Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 05-13-2013, 10:53 AM   #1
Lidaea
Frightened Rabbit

Crossplaying Hope Estheim

Hope is practically the cutest thing that ever happened. I want him to squish.
Anyways, first order of business! My biggest concern for any cosplay is the face, I have such a conscious issue with making the face look right, it's unbelievable.
So, for the face, do I do it justice?
My face
My dear Hope <3

Also, I was wondering if it would or would not be a good thing to be curvy in this cosplay. The referrence isn't great, he's actually curvier than that in game, but I can't find a better picture. He's a 13-year-old boy, so.. I'm not sure how much shape a thirteen year old boy would have, exactly. His jacket though, would that be suffice enough to cover my curves if he shouldn't have much shape? All I know is that i'm short and curvy. What to do?

Facebook
Lidaea is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-14-2013, 02:45 AM   #2
Kelley
Devil of Details

Your face picture is not loading for me for some reason. D:

His face is effeminate enough that it shouldn't be too difficult to achieve - though it's different to achieve that and also have people think "that's a guy" at first glance.

What do you want to achieve ?

His "figure" is pretty straight - not much in the way of curves at all. It depends, again, on what you want to achieve. You may need to wear shaping garments or modify the costume slightly depending on what you look like and what you want to achieve. His shirt is tight enough that I think even small A-cup breasts would be obvious - the jacket is pretty open in the front. It depends on if you want to look like a boy or if you don't mind people seeing you as a girl who happens to be doing a costume of a male character.

It's up to you.

Actually in the pipes:
- Remaking Ser Loras doublet.
- Luke Skywalker, A New Hope
- Wind Waker starter costume in swim material
Eventually: Paul from Dune, Faramir, Harry Sullivan
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 03:00 PM   #3
vandalhearts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidaea View Post
Hope is practically the cutest thing that ever happened. I want him to squish.
Anyways, first order of business! My biggest concern for any cosplay is the face, I have such a conscious issue with making the face look right, it's unbelievable.
So, for the face, do I do it justice?
My face
My dear Hope <3
You actually kind of do, of course it can't be totally matching, but despite being a girl your face is suited for hope. You should try to mimic his facial expression as much as possible. your eyes are quite similar to his

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidaea View Post
Also, I was wondering if it would or would not be a good thing to be curvy in this cosplay. The referrence isn't great, he's actually curvier than that in game, but I can't find a better picture. He's a 13-year-old boy, so.. I'm not sure how much shape a thirteen year old boy would have, exactly. His jacket though, would that be suffice enough to cover my curves if he shouldn't have much shape? All I know is that i'm short and curvy. What to do?
Yuu should definitely try to cover up your curves, he is short as ell so that fits. I would also try to hide your breasts a little ,s oit is more authentic. You could maybe pull it off, that's why i think you should go the full way

some good examples:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3...jhy9o1_500.jpg
http://unitedwelol.com/cosplay/wp-co...image_1-41.jpg

vandalhearts is offline   Reply With Quote