm sure you'll look great and have a blast
maybe i'll see you there!
emm_gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 11:55 PM   #13
dizzymonochrome
Sarah Charade

Hey another Torontonian! Welcome. Anime North was my first con ever (a long time ago) as well. I might go again this year, I'm on the fence about it.

AN has a bunch of cosplay panels iirc. So you can go learn something new and improve your skills while you're there.

And guys, don't forget Costume Con is coming to Toronto in 2014!

I see you also plan to go to APop! I will definitely be there this year. Maybe run a button press workshop again.

Costume design and fabrication
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/sector6labs

Tumblr: http://sector6labs.tumblr.com

Twitter: @sector6labs http://www.twitter.com/sector6labs
dizzymonochrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 01:01 AM   #14
chizoom
The Exhaulted

Nice to meet you PandaDelight. Panda's, panda's, panda's are my favourite too. Inteligent/cuddly/playful mixed into one for a perfect combo. When MOP came out all my toons races were changed into panda's.

Cheers
chizoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 04:18 AM   #15
Angelou
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaDelight View Post
Hey everyone! I thought I would finally introduce myself and start being active in the cosplay community seeing as I've been lurking for so long, why not be sociable and make some awesome friends while I'm at it?!
For starters... My name is Chelsi and I'm currently a 20 years old female residing in Toronto, Canada. I've been interested and have considered myself a cosplay enthusiast for quite some time (A good 7 or 8 years or so...) yet I've never gotten around to jumping into the cosplay community because I feel a bit intimidated by all the amazing cosplayers and how unexperienced I am at cosplay. Although, I suppose cosplayers in general always need to start somewhere so even though it's a bit late, this is my start! ヽ(;▽;)ノ

I'm known to have a slight obsession with pandas, gaming(More so for the good old survival horror franchise but I do have a gigantic weak spot of RPG's and classics such as the Legend of Zelda series), cosplay and I generally enjoy spending my time drinking excess amounts of coffee, food, and internet browsing.

Last year I attended Anime North for the very first time and since then I've been set on going this year and cosplaying for the first time. Those who are unaware, Anime North is held on the 24th-26th of May in Toronto. Although I only attended the Friday and Saturday last year, I'm attending the full 3 days and look forward to seeing everyone there this year since last year I was so incredibly inspired by all the inedible cosplayers and costumes!

Although I've had a previous Cosplay.com account that I never really used I'm still pretty much new so I'm still in the process of exploring all the nooks and crannies of this site. Tips and questions are more than welcomed so feel more than free to converse with me. :>

So, it's nice to meet you all!
Let's be friends!
anyone who say u look like Ladygaga?
Angelou is offline   Reply With Quote