Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Boston

Unread 05-10-2013, 12:56 PM   #1
ChezPhoto
Fashion and Portraiture

Arrow CHEZPHOTO now open for cosplay shoot registration - Book Today!

Portfolio: Here

Fashion/portraiture: Here

IT’S MY FAVORITE TIME OF THE YEAR, MY FAVORITE CON! My fourth year at Anime Boston as a photog approaches. Hello all my New-England-bound lovelies, it’s time for cosplay-shoot booking for Anime Boston 2013! It’s my birthday weekend and Im ready to party, but not until after Ive had a full three days of shoots (just kidding, I’ll be celebrating along the way), and it will be my fourth year photographing at Anime Boston! I’ve had great experiences photographing at this con, I love it so much, and I’ve had pleased clients every year! I look forward to meeting you all and re-meeting past clients! Please, read on, and read carefully.

READ ME MOST IMPORTANTLY:

As much as I wish I could say I spend the money I make for this on fun, I don’t; I am taking a semester off from college to save money to finish my degree. I work full-time and pay all my expenses myself, and it’s very difficult. My photography profit is not squandered on trivialities—I do this for my necessities. Rent, food, transportation, bills, saving. tl;dr my time I allot is very important and I take my work very seriously. I expect as much understanding from my clients as I give them, which means serious inquiries only.
(I didnt use to have this shpeel in my posts, but Animazement 2012 had several negative experiences involving no-shows and a lot of standing outside in the blistering NC sun waiting for no one to show up and to not be contacted. Therefore, please, only contact me if you are 101% sure you will show up. Thank you.)

My rate is $50 an hour plus an extra $5 per extra person. So, if it’s just you, it will be $50 for your hour. If that’s out of your price range and you have a friend, or even better, a group, it can be far more affordable for you! For instance, if it’s a party of 5, it will be $70 split among 5 people, which is essentially $14 per person split among the group. A great rate, I’d say, as my work does not disappoint and my usual rate ranges from much higher depending on assignment. I have no limit to how many people I photograph for a slot!

Here are my available times for Anime Boston 2013! To ensure a slot, you MUST email me at chezphotocosplay@yahoo.com. Do NOT book with me unless you have your hotel booked and your pass purchased. I will not be booking with those who are not 100% certain they are attending. If you are a group or booking for your group, you must have approved with all group members on a timeslot and the rate. I have no tolerance for people who flake out —I need series cosplayers who would like professionalism and I expect the same in return.

In your email, please include the following:
Time
Amount of people
Character(s)
Series

Photo/link of your cosplay/WIP/etc (this is to ensure that you are a serious potential client and not someone who is wishy-washy or unsure—I need to know your costume exists so I can feel confident you will show up)
Phone number to best reach you during the con
(I will only use it before the shoot if I cannot find you. You will also have my number.)

CURRENT SLOTS (get em while they’re hot!)

Friday:
10am: TAKEN-JESSI
11:30am: OPEN
1pm:TAKEN
2:30pm:TAKEN - Sarah as Rachel Alucard
4pm: TAKEN - Caitlin as Princess Marlene
6pm: TAKEN - Katlyn the Cosplay Mechanic

Saturday:
10am: TAKEN - Joshua as Yukari
11:30am: TAKEN - Katlyn and Boyfriend as Subway Master Ingo and Chandelure
1pm: TAKEN - Eva group of 6 or 7

2:30pm:TAKEN - JESSI
4pm: TAKEN

Sunday:
10am:OPEN
11:30pm: OPEN
1pm: TAKEN - JESSI
2:30pm: TAKEN - Saber/Lancer/Rider with Lyndsey and co

Now for some questions you might have.

How long will it take for me to get my photos after the shoot?
Please allow 3-5 days after the convention ends for time it takes to upload the photos. You will receive the photos in a link to the Dropbox containing all photos from the shoot. If you aren’t familiar with DropBox, worry not—it’s painless, easy and free.

When do I pay you?
In cash, at the beginning of the shoot. Again, BEGINNING of shoot. Checks are not accepted.

Where will we go to shoot?
Within the block of the con, around, by the con, or if you have an idea, please suggest - just remember, any time it takes to get there is time taken from your block. I’m a very adventurous photographer, so climbing things and going crazy places are my forte. However, I will not trespass and I will make the best of our setting -I understand cons are not ideal for shooting cosplay, but we’ll work around that.

What if I am late?
I’m sorry to say that if you are more than 15 minutes late to the shoot WITHOUT CONTACTING ME PRIOR, I will have to cancel it, as the time frames between shoots are tight and I only allow myself a short break most of the time. If you contact me and are late, your rate will not be discounted, as I could’ve used that slot for someone to show up on time for their full hour. I will still do my absolute best to get good photos in for the time you have.

Will you edit the pictures in photoshop?
There is no guarantee, but I may edit a few if I like, and I will always send you edited work so you may see it. All photos are watermarked with my logo.

How will I find you at the con?
You will have my number and I will have yours to contact you.

Now, here’s your job if you’re interested!

1) EMAIL ME reserving your spot. If you post in the forum it will not have priority.
2) If you’re familiar with AB, and you have location shots in mind, let me know. I will investigate.
3) Once your reservation is confirmed, I’ll update it here.
4) Don’t flake out, because I sure won’t!

Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you! If you have any questions, let me know!

Now booking for: ANIME BOSTON 2014
For portfolio, booking information and process, GO HERE

Last edited by ChezPhoto : 05-21-2013 at 02:10 AM.
ChezPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-17-2013, 02:18 AM   #2
ChezPhoto
Fashion and Portraiture

Friday halfway booked! So is Saturday! Grab those while you still can or get a Sunday slot!

Unread 05-17-2013, 05:00 PM   #3
ChezPhoto
Fashion and Portraiture

Gah! Only one more slot left on Saturday and two on Friday! Grab dese babies or snag a Sunday slot!

Unread 05-17-2013, 09:46 PM   #4
CosplayJelly
The Greatest Jelly

OH NOOO dang it im waiting for my friend to verify if she can come!!
Miss Fortune (LoL)- 0% thinking
Tera Elin- 0% thinking
Hermione- 99% waiting for shipment to arrive
Conventions~
OtakonAnime USAKatsucon!
CosplayJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 10:32 PM   #5
ChezPhoto
Fashion and Portraiture

Hope to hear from you soon! :3